Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

ChrisBTY posted:

My way of dealing with these things is A: Get rid of any troublemakers who arn't absolutely essential. This absolutely kills me in 2016 because I had to dump Shawn Micheals and Chris Jericho after I pushed him too fast (hate that mechanic BTW) and B: Abuse relationships. Hire jobbers with positive relationships with other jobbers. My locker rooms are a frequent Samoan/Armstrong family reunion.

I tried doing Nov 97 WCW. Fixing that locker room is not impossible (well maybe if you're playing as Booker), the biggest obstacle was figuring out what to do about Eric Bischoff. Super prick, not useful, but he also has a lot of people who love him and get pissed off when you boot him, including otherwise positive influences like The Giant and DDP. I did it anyway, because gently caress that guy.

Thanks for the tips! One thing I forgot is rolling the dice on the "Hardline Stance". I decided to go for it, since none of my top guys are upset... got me +20% backstage atmosphere, and Stevie Ray & Paul Orndorf walked out on me.

Meh, I'll take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

On occasion I've given troublemakers paid vacation so they're not in my locker room on show days but I don't piss off a bunch of people for firing them.

I've also once or twice sent them off to developmental to poison that locker room. Not the best solution but it's not your problem.

But I've never had any major problems. I try and deal with a cancer quick before he or she really has time to gently caress poo poo up. Sometimes that means giving up on a big name or someone you like but it's the greater good.

The only major example I can think of is I brought the American Wolves in for a big angle and then a week later Davey Richards had an affair with Eddie's wife. Half the wrestling world was pissed off at Davey so I just cut bait and tossed the angle I had gotten really excited for.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Kenny King started a bunch of fights, but he was on PPA so I had him buried in a match against an up-and-coming hoss and then canned his rear end. A week later he quit ROH and now he's just a midcarder in Gabe's third in-game promotion. Burying a guy on worldwide TV will drop their overness pretty hard.

Thankfully I've yet to hire a real politician, just a couple of hotheads and Kana, who sent me notes about how half the locker room had no upside, even the ones Creative pegged as future stars. I considered hiring Trips since he left WWE to start his own dojo, but thought better of it.

Just poached Sami Zayn, too. After the women's division castaways and Steen / AJ I think that's about all I need to build a new order, though the idea of doing TNA but right is somewhat appealing.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 18, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

One thing to appreciate about TEW's extremely complicated design is that it accurately reflects how absolutely vital getting a commercial TV deal is to long-term health of a fed. It doesn't actually represent how impossible that is to pull off, but even a simulation has to be fun.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think you can make it impossible of you want. It all comes down to how many networks are in the database and what their interest and tolerance level are at. An accurate representation would probably be pretty stingy.

But as you said, there's no real fun in everyone dying because they can't get tv.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

If you're looking for something a little different from a real world mod I'd recommend turning economy effects on, starting a game with bad economy / industry (can you control that at the outset? Might need to restart a few times) and running a small promotion with deep pockets for about a year. Economy / Industry basically set a soft cap on how big a company can get, so WWE gets starved to cult level, LU stays pretty healthy (Impact too, if it doesn't end up built on mob money) and you end up set with a fairly even playing field among a number of feds.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

I have no idea what Evolve did. :stare: The one for Chikara mentions Sapolsky and Quack having a beef but the others were generic like this.

Also, Silver Ant got some kind of spinal chord compression and he's gone for a year. I guess that means...(checks notes)...Johnny Gargano will be the guy who eventually takes the Cruiserweight belt from Kenny Omega, hopefully with Omega's North American overness up enough that he can leave cruiserweights behind.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Mass hostility is usually from a fed either growing too big or beginning to die out. If it's the same mod I think Gabe might just be a flashy spender and killing all his companies. One of the many ways he takes after Paul E.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I took a '13 mod I had enjoyed playing and edited it and did the thing to convert it for '16 so maybe not. I can't see any real pattern to it. They didn't really grow or shrink in any dramatic fashion, they signed a few contracts but they were all non-exclusive, they're financially stable. Nothing telling in Gabe's profile either. I'll keep an eye on it, hopefully something hilarious happens.

AIW were going out of business too so now I've got a second development territory. They had a better women's division with Allysin Kay and Heidi Lovelace and some other folks, so I shipped all my ladies there. Is there a way to move people from one territory to another without bringing them back to the main roster in between?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/850...s-announced/amp

Does this mean WWE 2K18 won't be getting a PS3/360 version? Not sure if that info would normally be included in a press release like that.

If not then it's about drat time! Who knows how much it will translate to a better current-gen product, but it's good for them to finally rip off that band-aid.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Minidust posted:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/850...s-announced/amp

Does this mean WWE 2K18 won't be getting a PS3/360 version? Not sure if that info would normally be included in a press release like that.

If not then it's about drat time! Who knows how much it will translate to a better current-gen product, but it's good for them to finally rip off that band-aid.

As soon as the next gen versions of the game were introduced, the PS3/360 versions got stripped down to barely nothing, so next gen users need to stop complaining that the old gen were what were holding the games back.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

They confirmed no last gen version.
https://twitter.com/wwegames/status/876904384709316608

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Be more impressed if they confirmed a version that doesn't need like a million patches.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

tbf the story of software development is "it needs more patches". Nothing is ever finished.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Nothing beats getting your chosen nobody over.

Top is current, bottom is historical. His global overness outside of US / Canada is still in the Es, but hopefully new global TV expansion will help catch up.

The fun thing is that the adjustments Ryland made to rookie debuts appear to work. Prior to June he had F+ overness nationwide, but I put him over big in his first program with Ryback and he got to midcard overness immediately. Book your guys in strong angles and let them win.

*e here's Io, who I paired w/ Stone as a tag team and didn't even pay great attention to pushing.

Because of the TV deals, she's now significantly more over stateside than she is in Japan.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 20, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Hell, that's not even getting into how in TEW16 really good matches benefit everyone in them much more consistently. Sami Callahan has lost every PPV match I've put him in since he was hired (the ol' Sami Zayn push), but he's gained an increment of overness every month and maintained his place in the main event. He's getting more over faster than Goldberg pushed rookies on the roster.

Sure, maybe I tend to abuse the Mega Powers Explode-style "everyone looks like a killer" sort of angle at go-home shows, but a well-booked fed makes everybody important and dangerous when they need to be.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I decided that TEW doesn't make sense when I had Monty Brown lose every match for 6 months and he kept getting more and more over until he was the top star in wrestling.

He pulled a Daniel Bryan and I have no idea how.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Did you book him in angles to look good? I think really strong positive momentum can reverse the normal effects of losing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I wonder if it's another hidden mechanic, like the invisible "potential" stat that sets a hard overness floor for guys and you can only roughly measure via the Creative Meeting function. A guy with high potential (like The Rock or Cena) won't lose overness unless it's buried out of him, otherwise they stay at A popularity indefinitely, even through hiatus or injury. A guy with low potential will start losing any overness they gain as soon as their push ends.

I wonder if there are folks so full of potential that they just take off if they're used in any way. Would make for an interesting wrinkle - most but not all of those hidden stats are randomized at game start. Right now Creative is suggesting that there are only two potential megastars on my active roster - Pete Dunne, who is basically The Rock 2 and will sit at A forever if I push him, and Alexa Bliss, who's more of a Jericho and will probably maintain a floor of B or B-. But there are a few others going through the developmental paces right now.

Problem for me is that I'm pushing my drawing WWE castoffs right now and letting Dunne be king of the tag division, which has no belt or formal structure. I may have to bite the bullet and depush Tyler Bate (who puts on fantastic matches with alarming consistency) in his favor.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I'm still trying to figure out how to properly book a show. I'm hoping that this 2005 mod, where there are people I actually know to be good, will help but drat this is hard to get a handle on.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

I wonder if it's another hidden mechanic, like the invisible "potential" stat that sets a hard overness floor for guys and you can only roughly measure via the Creative Meeting function. A guy with high potential (like The Rock or Cena) won't lose overness unless it's buried out of him, otherwise they stay at A popularity indefinitely, even through hiatus or injury. A guy with low potential will start losing any overness they gain as soon as their push ends.

I wonder if there are folks so full of potential that they just take off if they're used in any way. Would make for an interesting wrinkle - most but not all of those hidden stats are randomized at game start. Right now Creative is suggesting that there are only two potential megastars on my active roster - Pete Dunne, who is basically The Rock 2 and will sit at A forever if I push him, and Alexa Bliss, who's more of a Jericho and will probably maintain a floor of B or B-. But there are a few others going through the developmental paces right now.

Problem for me is that I'm pushing my drawing WWE castoffs right now and letting Dunne be king of the tag division, which has no belt or formal structure. I may have to bite the bullet and depush Tyler Bate (who puts on fantastic matches with alarming consistency) in his favor.

There's definitely something to this, my current world champ was in a very over tag team before I made him a single, and his partner (they didn't break up and feud or anything, so the guy didn't get buried) has almost instantly dropped from B+ to C overness now that he's not being "carried" by the better half of the team.

He's a good worker, but has no real star power, charisma, mic skills, or anything going for him really. Meanwhile, I have other people who I use as jobber to the stars and otherwise ignore who only drop below B-/C+ if I actively bury them.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Davros1 posted:

As soon as the next gen versions of the game were introduced, the PS3/360 versions got stripped down to barely nothing, so next gen users need to stop complaining that the old gen were what were holding the games back.

Yeah, what's holding them back is the duct tape and glue they've been using to keep Frankensteining the series ever since the first SmackDown game on PS1.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah they'll never have the money or time to really go in and rebuild it all from the ground up. They try a lot of little things and sometimes it works but it's never great.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'm still running my FCW game and it's distressing how if I ever want to grow my product, I'll have to either 1)put on hordes of shows in front of a crowd of 30 dudes instead of my normal crowd or 2)Edit in a very, very cheaty broadcaster.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

What a double main event

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Will they ever just release a 2k day and date for PC? jesus

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Little Mac posted:

Will they ever just release a 2k day and date for PC? jesus

release date: 2 months after all the dlc comes out on console

speaking of release dates, Fire Pro Wrestling World's gets announced today. Probably mid July

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 21, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

release date: 2 months after all the dlc comes out on console

speaking of release dates, Fire Pro Wrestling World's gets announced today. Probably mid July

He's asking for it to be out the same day as console.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

STAC Goat posted:

The only major example I can think of is I brought the American Wolves in for a big angle and then a week later Davey Richards had an affair with Eddie's wife. Half the wrestling world was pissed off at Davey so I just cut bait and tossed the angle I had gotten really excited for.

even in video games Davey is the coolest

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
After mostly ignoring it for the last year, I fired up WWE 2k16 in an effort to make some CAWs, and found some interesting choices in the list of available hometowns. Like, the fact that Chicago isn't on there.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://twitter.com/dg_jae/status/877509150833385473

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

is 7/11 july 11th or is it november 7th?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

July 11 Steam Early Access

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DoctorDelaware posted:

After mostly ignoring it for the last year, I fired up WWE 2k16 in an effort to make some CAWs, and found some interesting choices in the list of available hometowns. Like, the fact that Chicago isn't on there.

Well, what sort of skinny-fat jobber would actually admit to being from that place?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Marquis de Pyro posted:

What a double main event

It was nice of them to do hype packages for every match so I knew who was in all the tag teams

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like that HHH shows up to fight Cena in an angle and then doesn't have a match while Cena goes on to beat someone else.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I love that every single title is retained at WM

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the over/under on there being create a story stuff in 2k18?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

July 11 Steam Early Access

:20bux: for PC Fire Pro where there's going to be no end to the insane poo poo that people come up with...:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

C. Everett Koop posted:

:20bux: for PC Fire Pro where there's going to be no end to the insane poo poo that people come up with...:allears:

I haven't pre-ordered a game in years (Kickstarter excepted) but goddamn where do I give these jerks money at