Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Soooo what's the point of these Excalipoors?

I mean they aren't King Mog-able since we are in a KM event...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

hagie posted:

Soooo what's the point of these Excalipoors?

I mean they aren't King Mog-able since we are in a KM event...

General consensus is just to sell them.

Paranoid option is to hoard them just in case some ultra broken item requires exchanging seemingly useless items from multiple events (this isn't the first)

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I'm pretty happy, I've gotten Tilith and Karl from daily draws - nothing from intentionally trying to get them with tickets, but daily draws seem to be lucky for me. I'd like to get Vargas for nostalgia's sake, but I'm saving the rest of my tickets and lapis for Rikku.

Tilith isn't much good until she's fully powered though, is she?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Bonster posted:

I'm pretty happy, I've gotten Tilith and Karl from daily draws - nothing from intentionally trying to get them with tickets, but daily draws seem to be lucky for me. I'd like to get Vargas for nostalgia's sake, but I'm saving the rest of my tickets and lapis for Rikku.

She seems reasonably solid at 5*, but yeah, her hosed up stuff is high into her 6* levels.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

PaybackJack posted:

So a while back someone was asking about enhancements and which crysts were the worst/most useless. Guard came up as a cryst that isn't particularly useful so I checked the reddit list to see who you could even spend guard crysts on. So here are the unit that can use guard crysts and some analysis. I'm not saying that you should be trying to get guard crysts but rather just looking at where we can spend the ones we get.

You forgot the most important one: Firion

Seriously good awakening for f2p / dolphin min-maxers who lack a good 5* finisher (read: me)

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Bonster posted:

Her 4-star version is decidedly lackluster: Her only ability of note is a single-target status/buff removal. Things start getting good with her 5-star and then go off into broken territory with her 6-star stuff.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I have everything I need to awaken her at 6*, but no friggin' aqua pearls to get her to 5* first. Irritating.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Got Hot Karl'd today for my daily. Could be worse I suppose.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Shingouryu posted:

General consensus is just to sell them.

Paranoid option is to hoard them just in case some ultra broken item requires exchanging seemingly useless items from multiple events (this isn't the first)

Equip them on Gilgamesh so his victory animation is canon.

Vax posted:

You forgot the most important one: Firion

Seriously good awakening for f2p / dolphin min-maxers who lack a good 5* finisher (read: me)

Firion doesn't use Guard crysts for his ability enhancement; he uses Power and Support.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Getting mad at video games here :argh: I haven't pulled an on banner gold crystal since the Bahamut banner. I barely pulled on the Type Zero event so I'll scratch that but I did dailies and a few extra tickets hoping for Grace but failed. Same for trying for Ilias or Amelia and didn't get either. Now I'm twenty tickets into BF's banner and I haven't pulled anybody much less a Tilith. Refia on the other hand just keeps falling from the sky. Screw you too Gumi :argh:

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

hagie posted:

Got Hot Karl'd today for my daily. Could be worse I suppose.

Kinda funny how Seria's TM is super good, hazily BiS for defensive purposes, and Karl is mediocre with a side of " maybe one day they will fix hybrid damage"

( I say Hazily because obviously some fights are going to heavily prioritize just physical or just magic damage)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mile'ionaha posted:

Kinda funny how Seria's TM is super good, hazily BiS for defensive purposes, and Karl is mediocre with a side of " maybe one day they will fix hybrid damage"

( I say Hazily because obviously some fights are going to heavily prioritize just physical or just magic damage)

Between Karl and Shine, his TM was BIS for DPS unless you were lucky to snag a Luneth.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Bonster posted:

I have everything I need to awaken her at 6*, but no friggin' aqua pearls to get her to 5* first. Irritating.

TM farm. I seem to get hundreds of the drat things from earth shrine.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Getting mad at video games here :argh: I haven't pulled an on banner gold crystal since the Bahamut banner. I barely pulled on the Type Zero event so I'll scratch that but I did dailies and a few extra tickets hoping for Grace but failed. Same for trying for Ilias or Amelia and didn't get either. Now I'm twenty tickets into BF's banner and I haven't pulled anybody much less a Tilith. Refia on the other hand just keeps falling from the sky. Screw you too Gumi :argh:

I kind of wish the on-banner rates were higher definitely.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ugh. Big Bridge reminds me of how much I hate Gilgamesh. You can't even OHK him, only take him down to half health, so he can waste time talking.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

There's no reason to replay old events if you beat it already right?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Kheldarn posted:

Ugh. Big Bridge reminds me of how much I hate Gilgamesh. You can't even OHK him, only take him down to half health, so he can waste time talking.

You only need to run the thing 4 times total, I didn't really care if that added another 30 seconds per run.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Tagichatn posted:

Not unless you missed some missions or don't have enough Excalipoors.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

some that didnt have missions got some added for a bit of extra lapis, but otherwise the only other reason is if you want to go do some libra scans of enemies

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There was some reason we kept running the bridge over and over but I can't remember. Was it quick and easy rank experience?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Cartoon Man posted:

There was some reason we kept running the bridge over and over but I can't remember. Was it quick and easy rank experience?

I think it was good for exp at the time.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

pro was 34k exp for 10 NRG if you killed every random encounter, was one of the easier and faster methods of grinding unit exp as long as you had friend partners that could kill pro gilgamesh after.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Do they work on the Halloween guys too? The Monster Hunter and magical summer breeze beach versions?

AFAIK, no.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Welcome to my hell, I'm 50 pulls in. :(

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Scrublord Prime posted:

It was earlier in the thread, but I had a string of about 25 off-banner golds in a row. This occurred over several banners. Eventually the streak was broken, but not before my will was.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007

Ratmtattat posted:

It was earlier in the thread, but I had a string of about 25 off-banner golds in a row. This occurred over several banners. Eventually the streak was broken, but not before my will was.

Daily and the next ticket pull were both Gau today, not to mention I pulled him a week ago. Since the Orlandeau banner 3 months ago, I've become super OCD about tracking all my pulls and it just makes me even more depressed when I make pivot tables and confirm that Gumi hates me:

code:
		Total Pulls	On Banner
3 Star		206   81.7%	45   17.9%
4 Star 		 46   18.3%	 8    3.2%
5 Star		  0    0.0%	 0    0.0%

Units		# pulled
Ovelia		10
Lawrence	9
Aiden		8
Hayate		7
Kefka		7
Penelo		6
Refia		6
Alma		6
Vaan		5
Firion		5
Gau		5
Guy		5
Arc		5
Tellah		5

96 were daily pulls (including the 10 free from May), the rest were tickets. Ugh at this point, I just feel like I'm feeding some sort of gacha addiction even though I know I'm never pulling anything better lukewarm garbage and months worth of TMs :argh: It's getting harder and harder to complete the more advanced trials :\

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
drat hope your luck improves

have you tried pulling at different times of the day

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007

Cry Havoc posted:

Today's Gau's were pulled 14 hours apart! Generally I try to do the daily either before I leave for work or by lunch time, tickets definitely at different times of the day. I think I'm just gonna save the rest of my stash for the FF10 banner and see how that goes :(

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I thought about tracking pulls a while back, then realized I'd probably throw my phone out a window if I knew the actual numbers.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I just want all of you to know that FFBE is the top grossing iOS app in Japan right now.

That's a lot of Bediles. :v:

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Cry Havoc posted:

Wha? time of day?

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 20, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Varance posted:

I just want all of you to know that FFBE is the top grossing iOS app in Japan right now.

All they had to do was release a completely and utterly broken character that everyone needs! I'm sure this realization will lead to great things, right?

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Theoretically, how viable would Lasswell be with his exclusive equipment, Fryevia's TM, and other best in slot stuff? I'm assuming not as good anyone else with that much stuff.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ubiquitus posted:

Wha? time of day?

Most RNG seeds use the time() as part of their calculation. It's still RNG gonna RNG, so it won't actually help.

Does anyone have a BiS (or near) Enhanced Elza yet? I wanna nab the two Echidna summon tickets without hassle. :(

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Varance posted:

Fina is a confirmed Draw.

Im wondering about the past weeks, and see how they ranked and faired.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Oh boy, summer units. Sigh. And it's probably replacing BF for dailies, so my chances to get Tilith drop even more.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
But if you summon a lot you can get lots of moogles for TMs you don't want!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Mile'ionaha posted:

Looking at all my Karls and 0 Serias, man do I hate him now.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

HGH posted:

Looking at all my Karls and 0 Serias, man do I hate him now.

Back in the day, NO one wanted Seria, Karl was a TM prize because we had no +30% ATKs.

Now the situation is completely reversed, funny what power creep can do to a metashift.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
JP Update: Here's comes Picto and Best Dragoon. Dudebro's sister gets an upgrade to 6*.

Varance fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jun 20, 2017

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
So, we're not getting 6* WoL or Rikku this month? Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gonna stop even doing dailies for these banners. They suck.

• Locked thread