Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When you combine the kind of preference for centrist stand-for-nothing candidates with an insular culture that actively ignores anyone outside of the DC beltway, you get a campaign strategy where motivation-by-fear is the only option they have:

there needs to be a serious struggle session at the dnc and dccc both if ossoff manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Tormp Bad

Vote Ossoff

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why the gently caress are you STILL holding out on us, Maddi?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

When you combine the kind of preference for centrist stand-for-nothing candidates with an insular culture that actively ignores anyone outside of the DC beltway, you get a campaign strategy where motivation-by-fear is the only option they have:

there needs to be a serious struggle session at the dnc and dccc both if ossoff manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

lol 4x matched. if some rich gently caress has that many times more money than me why would I bother donating

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

lol i love these emails

"quick we're a flaming shitshow but we promise if you throw money at us it won't erupt into flames, promise"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

got any sevens posted:

lol 4x matched. if some rich gently caress has that many times more money than me why would I bother donating

I think he was asking for a 4x match

like you know, civ v or vi or stellaris or Shogun 2

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

hi i'm a giant loser who nobody will give money to, please give money to me

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

got any sevens posted:

new game: dem political campaign or public radio fundraiser

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

got any sevens posted:

the matching poo poo in DCCC emails is fake as all hell and in a civilized country they wouldnt be allowed to bullshit people with it at all

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vox Nihili posted:

they wouldnt be allowed to bullshit people with it at all

you do know that's their entire buisness model, right?

i mean, say what you will about scientology, at least they invest in some flashy infrastructure to make themselves seem more influential than they are.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Ossoff is going to lose

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

baddems poo poo all over quist, baddems will poo poo all over bernie for ossoff losing

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonsense posted:

baddems poo poo all over quist, baddems will poo poo all over bernie for ossoff losing

i'd honestly think they'd be even more insufferable if ossoff won.

i mean, i'd hope he'll win, but i'll also wish the fucker deserved it.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

GalacticAcid posted:

Ossoff is going to lose

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

even if ossoff loses it'll still be close and he'll still outperform quist's margin which will be enough evidence to go ahead with the prewritten columns about how he and macron have proved that moderate centrism is the way forward

so ossoff winning be best because it would generate the same takes but also means one less republican

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GalacticAcid posted:

Ossoff is going to lose

his campaign is being run just like hildog's, so let's hope! centrism and lanyards are not going to help the country

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

like if hillary losing didn't prompt any reevaluation or reconsideration of the idea that "trump bad" won't win elections there's zero chance that ossoff losing would

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Main Paineframe posted:

it's funny how literally everyone in politics is bad and dumb and worthless except for you and the other people who have the same job title as you

kind of makes u think

no a lot of people with the same job title as me are pretty bad too

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chairman Sanders has a Three House Plan.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

has this been posted?

https://twitter.com/sen_joemanchin/status/876894881163116544

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress manchin. it's not worth having him as a democrat seeing as how he's a republican in everything but name.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol someone is mad

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I always try and stop myself, as I at times try to see the viewpoint of the other side. For example, would improving healthcare end racism?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Joementum posted:

even the libertarians are mad about his beach house

https://twitter.com/YALiberty/status/876937804051353600
do people not understand that senators have salaries

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
it isn't even a good burn if Bernie was bougie, Marx lived like an aristocrat lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

hell Lenin was an aristocrat

(kinda, turns out school superintendent is a inherited nobility in tsarist russia)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
communism was the very first startup

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lenin was a disrupter, like youtube & twitter he operated in the red

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Jeremy Corbin, another aristocrat

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Man Musk posted:

Jeremy Corbin, another aristocrat

Regicide is a moral good, Sinn Féin +Labour crossover now!

Also make Farage king, then guillotine him.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
What's cool about the GA election is that democrats are so unimaginative and lame that it's a tough call for most people to choose between decent but spineless ideology and straight up death but with balls.

In this example the woman candidatehas more balls than the male candidate

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/876964062437027842

of course it's pretty much exactly the opposite of ossoff's actual plan, which is to go all-in on the rich, older, white "maybe theyre not really republican, maybe theyll find that the answer is actually right here in the middle, w/ me" fantasy demographic

sure, Ossoff has nothing to do with Bernie's political revolution, but I think what Bernie's done is radicalizing people who were already politically interested, not getting people newly engaged.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2017/06/2020-democratic-message

quote:

if only Bernie can carry his economic message, it can’t succeed legislatively anyway. The better test of his effectiveness will be whether every viable aspirant for the Democratic nomination runs on a platform comparable to Sanders’s. Gillibrand’s close alliance with Bernie after the election suggests that this is highly likely.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If Ossoff loses by a lot: we really have to be more conservative if we're gonna win these districts

If Ossoff loses by a little: our strategy of appealing to Republicans on fiscal policies almost worked in a deeply red district, it's a template for 2018

If Ossoff wins: that guy talking about Mao in Panera? he's the base of the Democratic Party now

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

top comment is someone complaining he isn't a member of the party

are these people sure they're not communists? 🤔

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

I'm sympathetic to the argument that party membership should mean something - everybody here is talking up Corbyn while UK Labour costs £2-4 per month in order to be able to vote for the people who eventually themselves decide who the candidate will be - but like we're a long distance from there and here, for better or worse, party membership doesn't mean poo poo

also the only people who say "Bernie's not a Democrat" in tyool 2017 are feckless shitheads who have no strategy going forward but will be relitigating 2016 on their deathbeds

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hi i'm a giant loser who nobody will give money to, please give money to me

hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Joementum posted:

even the libertarians are mad about his beach house

https://twitter.com/YALiberty/status/876937804051353600

the crocodilest of tears

Joementum posted:

They don't actually give a poo poo, not really. If he was someone they agreed with they wouldn't say thing one on the subject. It's just a reason for them to take moral umbrage at his existence that isn't "I personally disagree with his politics."

e: or "I actually agree with his politics but I'm still mad he dared challenge Slay Kween" ofc

loquacius has issued a correction as of 13:10 on Jun 20, 2017

• Locked thread