Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Newt Gingrich says that the president can't be guilty of obstruction of justice. Guess what one of the charges was when Gingrich led the impeachment of Bill Clinton?

(also, drat, that is some caricature of Calista.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

QC is STILL being made!?! :stare:

The sun hasn't burned out yet, so

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

Friends, I'm starting to feel a touch of pity for Australians.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

Friends, I'm starting to feel a touch of pity for Australians.

Meh.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

A friend of mine from high school emigrated to Australia after meeting a woman from there via an online dating site like fifteen years ago. They've been married ever since, and he had a late-night show for a while and also wrestled professionally there. I do feel some sympathy that his adopted government is so lovely.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Paper towel roll USS Escherprise is bothering me more than it should.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

surely there's got to be a better metaphor than this

for instance, if birds made some kind of structure where they take captured prey to feed upon

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

surely there's got to be a better metaphor than this

for instance, if birds made some kind of structure where they take captured prey to feed upon
...do they? Maybe I'm forgetting something really obvious.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Have you never heard of a crow's hovel, fuckhead?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

here are some eagles eating a dead cat in their nest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vFeJgo1XYA

why, the political implications just write themselves!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Don't birds only feed their young at their nests, and food for themselves is eaten where its caught?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

How do we announce the London Terrorists name? "Al-Semeeth?"

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Fulchrum posted:

Don't birds only feed their young at their nests, and food for themselves is eaten where its caught?

90s kids tv eh

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Expose from Wired on Garrison

Spoiler: he's poo poo

https://www.wired.com/story/ben-garrison-alt-right-cartoonist

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
"Lots of people had that stupid idea. In fact that was the justification for the most brutal calamities in history, like the crusades or the inquisition" "But it's real now! Some brown man killed a person."
Disregarding the internal idiocy which is the American government, we live in the most peaceful period of time since the very beginning.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 20, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

"...and continue to enjoy our poo poo That Didn't Happen Marathon. All day every day, only on Tinsley."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jerusalem posted:

QC is STILL being made!?! :stare:

Schlock Mercenary is still being made. Hasn't missed an update in 17 years, either.

I was still working in IT when that one came to my notice, and so was Howard Tayler. It was quite funny to be reading a webcomic by a guy after spending a day surrounded by his technical manuals.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

gently caress I despise Prickly City.

At least :tinsley: deserves some credit for not mincing words about his terrible ideology.

Bam, he's just openly corrupt and doesn't pretend to be anything except an enemy of democracy. Voter ID keeps Democrats from voting, that's why we do it, and gently caress you anything goes as long as we win.

If Prickly City handled voter ID, Stantis would draw 10 strips portraying Democrats as sooooo crazy and hysterical with all this yelling that voter ID is racist disenfranchisement of voters. And then another real GOP politician would say on camera again "yeah this law keeps black folks from voting because they're Democrats, and that's how we will win", and Stantis would draw a really sad cartoon of that guy as a skunk or a warthog or something and be all "oh gosh both sides are soooo terrible and equally bad, why can't they be above it all like little ol' me, if only Democrats hadn't created this voter ID problem in the first place by being so mean about it"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VitalSigns posted:

At least :tinsley: deserves some credit for not mincing words about his terrible ideology.

Bam, he's just openly corrupt and doesn't pretend to be anything except an enemy of democracy. Voter ID keeps Democrats from voting, that's why we do it, and gently caress you anything goes as long as we win.

If Prickly City handled voter ID, Stantis would draw 10 strips portraying Democrats as sooooo crazy and hysterical with all this yelling that voter ID is racist disenfranchisement of voters. And then another real GOP politician would say on camera again "yeah this law keeps black folks from voting because they're Democrats, and that's how we will win", and Stantis would draw a really sad cartoon of that guy as a skunk or a warthog or something and be all "oh gosh both sides are soooo terrible and equally bad, why can't they be above it all like little ol' me, if only Democrats hadn't created this voter ID problem in the first place by being so mean about it"

Agreed.

If Trump ever succeeds in getting himself removed from office, you can guaran-loving-tee that the second Pence puts his hand on the Bible, all of this "Both sides are equally wrong!" will rocket out the loving window, and it'll be back to "Only Democrats are bad, why can't they be reasonable like our guy?"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

VitalSigns posted:

I think you're misinterpreting what Tinsley's trying to say in that cartoon because voter ID is one of those issues where conservatives and liberals talk past each other. GOP leadership knows exactly what it's doing by pushing voter ID laws, but to the typical conservative, the idea of voter ID preventing legitimate voters from voting doesn't even enter into the equation. The idea behind this comic, and the belief that most conservatives have, is that Democrats benefit massively from voter fraud and Democrats only oppose voter ID because illegal immigrants vote for them by the millions. If you say to a conservative that voter ID laws disproportionately affect minorities, they'll say "no poo poo, illegals are the problem that voter ID is trying to solve." If you say to a conservative that voter ID laws prevent disproportionately large numbers of younger and poorer people who are otherwise legitimate voters from voting, they'll say "if you don't know or care enough to do a little research and jump through a few minor bureaucratic hoops, then you're too dumb to pick our leaders."

Basically they live in a fantasy world where voter fraud is rampant and getting an ID is so easy that you have no excuse for not having one.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Extroverts never fail to be snobby pricks.png

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Xyklon Ben Garrison posted:

And they can’t get a girlfriend because the feminist movement has gotten to such proportions that it's impossible for a man to have a relationship.
Ha ha ha holy poo poo, this is from a ways back but gently caress, man. Wow. What a loving statement.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Vib Rib posted:

Ha ha ha holy poo poo, this is from a ways back but gently caress, man. Wow. What a loving statement.

You think that's uncommon? I hear that poo poo at work from both 18 and 30 year olds.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It is the far off year 2017 and heterosexual relationships have gone extinct.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Vib Rib posted:

It is the far off year 2017 and heterosexual relationships have gone extinct.

Gooooood.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pakled posted:

If you say to a conservative that voter ID laws prevent disproportionately large numbers of younger and poorer people who are otherwise legitimate voters from voting, they'll say "if you don't know or care enough to do a little research and jump through a few minor bureaucratic hoops, then you're too dumb to pick our leaders."
Yes that's exactly what conservatives say. And it's an open admission that suppressing votes is the goal, or at the very least desirable.

Pretend-independents like Stantis would never admit this though even to themselves. He would say that Democrats are just making it up, they're being hysterical, it can't be as difficult as all that I mean I have an ID how hard could it be, and just dismiss all evidence as politically opportunistic liberal lies. And then when someone like Tinsley breaks kayfabe and says "good we don't want them voting" he'd be all "ugh both sides both sides, why can't Democrats stop accusing Republicans of voter suppression, and why can't Republicans stop confirming they want voter suppression, and then we can all get along and agree Republican voter ID laws are fine as they are and don't need to be changed because they don't suppress anybody".

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
What's Stantis' game anyways? Where does the transparently thin facade of centrism even get him? It can't possibly fool anyone, does it just give him a shithuffing sense of moral superiority?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

https://twitter.com/TitusSardonicus/status/876809152735084544

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

VitalSigns posted:

Yes that's exactly what conservatives say. And it's an open admission that suppressing votes is the goal, or at the very least desirable.

Pretend-independents like Stantis would never admit this though even to themselves. He would say that Democrats are just making it up, they're being hysterical, it can't be as difficult as all that I mean I have an ID how hard could it be, and just dismiss all evidence as politically opportunistic liberal lies. And then when someone like Tinsley breaks kayfabe and says "good we don't want them voting" he'd be all "ugh both sides both sides, why can't Democrats stop accusing Republicans of voter suppression, and why can't Republicans stop confirming they want voter suppression, and then we can all get along and agree Republican voter ID laws are fine as they are and don't need to be changed because they don't suppress anybody".

Mark my words if Stantis ever comments on the topic it will be "Well democrats gerrymander!"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Xen Tricks posted:

What's Stantis' game anyways? Where does the transparently thin facade of centrism even get him? It can't possibly fool anyone, does it just give him a shithuffing sense of moral superiority?

Dodging moral responsibility for voting in bigots and crooks as long as they cut his taxes.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Has Stantis ever bring up who he votes for?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ularg posted:

Has Stantis ever bring up who he votes for?

Considering he did a lot of strips about how super cool Gary Johnson is I think we can draw a conclusion..

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Alhazred posted:

Considering he did a lot of strips about how super cool Gary Johnson is I think we can draw a conclusion..

He's not very smart?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

This is ripe for a 9/11 edit.

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 20, 2017

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Dees edited his latest work for whatever reason. I guess the UN is a bigger threat than Matrix Soros, though he accidentally left some code in the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Now it works even better as a "refugees in a zombie apocalypse USA"

• Locked thread