Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
i'm excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm probably going to pick this up for the pc and the switch so I can play it on the go.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Looking forward to this game.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

HAT FETISH posted:

Looking forward to this game.

Me too. Me too.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I think I speak for all backers when I say we're okay with a delay so that you can get it ported over to the Switch.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Krakox posted:

i'm excited

I'm horny, but for reasons unrelated to Barkley 2

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm horny, but for reasons unrelated to Barkley 2

but you're also gay, and the reason is related to barkley 2

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Freakazoid_ posted:

but you're also gay, and the reason is related to barkley 2

This is true

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Warpdogs, you have to do better than that if you want your post to be read by truckpump in Barkley 2: The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.
this reminds me that the only time we've seen or heard of that feature is from 2012. starting to think it's maybe in trouble?

ALFbrot posted:

im extremely mad about my 10 dollars from five years ago

so now you understand why I'm 6 times angrier than you

I'm sure i've posted this itt before, but what on earth do the ToG guys need to do to get you to admit that maybe they're actually bad at this? hopefully by 2020 or so i'll be able to post something negative about this project and people won't act like i've just done something outrageous

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
I would be angry if I had any expectations, but I don't until 6 years from now. Also, I hope they keep working on things in their spare time. If this was a physical item I'd be mad, sure, but it's like that miyamoto quote about late once vs bad forever

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

WarpDogs posted:

this reminds me that the only time we've seen or heard of that feature is from 2012. starting to think it's maybe in trouble?

I'm sure i've posted this itt before, but what on earth do the ToG guys need to do to get you to admit that maybe they're actually bad at this? hopefully by 2020 or so i'll be able to post something negative about this project and people won't act like i've just done something outrageous

No one cares because it's been six years and veing mad at a video game for that long is dumb as hell

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

WarpDogs posted:

Most of that pledge was for the tunes and vidcons packs, which you got, so you should be like 41.67% as angry as people who haven't gotten anything.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

WarpDogs posted:

I'm five times happier than you. Get on my level.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

WarpDogs posted:

I admit that they are bad at scope and schedule and communication, but also i don't care????

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

WarpDogs posted:

I mean sure yeah they're clearly real bad at money management and preventing a project from spiralling outta hand and they clearly needed more cash for the job but

I'm not mad because I am convinced this game is getting made, albeit extremely slowly, and I'm fine with that, myself. Some good-rear end games that have been made extremely slowly have been released lately and it gives me some hope for it, y'know

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
TBH I'm just a nerd who likes reading development update logs.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Node posted:

I'm five times happier than you. Get on my level.

is your av going to be the character portrait?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Freakazoid_ posted:

is your av going to be the character portrait?

No, I sent them a pic of my hideous visage. Frankie will get to it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
For those who purchased a character portrait, Barkley 2 will serve as a valid form of identification.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

TBH I'm just a nerd who likes reading development update logs.

yeah i would trade away ever actually getting the game if it meant i could read about the cool new time-sensitive erosion physics being added to all the bodies of water in the game.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
I would pay upwards of 10 000 $CAD if i was able to pre-purchase Rare Basket-Balls in the game. Perhaps this business model would allow it to release within this geological epoch

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't particularly mind if I don't get the game since I mostly threw $10 because I liked the first one, but I also don't think irony is a defense against screwing up your kickstarter and it's okay for people to be annoyed at the bad communication.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

is chef even still on the team

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The game is done the problem is they made it too big and realized they're not as funny as they thought they were so it's taking too long to fill in the jokes

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ImpAtom posted:

I don't particularly mind if I don't get the game since I mostly threw $10 because I liked the first one, but I also don't think irony is a defense against screwing up your kickstarter and it's okay for people to be annoyed at the bad communication.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

BinaryDoubts posted:

I would pay upwards of 10 000 $CAD if i was able to pre-purchase Rare Basket-Balls in the game. Perhaps this business model would allow it to release within this geological epoch

how much is 10 000 scad in real money

also is it too late to kickstart back this game? I haven't kickstart backed this game yet.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

To be honest I knew they were being a bit overambitious when they announced the whole time passage schtick.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Never stop remembering when this forum wanted to give them enough money to make the game and tog literally begged people to stop giving them money

MagurEnch
Nov 28, 2015

this will be a good juego

MagurEnch fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 5, 2017

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Star Citizen will come out before Barkley 2.

Before Star Citizen we will have gotten an ironic blog post update though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

bge2 isn't coming out

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it won't

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Looking forward to this game

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fetish rivalry...

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

fetish rivalry...
B-BALL FETISH

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
A down jacket wearing a hat

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Barkley 2 is now a erogi kinetic novel based around dating sexy gay single dads and basketball jokes.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Barkley 2 is now a erogi kinetic novel based around dating sexy gay single dads and basketball jokes.

https://twitter.com/dreamdaddygame/status/878705334570762240

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

The PROMISE has been made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I am but a humble bball farmer.