Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

So, if you die on Earth you get stuck in Earth hell until go through the cosmic treadmill and all that and Frieza's the only dude too much of a jerk to go through that... does that mean somewhere out there there's a 12 year old who is the earthly reincarnation of King Cold?

And a Raditz and a Nappa yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ImpAtom posted:

So, if you die on Earth you get stuck in Earth hell until go through the cosmic treadmill and all that and Frieza's the only dude too much of a jerk to go through that... does that mean somewhere out there there's a 12 year old who is the earthly reincarnation of King Cold?

Dloc was the worst behaved student at Satan City Elementary.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kid Trunks has been the reincarnation of Nappa the whole time and we were just too blind to see it

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

reignofevil posted:

I want reincarnated Nappa to be called Anpan.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
So, anybody familiar with Buddhism?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mordaedil posted:

is that a food

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

reignofevil posted:

That might explain why this guy looks a lot like Nappa.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Kelp Plankton posted:

Kid Trunks has been the reincarnation of Nappa the whole time and we were just too blind to see it

We should check on Future Trunks' hairline in a few years to prove this.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Cell is probably Marron then

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Neo_Crimson posted:

We should check on Future Trunks' hairline in a few years to prove this.

Sayajin hair does not change ever. Nappa was born with bald hair and a mustache.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rutibex posted:

Sayajin hair does not change ever. Nappa was born with bald hair and a mustache.

We know this doesn't apply to half-saiyans and Trunks should start buying Rogaine.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

That isn't the case. We've seen both Goku and Vegeta grow facial hair, and we've seen a younger Nappa and he most definitely had hair.

It's likely Vegeta meant that Saiyan hair merely never grows past a certain length and constantly sticks to the same hairstyle (Goku's impossible bangs or Vegeta trying to hide his dwarfness with a massive spike).

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mordaedil posted:

That's that religion based on The Matrix and Groundhog Day, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If Saiyan hair never grew at all then the times we saw Goku get spikes chopped off would have been permanent.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

notaspy posted:

I am worried that freiza is going to mess up u7 in the tournament, and not on purpose.

Ok, bare with me. All his moves are kill moves, he is going to struggle to hold back. Goku has plenty of moves that end with his opponent defeated but not dead. He has even used the kamahama to knock people out.

Let's compare freiza with Hit. Hit has disabling moves that don't kill but freiza is all about the kill.

He's going to go in, kill someone, get erased by Xeno and leave the u7 boys one down from the start. Anyone who watches football (the proper version) knows how much of a disadvantage that can be.

Real shame too, as new freiza is like vegeta without the attitude problem. That is, way beyond Goku in every way.

Freeza spent four months training how to bring Tagoma to near the brink of death without killing him, so as to best prolong Goku's suffering later. He definitely knows how to disable someone without killing them.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

The Ninth Layer posted:

Freeza spent four months training how to bring Tagoma to near the brink of death without killing him, so as to best prolong Goku's suffering later. He definitely knows how to disable someone without killing them.

In addition to this, Freeza managed to shoot a lovely mook with like 6 death beams without killing them outright in this very episode.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

If Saiyan hair never grew at all then the times we saw Goku get spikes chopped off would have been permanent.

that stuff's played as a joke and can't be taken seriously. it's not like it's even consistent when it happens

the saiyans never grow hair thing makes no sense whatsoever but vegeta does say that's how it works so it's how it works

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Kanos posted:

In addition to this, Freeza managed to shoot a lovely mook with like 6 death beams without killing them outright in this very episode.

That reminds me, I'm never sure how a 'weak' death beam that pierces through someone doesn't kill them but a 'strong' death beam piercing through someone does, but that train of thought isn't going anywhere useful

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Depends on where you get hit. You can get shot plenty of places and still survive.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Alternatively frieza has mastered the same technique Goku used to give him energy in namek and in fact Frieza is now one of the worlds most proficient healers and a good guy now.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Half of Dracula posted:

That reminds me, I'm never sure how a 'weak' death beam that pierces through someone doesn't kill them but a 'strong' death beam piercing through someone does, but that train of thought isn't going anywhere useful

Shoot somebody in the shoulder or the clip their thigh and they're going to go into shock but not die immediately. Shoot someone in the heart or in the lung and they're probably donezo.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Half of Dracula posted:

Same way getting shot with a .22 in the arm will hurt, but getting shot in the arm with a .50 Cal will kill you.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
what does Frost have to offer Freeza? Frost is way weaker than Freeza.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Blue Star posted:

Frost knows how the game is played. He's a devious, underhanded, lovely little rear end in a top hat. The perfect underling for Frieza to use to relaunch his galactic empire as an interdimensional empire.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kelp Plankton posted:

Frost knows how the game is played. He's a devious, underhanded, lovely little rear end in a top hat. The perfect underling for Frieza to use to relaunch his galactic empire as an interdimensional empire.

Freezas gonna kill him the second he's not useful anymore, though.

How even strong is Frost? I bet hes not even at super saiyan 3 level, in his final form. Whereas Freeza is way above that even in his lower forms, especially now after his training in Hell. Frost isnt fit to smell Freeza's farts.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Star posted:

How even strong is Frost? I bet hes not even at super saiyan 3 level, in his final form. Whereas Freeza is way above that even in his lower forms, especially now after his training in Hell. Frost isnt fit to smell Freeza's farts.

Basically here's the thing. Frost stood a very good chance of losing against Piccolo.

That's how weak he is. Piccolo has stepped up in the world, can fight with SSJ2 Gohan, though is out matched by him, but that's absolutely nothing to Freeza, who might be stronger than Hit at this point.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Maybe Frost just needed to train 4 months too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hit notes he needed to pay attention to dodge Frost's attacks so he's likely grown stronger since the tournament.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Judging anyone's power by the last time you saw them fight is a fool's game in DBS. (Or even DBZ to be honest.) Frost being weaker than Piccolo last time doesn't mean he hasn't discovered Platinum Frost form or something.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
please sign this so Switch owners can enjoy the new DBZ game

https://www.change.org/p/release-dragon-ball-fighterz-for-nintendo-switch

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
Really? But it's a japanese video game company: they hate money and will ignore internet petitions.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
A petition got Dark Souls on the PC.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spidder posted:

Really? But it's a japanese video game company: they hate money and will ignore internet petitions.
Bandai have been getting a lot better at social media interactions so hopefully they'll notice it

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

seiferguy posted:

Don't forget what else is gonna happen during the tournament of power:

Frost and Freeza gonna team up.

who's frost

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Spidder posted:

They recently said they would port it if fan interest is there since it's not a tech issue that is holding back Dragon Ball Fighterz on the Switch.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Blue Star posted:

super saiyan vegeta knocked him out with one punch, there's no way he's at super saiyan 3 level.

Or given that super doesn't give a gently caress about power level, he could be stronger than beerus by now, who knows!

* Please note that my statement regarding super not giving a gently caress is actually a compliment since power levels are dumb.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Blue Star posted:

The new villain meta is to superfuse with yourself.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I really like freiza, he is just so awesome.

I hope the kill Goku and make this the freiza and vegeta show.

Just the two of them taking over the multiverse as the villains they are.

I like bad guys ok

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

reignofevil posted:

The new villain meta is to superfuse with yourself.

But 17 has to do that, not Freeza.

notaspy posted:

I really like freiza, he is just so awesome.

I hope the kill Goku and make this the freiza and vegeta show.

Just the two of them taking over the multiverse as the villains they are.

I like bad guys ok

Vegeta is not a bad guy, he's a family man and a great dad and protector of the universe.

If you want the bad guy show, you want Vegeta dead and Goku living, not the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Vegeta is not a bad guy, he's a family man and a great dad and protector of the universe.

If you want the bad guy show, you want Vegeta dead and Goku living, not the other way around.

We all know that vegeta is the only real bad man

• Locked thread