Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I hate cherries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Neurion posted:

Isn't the president telling people how to vote very illegal?

no. idiot

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Vote for me!

*president is led out of white house in handcuffs*

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

nooneofconsequence posted:

I hate cherries.

A few years ago, we went on a big family trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. My fiancee and myself, my brother and his then-fiancee, and my parents. We went to a tourist trap distillery, Ol Smoky Mountain Distillery, to look at their moonshine. They had moonshine cherries, and my brother's fiancee was like "oh you should try them and tell me if they're good. I'm afraid to try it."

I explained I hate cherries so I wouldn't be a good judge, but she refused to try it so I got one. It was gross (because I hate cherries) and she asked how it was. "Well I still think cherries are gross so it was awful" and she got mad at me.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

It's more like if the President endorses someone publicly and they lose badly then the President wasted some of their 'political capital' on making themselves look like a stupid idiot.

Of course, with this President lol

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
RIP EPA

The Trump administration has canceled the 2017 meetings of the Board of Scientific Counselors — a key advisory committee to the Environmental Protection Agency — and will not renew members whose terms are expiring this year, according to an internal EPA email obtained by Mic.

Bob Kavlock, acting assistant administrator for the EPA's Office of Research and Development, announced the BOSC "schedule and membership" changes to members in an email sent on Friday evening.

"ORD has now received confirmation that those members who expire in August will not be renewed," Kavlock wrote.

https://mic.com/articles/180350/trump-administration-will-not-renew-key-epa-advisors-and-cancel-2017-meetings-in-agency-shakeup#.lAzaytxac

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Trump. Big dummy, or biggest dummy ever?

Skoora
Sep 29, 2009

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Punk is dead, buddy.

BIG A LITTLE A BOUNCING B THE SYSTEM MAY HAVE GOT YOU BUT IT WON'T GET ME

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

NO PLAN! OBSTRUCT!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Neukoln19 posted:

Trump. Big dummy, or biggest dummy ever?

why not both?

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Trump would be a lot more likable, and easier to understand, if he delivered his speeches while dunking his head in a toilet and flushing.

Skoora
Sep 29, 2009
RIP Spicey

burning swine
May 26, 2004

We

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Pick the new Press Secretary.

I'm going with Kellyanne Conway.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

:same:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Three pugs in US flag sweaters

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

:pray:

but its gonna be that sarah "huck" huckabee

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

sean hannity

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

my new dog posted:

"To make sure I start off on the right foot with the press, I want to be clear I'm not the dog murdering Huckabee"

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down

Skypie posted:

"To make sure I start off on the right foot with the press, I want to be clear I'm not the dog murdering Huckabee"

Well, not the one that got caught anyway

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Neurion posted:

Isn't the president telling people how to vote very illegal?

this is what party line democrats actually believe

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

nigga crab pollock posted:

this is what party line democrats actually believe

Normally, like, I think people coming in here to be like "hurf durf look what Dems believe" are stupid, and I still think your gimmick is dumb

that said, y'all are fuckin dumb as hell. Did you forget President Obama saying "vote for Hillary, folks" or something, thread?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

AkumaHokoru posted:

It certainly does violate ethics rules if not a law.

What do you guys think Obama was doing during the last months of his presidency?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
whats my gimmick supposed to be

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

nigga crab pollock posted:

whats my gimmick supposed to be

being beautiful :kiddo:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

FisheyStix posted:

being beautiful :kiddo:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

nooneofconsequence posted:

Vote for me!

*president is led out of white house in handcuffs*

I will never understand American elections.
Like, they have no monarchy yet people act like it's some contested ascension to the throne.

EDIT: Or maybe it's just me not giving a poo poo about Norwegian politics so I just assume people care more about the issues than which person with weird hair they pick.
Because I've seen similar patterns in French and English elections...

Avirosb fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jun 20, 2017

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Avirosb posted:

Like, they have no monarchy yet people act like it's some contested ascension to the throne.

EDIT: Or maybe it's just me not giving a poo poo about Norwegian politics so I just assume people care more about the issues than which person with weird hair they pick.

That's because you live in a first world country with a population to match.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
guys, I can't understand why becoming by far the most powerful person in the world is sort of like becoming a king :confused:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Avirosb posted:

All those weird FPTP countries are, by modern standards, barely democratic. French election was the perfect illustration of how hosed up the whole idea is. A party/platform that only got something like 30% of the votes and an even more miniscule fraction of support in the general population was awarded something like 70% off all seats in parliament and can do whatever it wants now. How does that make any sense? Same poo poo goes for the US with their party primaries and caucuses and superdelegates, etc.

I mean, I get that the US and Britain were early prototypes of democratic systems and then just never managed to reform them, but France is really inexcusable. WTF France?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Teikanmi posted:

guys, I can't understand why becoming by far the most powerful person in the world is sort of like becoming a king :confused:

Being a king today is sort of different from what it used to be like.
Check and balances and all that.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The scariest part about Spicy's "promotion" is that it may mean Trump just won't have press briefings...? The CNN correspondent was so frustrated on air, almost like he wondered if he still has a job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ6QAAFYmJ0

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The scariest part about Spicy's "promotion" is that it may mean Trump just won't have press briefings...? The CNN correspondent was so frustrated on air, almost like he wondered if he still has a job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ6QAAFYmJ0

How can anyone know this attack on one of the most important avenues of free speech (the real kind) in a democracy is happening and think "this is fine"? Whether or not you think the sun shines out of Trump's arsehole how can you be ok with at least this aspect of his presidency? (edit: whoops, lol)

nockturne fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jun 20, 2017

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

nockturne posted:

How can anyone know this attack on one of the most important avenues of free speech (the real kind) in a democracy is happening and think "this is fine"? Whether or not you think the sun shines out of Trump's arsehole how can you be ok with at least this aspect of his presidency? (edit: whoops, lol)

Why would you need press briefings when the president's tweets speak for themselves?

e: also lol at the comments on that cnn clip

bloom fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jun 20, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

my new dog posted:

Miller would be the funniest option

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Solvalou posted:

Over 30.000

don't do this.

that only 50 percent think easy D deserves an F is further proof ceos are useless lmao

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
ossoff gonna win this thing today or what

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Pawn 17 posted:

What do you guys think Obama was doing during the last months of his presidency?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

do u know jenny posted:

ossoff gonna win this thing today or what

Hopefully, because easy d is losing his poo poo about the election on Twitter rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/877104262463008771