Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Points for Tycho's prosthetic nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

How prissy do you have to be that the notion of brushing your teeth at the kitchen sink disgusts you?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is a false alarm.

Working Daze is stuck in the 70's.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix just wanted some peace and quiet.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

:jerkbag:

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

It's 2017, right? This comic is not from the 1970's and for some reason being released now, right?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

CommaToes posted:

It's 2017, right? This comic is not from the 1970's and for some reason being released now, right?

Of course not. You think 1970's racists knew what Kimchi was?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

random Viivi & Wagner

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Strontium posted:

random Viivi & Wagner

Man this is some deep lore.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

How prissy do you have to be that the notion of brushing your teeth at the kitchen sink disgusts you?

Hey that's Toni Daytona and she's tough as nails

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Maybe it would be more ironic if I said she was one tough cookie.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Huh, the most potentially interesting suspect. Not what I was expecting, although this could just be a fakeout.

Tracksuit

These comments aren't related to the posted comic. Not sure why they're in the image this time.

Mother From Another Country

Uh-oh the students are developing independent thought.

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 20, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Loving this obvious fake out. At least they remembered to introduce the new character by name this time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Garfield Classic (June 21, 1985)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 22, 1995)

Garfield Classic (June 22, 1985)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

:iamafag: :master: :iceburn: :laffo: :nattyburn: :owned: :hellyeah: :sbahj: :waycool: :razz:

Mandrake

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm experiencing an ethical struggle between condemning TSA's practices and the prospect that Ed Kudlick gets cavity searched.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
When is Ed Kudlick gonna set his sights on those packages of fricken airline peanuts and how hard they are to open. i wanna see Ed really roast em, really stick it to Big Peanut.

Piranha Club is usually just ugly to look at but its great to see it can also become ugly to read. We might get some dog eating jokes if we're really lucky, and some hot takes about how Kim Jong looks dumb.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The thing that pisses me off the most about when Ed is complaining to someone about whatever it is he's complaining about, is that he's the type of person who doesn't get that the person he's complaining to has nothing to do with what he's bitching about.

The TSA guy has no control over where your luggage goes, Ed. The waiter is required by his job to tell you certain things or ask certain questions, Ed. The person working the register at Starbucks doesn't get to name what the cup sizes are, Ed.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Game night, eh? I think we all know where this is going.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

Loving this obvious fake out. At least they remembered to introduce the new character by name this time.
Gwen introduced herself to the internet guy as "Rose". I'd be extremely surprised if Floyd wasn't also a pseudonym.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I used to think that Funky characters were among the most miserable, determined-to-be-unhappy people on the comics page. But I think Ed Kudlick probably wins by a large margin.

He's the epitome of entitled middle-aged, middle/upper middle class suburbanite.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Kennel posted:

Nancy

Dustin

:iamafag: :master: :iceburn: :laffo: :nattyburn: :owned: :hellyeah: :sbahj: :waycool: :razz:

Sooo much hate, too much hate. I can't handle it! Graaaaaaah

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Zippy

Ripley's

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Eyyy! Thanks for posting Zippy, my man!

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Dream of the Rarebit Fiend Midsummer Day Dreams (click for huge)

And He Did. (September, 1916)

Outbursts of Everett True (December, 1916)

Doings of the Duffs. (October, 1918, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (September, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (September, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (February, 1941)

Archie (February, 1956, click for big)

Tweedy (July, 1956, click for big)

Feiffer (1973, click for big)

Andy Capp (November, 1971, click for big)

Wee Pals (December, 1971, click for big)

Dick Tracy (September, 2001, click for big)

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2001 Spiderman

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tina's Groove is indeed ending.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Aw, that sucks. It was always one of the better strips in this thread. I'm glad that she's found a good opportunity and will continue to work with Rhymes with Orange but yeah, it sucks to see one of the good ones go while the crappy ones live forever.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:smith:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

CommaToes posted:

Aw, that sucks. It was always one of the better strips in this thread. I'm glad that she's found a good opportunity and will continue to work with Rhymes with Orange but yeah, it sucks to see one of the good ones go while the crappy ones live forever.
At least it's better than it dragging on so long it loses its soul? :smith:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Rina Piccolo, three months from now posted:

FAN PRO TIP: You can tell me that you're sad about TINA'S GROOVE being canceled without telling me you think RHYMES WITH ORANGE sucks. #justsayin

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
13 years? It's only been posted in these threads for like 2 iterations of it, no?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't notice yesterday, but Piccolo's name is now in the signature of Rhymes with Orange. Art looks the same though, so maybe she's just writing gags?

Pros and Cons

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Calaveron posted:

13 years? It's only been posted in these threads for like 2 iterations of it, no?
The first strip on the site is from 2005, so yeah, it's been going a while.

On the bright side that means there's a backlog available to post. :v:

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
That joke about Gil up there made me actually go through the Retail archives. I swear that strip reads more like a webcomic than a newspaper strip.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Haifisch posted:

On the bright side that means there's a backlog available to post. :v:

Yes, please!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Got no problem with reruns of Tina's. a real cute and smart comic. Hate to see it go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Haifisch posted:

At least it's better than it dragging on so long it loses its soul? :smith:
This is my take on it. We complain about zombie strips in here all the time, but at one point those strips were popular, funny, and relevant (or at least I assume they were), and their creators/syndicates and fans refused to just let them go when they were well past their prime. I say good for Rina for taking this step.

F Minus

Australian problems.

Mary Worth

I'm hoping for a Mary Worth catfight.

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

• Locked thread