Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
*presses the emergency pedophile button*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
His dick may be small but at least he's not a 38 year old childless woman.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Haifisch posted:

He stood at the end of the bar staring at me for 30 minutes swishing his beer back and fourth between his teeth.

what in the hell

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I don't really care if my SO makes jokes about my dick. Either they don't mean it or they do and I can't fix it. The correct burn to escalate the situation is to insult the smell of your SO's crotch and say that's may worse becuase they can actually do something about it. Boom, you're now single and nobody is talking about your dick any more, but instead what a jerk you are.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

Appropriate to ask out hiring manager? (self.dating_advice)

Also, on a COMPLETELY UNRELATED NOTE, the Redditor's username includes the phrase "Italian Stallion"

Lol I was in this boat like ten years ago. Protip buddy hiring managers are nice to you the same way strippers are, so you don't question why you're getting paid half of what you should for whatever job you wind up at so the agency can pocket the other half.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

t was just non-stop bing bing bing during the meal and while we were having a conversation before. He was responding to everything so he was glued to his phone the whole time. 

Sever.

quote:

He always blasts the music in his car with the windows down. I can understand jamming out like that when you're on the open road, but he does this in neighborhoods too. 

:murder:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

Well this guy might be available for her soon:
My [23F] boyfriend's [25M] bad manners are starting to embarrass me. What can I do?

This man is the little devil on my shoulder.

Unfortunately, the angel is drunk most of the time.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I [21F] didn't wear the dress my boyfriend [25M] picked out for me to a friend's wedding...and he's mad.

quote:

Bf and I dating for basically 4 years. Yesterday was a friend's wedding. We went to the ceremony together but went separately to the evening reception later on. 2 weeks ago, he had bought me a beautiful rose coloured dress from an expensive store. This was a surprise to me but I tried it on anyways. It fit me well, but the problem is that it looked too stuffy and old fashioned for a summer wedding reception. It had 3/4 length sleeves, a high neckline, and was long. It looked like something straight out of the 1920s.
Anyways, I told my boyfriend that it was nice of him to buy me this dress but I don't think it would be appropriate for this wedding. I told him I'd wear it to our other friend's wedding in the winter. He was like, "No, I think you should wear it to this wedding". He was being stubborn about it but I brushed it aside after a while.
We went separately to the evening reception last night. I was about to wear the dress he bought for me, but decided against it last second after seeing pictures of the dresses other ladies would be wearing. I wore a lighter and shorter dress which was still appropriate.
When my BF saw me at the reception, he looked surprised but didn't let it show. Then, he pulled me aside and asked me why I hadn't worn the dress he bought for me. I explained to him that it was not suitable for the warm weather. He was angry and said that I had wasted his money. I promised him I'd wear it to the winter wedding, but he cut me off abruptly and was in a bad mood (towards me) for most of the night.
He was polite and talkative towards other guests during the reception, but rather cold towards me. I caught him frowning when one friend complimented my dress.
At the end of the night when we went home together, he seemed to have gotten over the issue but it was likely because he was tired. This morning he brought it up again and we got into a small argument. He said that he felt hurt by my refusal to wear the dress he picked out for me for this occasion.
My BF sometimes buys clothes for me, and this is one of the rare times when he's missed the mark. I don't know if his behaviour last night was normal or indicative of something bigger. I didn't appreciate how he gave me the cold shoulder over something so petty (at least to me). It must have made the other guests wonder. What should I say to him?
TL;DR: Bf picked out a dress for me, but I told him I didn't like it and ended up not wearing it to a friends wedding. He was angry at me all night and I'm frustrated at him for making such a big deal over it.

Why does he care so much about a dang dress? :cmon:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I [21F] didn't wear the dress my boyfriend [25M] picked out for me to a friend's wedding...and he's mad.

Why does she care so much about the dress? Her BF tried to do a nice thing and she's like, "haha, this is mildly less appropriate than another option so eat a turd."

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
And before all you internet white knights come tilting down the festival track with your dicks at full ready, I'm just pointing out that its just a matter of perspective and they're both just barely missing the mark.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

blarzgh posted:

And before all you internet white knights come tilting down the festival track with your dicks at full ready, I'm just pointing out that its just a matter of perspective and they're both just barely missing the mark.

Your first post was fine. This is the one that makes you look like an rear end in a top hat dipshit.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Don't buy people expensive poo poo without consulting them if it's gonna bother you when they don't use it, they're not Barbies; assume other people are gonna throw a little snit if they bought you something expensive and you reject it

A girl (18/19?) from school asked me (18M) to go to an Halloween party with her. I'm short (5'4) and she is a head taller than me and I have no idea why she would randomly ask me out

quote:

I swear I am not making this up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Congrats on scoring a date with Diana, steve.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Small embroidery along the hem of the dress:
"Berth ell pup"

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Just posting the title on this one because the dude who posted it is such a gross rear end in a top hat and it's too painful to read.

I'm [26M] not sure how to let down this girl [25F] with "autistic symptoms" I've been seeing

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
One of my [19 M] closest friends [17 F] wants to get pregnant with her boyfriend [16 M] of 1 year. Is it any of my business to try and stop her from making this decision?

quote:

I've been friends with this girl named Maria for about 4 years (since high school). Neither of us really talk to anyone outside our 4 person friend circle, so we're pretty close. She has some pretty severe mental health issues and has attempted suicide in the past, the most recent attempt was somewhere around 6 or 7 moths ago. This has put some strain on the relationship with her mother, but recently it's been improving. She's been dating this guy Chris for about a year, and they have sex pretty regularly. They've had a pretty stable relationship except for the fact that Chris' parents don't like her very much.

Recently, however, Maria has decided that she wants to have a child. Keep in mind that she hasn't graduated high school, hasn't moved out, doesn't even have legal united states citizenship. She plans to conceive during her next ovulation cycle in 2 weeks, which would mean she would have the baby during her senior year. She has a full time (36-40hrs) job but it's minimum wage and a small business that won't offer maternity leave. She cites a dream about a burning bush in her womb as a sign that God wants her to have a baby. She's been accidentally pregnant before and miscarried, but this time she says she sees signs "all over" that she should have a child.

In my opinion she seems extremely unprepared for raising a child. Every piece of evidence that i bring up she refutes by saying that she's "ok with it" but i don't think she truly understands the commitment. She's done the financial math and apparently thinks it could work. Her boyfriend is on board with this as well, but it just seems extremely unlikely to actually work. I'll support her in any way that i can no matter what choice she makes, but this seems extremely self destructive (and destructive toward the life of the future child) and I feel like i should be more active in preventing her instead of being an enabler.

On the other hand she claims that this is the only thing that could make her happy, and that she's convinced she is going to die young and that this is the only thing that can bring her happiness in her short life. Is it my friends and my responsibility to intervene in this in the same way that one intervenes in a suicide attempt or should i let her choose what she wants to do because it is her body and her life?

tl;dr: My 17 year old friend wants to have a baby with no house, diploma, or legal citizenship because of a dream she had. Should i try and stop her or respect her ability to make her own choices?

Depoprovera dart gun. Stat.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this thread is made for stories of terrible gross assholes, :justpost:

I need to know why autistic symptoms is in scare quotes

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

A girl (18/19?) from school asked me (18M) to go to an Halloween party with her. I'm short (5'4) and she is a head taller than me and I have no idea why she would randomly ask me out

Isn't this how 90% of horror stories in the 80S started?

Should definitely check with local butchers to see if anyone's bought large volumes of pig's blood recently.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
One of my [19 M] closest friends [17 F] wants to get pregnant with her boyfriend [16 M] of 1 year. Is it any of my business to try and stop her from making this decision?

quote:

I've been friends with this girl named Maria for about 4 years (since high school). Neither of us really talk to anyone outside our 4 person friend circle, so we're pretty close. She has some pretty severe mental health issues and has attempted suicide in the past, the most recent attempt was somewhere around 6 or 7 months ago. This has put some strain on the relationship with her mother, but recently it's been improving. She's been dating this guy Chris for about a year, and they have sex pretty regularly. They've had a pretty stable relationship except for the fact that Chris' parents don't like her very much.

Recently, however, Maria has decided that she wants to have a child. Keep in mind that she hasn't graduated high school, hasn't moved out, doesn't even have legal united states citizenship. She plans to conceive during her next ovulation cycle in 2 weeks, which would mean she would have the baby during her senior year. She has a full time (36-40hrs) job but it's minimum wage and a small business that won't offer maternity leave. She cites a dream about a burning bush in her womb as a sign that God wants her to have a baby. She's been accidentally pregnant before and miscarried, but this time she says she sees signs "all over" that she should have a child.

In my opinion she seems extremely unprepared for raising a child. Every piece of evidence that i bring up she refutes by saying that she's "ok with it" but i don't think she truly understands the commitment. She's done the financial math and apparently thinks it could work. Her boyfriend is on board with this as well, but it just seems extremely unlikely to actually work. I'll support her in any way that i can no matter what choice she makes, but this seems extremely self destructive (and destructive toward the life of the future child) and I feel like i should be more active in preventing her instead of being an enabler.

On the other hand she claims that this is the only thing that could make her happy, and that she's convinced she is going to die young and that this is the only thing that can bring her happiness in her short life. Is it my friends and my responsibility to intervene in this in the same way that one intervenes in a suicide attempt or should i let her choose what she wants to do because it is her body and her life?

tl;dr: My 17 year old friend wants to have a baby with no house, diploma, or legal citizenship because of a dream she had. Should i try and stop her or respect her ability to make her own choices?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

the bitcoin of weed posted:

this thread is made for stories of terrible gross assholes, :justpost:

I need to know why autistic symptoms is in scare quotes

Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you. :catstare:

I'm [26M] not sure how to let down this girl [25F] with "autistic symptoms" I've been seeing

quote:

TL;DR: Ran into a girl who turned out to have major difficulties being social/intimate. She appears to like me because no one else has really taken their time to get to know her and now I don't know if I can continue seeing her seeing as I don't feel fulfilled or don't see the opportunity to get my needs met in the near future.
A week ago or so I was offered an apartment from this housing association, that have had me on their waiting list and was told to call the current occupier and arrange a date to see the place before i accepted it. So I did.
She showed me around and I thought about asking her her out due to similar interests and how shy/introverted she appeared but I deemed it too inappropriate due to the circumstances. Thought about it for a while when I got home and said gently caress it and just sent her a text asking if she wanted to go for a cup of coffee or maybe a walk. She rejected me. Told me she wasn't interested. I told her it was alright and that she had my number should she change her mind. 3 days later she did.
I ended up meeting her on Saturday and things went kind of great except the fact that I had to pull everything out of her. Turns out that she had previously been misdiagnosed with schizophrenia but now the doctors had told her that it instead was her "autistic symptoms" that had lead them to believe that. She says autistic symptoms because it's apparently not severe enough for her to get the official diagnose.
We end up at her place and I talk and she listens and sometimes she asks "and you?" whenever I ask her something. Not much happens that night and before I leave I tell her she can ask me anything she likes over text if that would make it easier for her. Leaving her place I didn't think it was gonna go anywhere from there seeing as she was impossible to read.
Some time later she messages me if I'd be interested in seeing her again or if I was "scared away". I told her I don't scare that easily and we arrange a new date(Monday). In hindsight I probably shouldn't have said that.
Now before I continue I want to say that my motivation for seeing her again were genuine. I wanted to see if she had become more comfortable around me to see a noticeable change, so I could then evaluate whether or not it would be worth my time and energy.
Come Monday, we meet at her place again and put on a movie. It starts to hit me that she isn't just overtly shy/introverted and there probably is something to these autistic symptoms. There was 0 initiative whenever I tried to get closer to her. After the movie is done I put on some music and we try to talk. I try to talk about some embarrassing experiences I've had to try to make her more comfortable, it kind of works. At some point I ask her why she wrote me back or why it is that she likes me. She said "Because you're nice. Because you're patient with me." I don't think she realized how impersonal those reasons were. They could be applied to anyone.
In the end I just said that "seeing as you appear to have a hard time taking initiative, I'm gonna act on my instincts and you tell me when I've gone too far" she agreed. We, or rather I, kiss and afterward take it into the bedroom. The closer we get to the most intimate part the more I realize that sex was probably the furthest removed concept in her life. Just before we end up having sex she tells me to be careful because she had just(1½ months ago) had her uterus removed due to cancer, I was kind of dumbfounded and didn't really know what to do, so I proceeded with caution.
When we're done she tells me she has some stomach pains and I tell her that it's normal when it's your first time. I get her some painkillers and we lie down together and I try to care for her. The pain subsides a bit but then grows in strength. Because she was so hard to read it was impossible for me to judge how much pain she was in. The pain fluctuated for 2 hours and she feared that the stitches from her operation might have become undone. I ask her if we should go to the emergency room and she said that it'd probably be a good idea.
Waiting for the cab I told her that she probably regretted having texted me back, she let out the biggest smile and said no.
The doctor felt around her stomach for the pain and concluded that there wasn't much that could be done at this hour. Apparently gynecologists don't do night shifts. She recommended that she go see her own doctor at 9 which was 4 hours away and that we should just try to ease the pain with a heating pad/pillow.
We get back to her apartment block and she tells me that I can just go home if I like. I tell her not before I make sure she gets some soup (she didn't have a heating pad so I figured it was the next best thing). I get her the soup, makes sure she finishes it and clean up the dishes and whatever mess we had made before I leave. I thank her for an interesting night and ask her to keep me updated. She apologizes for the whole thing and I said that it was just as much my fault.
Now before I get to my question I need to let you know that, for the longest time, I used to be the type of person who sets themselves on fire to keep others warm. I've only recently started working on changing that and focusing on my own needs.
So my questions are: a)How do I either continue seeing her and try to help her overcome her difficulties? b)Let her know that my needs are not being met and I don't feel like it'll work, without crushing her desire to open herself up to someone else in the future?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Two posts up bub. But seriously this is a Very Special Episode of Dateline in the making.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

every bit of this is insane, that's good content

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Just posting the title on this one because the dude who posted it is such a gross rear end in a top hat and it's too painful to read.

i tried to look for this and it is apparently not there anymore :(

edit: never mind :catstare:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Don't buy people expensive poo poo without consulting them if it's gonna bother you when they don't use it, they're not Barbies; assume other people are gonna throw a little snit if they bought you something expensive and you reject it

there was a good update at least.

TL;DR: I called her. We went to the Halloween party and had a blast and have been together ever since. Saturday was 8 months to the day since she gave me her number and asked me out. I have so much more confidence now.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Well I read that one and it was worse than the title could communicate. I have no doubt he posted this just to humblebrag about how nice he is for loving a girl with autism.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
honestly he seems like the autistic one after reading that story

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

First time Ive heard of a burning bush leading people into slavery.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

La Brea Carpet posted:

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I enjoyed comparing what you each chose to highlight.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

gently caress man, this just sucks.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

They started dating when he was 21 and she was 16.

Also he doesn't like her dress because it's "too revealing."

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Modus Pwnens posted:

Hes very normal

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

YeahTubaMike posted:

honestly he seems like the autistic one after reading that story

it sounds like they met at a housing association for disabled people so im p. sure that's what's going on

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Modus Pwnens posted:

I for one am shocked that a legal adult who started dating a high school sophomore would be really controlling and get upset when that their younger girlfriend made her own decision.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

putrid aidsman posted:

it sounds like they met at a housing association for disabled people so im p. sure that's what's going on

I hadn't thought of that but it makes perfect sense.

And from personal experience and the experience of a few of my friends, if you've still got stitches in from lady part surgery DON'T gently caress.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Larry Parrish posted:

Hes very normal

:allears:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Bamabalacha posted:

I hadn't thought of that but it makes perfect sense.

And from personal experience and the experience of a few of my friends, if you've still got stitches in from lady part surgery DON'T gently caress.

Also maybe reconsider having sex with a woman who had her uterus removed if she's unsure about doing it. Jesus loving Christ that story is so gross and terrible... :negative:

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 20, 2017

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have gone through with it upon learning that. At the very least, he could have tried: "Hey, maybe let's do other things. I wouldn't want to risk your health."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My bf (19M)'s dad (40sM) was a skinhead. I (19F) don't think I can deal with that.

quote:

I've known my bf since primary school, and we've always been quite good friends, but last year we were just spending alot of time together and enjoying each others company alot and he asked me out. And it's been great. He's a very hot guy, but a very sweet person, not like most guys our age who are only intrested in sex and drinking and football (or, soccer, whatever you call it).

So, here's basically the issue - My bf is white, northern-English working class. I'm Pakistani-descended (my father was born in Pakistan and came to England at barely a year old and my mum was born in England to Pakistani immigrants). Us being an interracial couple isn't the issue. Both our families (or, mine at least. I'll be honest, I'm struggling to believe what I thought I knew surrounding his family anymore) were cool with it. So long as we were happy with each other, they were happy.

Last week, I was over at his house, and was talking to his mum. She had some old photo albums, and I was actually having a good time laughing at my bf's baby pics and having the people of his family pointed out to me. It was nice. A really sweet moment. Then we began to come across pictures of his dad as a young man, maybe about the age my bf is now.

In every picture, he had a completely shaven head, heavy boots, combat trousers, a bomber jacket. All the other people in the pics were the same, except the girls. The Union Flag (it's not called the Union Jack unless it's on a ship - fun fact for you) was present in alot of pictures. Alot of giving a camera the finger, drinking beer, posing tough with mates. In one, I could even see a guy giving a Nazi salute. His mum tried to brush over this as "when he shaved his head, the idiot" but there's no two ways about this - he was a skinhead.

This hurt. Alot of my family members have horrible stories of being bullied and targetted by skinheads. They were horrid, nasty people. And my bf's dad, whom I've met and like (seriously, he just seemed like a nice, normal guy), being one of them stings in a way I wouldn't think it would've.

I've spoken to my bf about this. He says he hasn't looked at those photos, some he'd never seen, in ages, and only now realises what they mean. He says his dad was young and stupid, and got suckered in by all his mates doing it. He says he'd never been raised to be a racist. He's close to his dad, I know, so I think he's in a bit of denial here.

I'm stung. I don't even know why I'm so stung. I really think this might be a dealbreaker for me, and I'm struggling to be the same around my bf because of this. I'm strongly considering breaking up what was, until now, an amazing relationship because of this.

Should this be a dealbreaker? Am I overreacting to something that I know is complete outwith my bf's control? Has anyone had any similar experiences? Honestly, I'd love someone to try and explain how I'm feeling right now. Any advice is appreciated.

Tldr - Bf's dad was a skinhead, I (Pakistani-descended) am considering breaking up because of this. Confused and looking for advice.

All the Reddit comments are like "just because he was a skinhead doesn't necessarily mean he was a racist."

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

fruit on the bottom posted:

My bf (19M)'s dad (40sM) was a skinhead. I (19F) don't think I can deal with that.

All the Reddit comments are like "just because he was a skinhead doesn't necessarily mean he was a racist."

tag yourself I'm the one calling her "uppity"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

fruit on the bottom posted:

The dad was def racist but that doesn't mean he couldn't grow out of it and not raise the kid to be racist