Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
IIRC that same account did this at least a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Vanillaware's latest game, 13 Sentinels is coming to the west.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-coming-west

It's PS4/Vita in Japan, but Atlus hasn't specified platforms in the west for some reason even though there's Playstation copyright information on their site.

Atlus is probably deciding if they want to port the Vita version or not.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Vanillaware's latest game, 13 Sentinels is coming to the west.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-coming-west

It's PS4/Vita in Japan, but Atlus hasn't specified platforms in the west for some reason even though there's Playstation copyright information on their site.

Maybe we'll finally get some gameplay next week.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryWeb/status/873174007503179776

Here's the cover of a magazine featuring the latest Compile Heart characters to come to Vita

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
everyone ready for some MASSIVE Vita announcements?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

the near app is coming back, I can feel it

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to the PlayStation experience just to capture the excitement when a game is announced for the Vita

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I expecting Persona 5 golden.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

W-what if they announce a new handheld

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

LOL

As if.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Vita 2: Live Harder

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hahahahaha

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
introducing the sony post mortem, because vita means life, and this comes after vita

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey, hey guys.

Undertale is coming to PS4 and Vita.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

trophies... finally a reason to play it

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Never played it. Maybe now that it's on my dead gay handheld I'll take a shot at it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

Never played it. Maybe now that it's on my dead gay handheld I'll take a shot at it

It's decent. Some of the writing kinda mawkish but it's got good music and some good characters, and the combat's fun. Some of the gags are great, too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

U-DO Burger posted:

Same

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I'll be honest here. At least we know the Vita is loving dead, and what to expect from it. I just can't handle Nintendo playing coy about the future of the 3DS. That's such bullshit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there'll be some games coming out for it over the next year and then it'll die. i hope this helps.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Vita is going to continue its never-ending shamble off XSEED and NISA for years to come.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

nerdz posted:

I'll be honest here. At least we know the Vita is loving dead, and what to expect from it. I just can't handle Nintendo playing coy about the future of the 3DS. That's such bullshit.

As in what, you're not sure if there'll be a 4DS? Most probably not. The Switch is taking off in a big way and the whole point of that thing was to unify Ninty's development into a single pipeline.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

As in what, you're not sure if there'll be a 4DS? Most probably not. The Switch is taking off in a big way and the whole point of that thing was to unify Ninty's development into a single pipeline.

I'm talking about the 3DS itself. I see no point in it getting more games besides the large user base. Like you said, apparently this move was definitely to unify develpment, but Nintendo keeps saying that the 3DS is not dead. I guess they'll keep up the lie until people stop believing it. And after sun and moon 2 comes out.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

nerdz posted:

I'm talking about the 3DS itself. I see no point in it getting more games besides the large user base. Like you said, apparently this move was definitely to unify develpment, but Nintendo keeps saying that the 3DS is not dead. I guess they'll keep up the lie until people stop believing it. And after sun and moon 2 comes out.

Why would you expect a company to essentially tell people to stop buying one of their products

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The 3DS still pulls duty as Nintendo's budget option for people who aren't down with paying USD 300 for a handheld.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also it's not like people buying a 3ds is some sort of trick. it has a huge back catalog of decent-great games.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What "point" does there need to be for the 3DS to get more games? I don't understand the problem.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

U-DO Burger posted:

Vita 2: Live Harder

Vita 2: Cruise Control

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

https://twitter.com/sailorbee/status/874495784527343616

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

The 3DS still pulls duty as Nintendo's budget option for people who aren't down with paying USD 300 for a handheld.

It'd be nice if their games ever went on sale too.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Alder posted:

It'd be nice if their games ever went on sale too.

Yeah that's the frustrating thing about Nintendo. Unless it's an Atlas game, you can count on rarely getting sales.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
can someone explain the nurse game

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

John Romero posted:

There was some discussion about it in the VN thread earlier this year. People didn't like it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

John Romero posted:

it's a lesbian romance visual novel that stars nurses. the characters are kind of assholes and there's some weird scenes but nothing like, perverted, just a lot of stuff about piss. because people piss in a hospital.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sometimes a setting can be too real

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

normally it's not the nurses though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Depends where you go

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Was Freedom Wars intended to be as tedious as it is? Like, the action sequences are fun enough, and I get they're trying to build a setting, but I played an hour of the story today that was less fun than going to work.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Probably. It's a shame because tearing giant robots apart with a high-level staff and Easy Blaster is fun as hell, but actually getting there is a godawful slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The first couple hours is the best part because of the neat world building. The monhun gameplay gets tedious after the second mission. And the story turns into the most generic thing. The game is kinda bad, actually.