Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

VulgarandStupid posted:

That's nice and all but couldn't they just let you use the micro-uzi as a pistol? All of these new guns are nice, but largely ignorable. Obviously it's not the same team, but goddamn you'd think they could fix stuff that actually matters instead of adding bad guns and then nerfing said bad guns.

You asked and answered your own question literally in the same sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Hey all! I just got this game a week ago and I'm having a blast.

First kill that I ever got was my second match ever where I got a jeep and was driving down a hill were I saw a good hiding spot to set up an ambush so I got out of the car and let it slowly roll down the hill while I set up in my hiding place. Sure enough, someone ran at the car guns blazing and I shot him in the back.

I've been constantly getting into the 20s and have yet to win but I'll get there.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Inspector_666 posted:

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/876896398997729280

I'd better be able to put a vertical foregrip on it.

The only way this would be interesting is if they had it as select fire, otherwise why bother.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Placing the micro uzi in the handgun slot would make it the only weapon of choice there, just like the pan is the only good choice for the melee slot.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i actually think that they should get rid of carrying two big guns all together and do only one primary/pistol and then pistols might actually matter

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

The only way this would be interesting is if they had it as select fire, otherwise why bother.

The model in the picture has the fire selector so it probably is. Otherwise :laffo:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i actually think that they should get rid of carrying two big guns all together and do only one primary/pistol and then pistols might actually matter

It's an interesting idea, and a massive nerf to snipers, but would be fun to try out if possible on custom games, one issue I see though is that shotguns become near worthless.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cinara posted:

It's an interesting idea, and a massive nerf to snipers, but would be fun to try out if possible on custom games, one issue I see though is that shotguns become near worthless.

Shotguns are sorta near worthless as it is. We started switching to Vectors/UMPs as secondaries if we didn't have a sniper rifle and well it works out.

The thing that would be interesting is if they added shotgun revolvers (lol the Judge) or a mare's leg shotgun/sawn off side-by.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I think I solved the mystery of not being able to switch to auto sometimes. You have to be holding the gun in your hands. Sometimes the gun looks selected, but you might not be wielding it, for example if it gets put away when running. Took me way too long to figure out why it wasn't switching for me in my last match.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
You press X (default) to holster your gun. It shouldn't "just happen". The silhouette of the gun will be faded out when it is holstered. You may also notice that your character no longer has a gun in their hands!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

You can see the selector in the screenshot, so I assume it is.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I love closing doors and placing crappy loot on the floor to set traps for players.

Just got 3 kills that way by hiding under the stairs with a shotgun and re closing all the doors in the house I was hiding in.

Orv
May 4, 2011

hey welcome to the show! posted:

I love closing doors and placing crappy loot on the floor to set traps for players.

Just got 3 kills that way by hiding under the stairs with a shotgun and re closing all the doors in the house I was hiding in.

I discovered yesterday, and by discovered I meant learnt in the harshest manner possible vis a vis buckshot, that if you leave the doors open in a compound, and hide in a multistory building, some dumb fucker (hi) will be along to check if there's anything that got passed over, assuming people will reclose doors if they're staying there. I've since used it to really just depressing effect.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Shotguns are sorta near worthless as it is. We started switching to Vectors/UMPs as secondaries if we didn't have a sniper rifle and well it works out.

The thing that would be interesting is if they added shotgun revolvers (lol the Judge) or a mare's leg shotgun/sawn off side-by.

A choked shotgun is currently extremely strong and at least as-good-as the SMG's other than the extended mag vector. I think it's because a shotgun puts em down in one shot wheras the SMG's give them a chance for the lucky flick into the dome. The SMG's (in particular the UMP) are extremely good as well as an AR substitute though so tbh all those guns are pretty well balanced. I also think being able to carry two big guns works fine.

Really I think the guns just need more variety in the vein of the crossbow or VSS - weapons that change the way you play, not just the sound they make when they fire. Also additional attachments that do the same - imagine a bipod attachments for sniper rifles or the AR's, that'd be sick.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Ashrik posted:

You press X (default) to holster your gun. It shouldn't "just happen". The silhouette of the gun will be faded out when it is holstered. You may also notice that your character no longer has a gun in their hands!

New terrible players like me are bad about not looking at their own model and comprehending it with everything else that is going on. We just see the gun icon that is the right shape. Just a learning moment. I have less than 10 hours played and havent played other games like it.

abigserve posted:

A choked shotgun is currently extremely strong and at least as-good-as the SMG's other than the extended mag vector. I think it's because a shotgun puts em down in one shot wheras the SMG's give them a chance for the lucky flick into the dome. The SMG's (in particular the UMP) are extremely good as well as an AR substitute though so tbh all those guns are pretty well balanced. I also think being able to carry two big guns works fine.

Really I think the guns just need more variety in the vein of the crossbow or VSS - weapons that change the way you play, not just the sound they make when they fire. Also additional attachments that do the same - imagine a bipod attachments for sniper rifles or the AR's, that'd be sick.

The bipod elevates you to see out of grass better when prone. Sounds wicked.

cosmicjim fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 20, 2017

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I wanted to post this last week when people were bitching about Bad Starts and 3x pants in a warehouse but I was out of town. Waaaaaaaaa I'm bad waaaaaaaaa I never get a scar and a silencer in the little house I drop to in the woods waaaaa

https://streamable.com/6fv7b

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

abigserve posted:

A choked shotgun is currently extremely strong and at least as-good-as the SMG's other than the extended mag vector. I think it's because a shotgun puts em down in one shot wheras the SMG's give them a chance for the lucky flick into the dome.

Yup! Single shot kill + this games netcode means shotgun is always king for close range building combat. You can kill people before they even have a chance to shoot back if you use third person or know where they are.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Carebearz posted:

I thought you said you were done with this thread?

Stop projecting, weirdo.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

Stop projecting, weirdo.

you.... did say that.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Does this game show any signs that of the devs fading out after they got their sweet early access money like pretty much every iteration of this genre has seen? Or is it too early to tell? I haven't kept up with these types of games very much since when dayz was just a mod, but this game is fun to watch.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Thus far it's been a big patch every month and weekly tweeks

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Ice Fist posted:

you.... did say that.

No, I said I was done talking about custom servers. Maybe stay on topic instead of meta trolling?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

No, I said I was done talking about custom servers. Maybe stay on topic instead of meta trolling?

It's hard to play without thinking about how oppressed we are now that you've opened the Pandora's Box of knowledge on us.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Just got my first squad win with the help of some goons

Thanks, team!

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Broose posted:

Does this game show any signs that of the devs fading out after they got their sweet early access money like pretty much every iteration of this genre has seen? Or is it too early to tell? I haven't kept up with these types of games very much since when dayz was just a mod, but this game is fun to watch.

The guy who is making this game is the guy who made day-Z.

He is a giant sperg and will never leave you.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

hey welcome to the show! posted:

The guy who is making this game is the guy who made day-Z.

He is a giant sperg and will never leave you.

Ugh, don't even joke about that.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
if you get offended by the word sperg turn off your comms and also probably never interact with anybody in this game because it's a minefield of problematic

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

learn to use ironsights, red dots are a crutch

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Tonetta posted:

if you get offended by the word sperg turn off your comms and also probably never interact with anybody in this game because it's a minefield of problematic

It was probably a response to Day-Z but :shrug:

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
E: beaten to :thejoke:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObliviousSplendidPepperFUNgineer

And the end of the game:
https://clips.twitch.tv/NeighborlyRefinedSashimiTheRinger

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 20, 2017

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
This game is so, so fun but I have no loving clue how people seemingly one-shot headshot me seemingly from the hip when I can't kill someone from point blank range with any friggin gun I've tried.

Oh well, at least doing sick car stunts is fun, and getting to run people down is just a bonus.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Inspector_666 posted:

You can see the selector in the screenshot, so I assume it is.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuccessfulCorrectSamosaAllenHuhu

Apparently when they announced it they said specifically semi-only which is just lol.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Broose posted:

PUBG is, right now, in it's current state, a fully working and complete game that is worth at least the 30 bucks they are charging for it. They could release it tomorrow, never update it again and it would still be an extremely good game that people will be playing for a long time into the foreseeable future.

If you're on the fence honest to god you're missing out on the best multiplayer game since CSGO and that is said without a trace of sarcasm.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Man, we killed three out of a four man squad last night, and my dudes were all running down to take a house and get us somewhere to hunker and wait for the circle while I provided cover with a 4x SCAR. I'm always amazed at how good bushes are at hiding dudes, because I absolute could not see this dude until he creeped back a bit to get better cover from my dudes. Fortunately I was able to light him up before he could do anything, but my dudes were like 10 ft from his position and were popping off in voice chat asking what the gently caress I was firing at.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Headphone warning maybe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8STfFqIkudU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
yeah pubg is easily already better than almost every fully released game ever made, being one of the best games I've ever played, so getting caught up on the "early access" label is just being stupid, like if you refused to use gmail while it was in "beta" for 60 years

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The original plan was to finish development within 6 months of EA release.

I'm not really sure what needs to be done, except optimize performance and net code. Well, I guess the vaulting system, and adding more pointless items.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
aside from polish and stability which is what they're mostly working on right now according to interviews, some big upcoming content includes two new maps and a replay system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

What are the requirements like for this game? I am toying with bootcamping it on my mediocre MBP but I don't want to splash out for something I can't run.

• Locked thread