Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Days Gone feels like it's coming out 5 years too late. The zombie pikmin aspect they showcased could be pretty amusing but that was about the only unique thing about the entire presentation. Sony was just pretty average this year but EA, MS and Bethesda were so much worse that I couldn't call it bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EA's was cool, need for speed and that prison break coop game look rad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Yes the third remake of a PS2 game should not be on a main stage

What if it was MGS3?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I love how the big finale to the Sony conference was a Spiderman trailer that made everyone go "that's just like Arkham". And the big end to that, the reveal that was supposed to get you super hype, was to bring in a character from the comics that most people didn't even recognize lol.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It also had a lot of qtes which they showed off as if they were a feature people like instead of put up with.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Spider-man does nothing for me personally but I could see a lot of people getting hype over the showcase. "It's just like Arkham" might be a disparaging comment around here but all those games sold a bazillion copies and the average video game player is probably going mbison yes to that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's me, I'm the guy that likes qtes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they saw the spiderman 3 youtube and now all qtes are funny whether you fail them or not

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

All action games are kind of like QTEs when you think about it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

all games are rpgs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

We must pay homage to the first game to expertly weave the RPG and QTE aspects together into one coherent whole, the greatest one and only Shenmue.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The swinging did look really nice. I loved spider man 2

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Sakurazuka posted:

I wouldn't say Sony's was the worst but it was pretty boring in a here's yet another fancy looking AAA game again way.
At least we got a look at SotC remake.
So what were those games? Spiderman and SotC? Anything else interesting?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a good game but that trailer wasn't super hype.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Dad of War was probably the most interesting of the AAA Sony exclusives. Never cared for the series up to this point but it looks to have something special going on. Also Uncharted / Horizon DLC that I'll definitely be getting.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A critical error on Sony's part not showing any games higher than an A2 (Anime 2)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wamdoodle posted:

I always read this as "Infogames"

That name would make a lot more sense.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

A critical error on Sony's part not showing any games higher than an A2 (Anime 2)

Kind of a huge oversight to make the central focus of Spider-man a dude and not an EGL sexbot.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

another year of no ape escape and you're asking me why i gave them two gamer thumbs down

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i make a lot of goofs but that one was serious by the way

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I almost started crying at the video game rental place because I wanted to rent Ape Escape but the lady kept telling me it needed a dualshock controller

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

this was a week ago

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Can we add this to the official Games ranking system?

E.g. Metal Gear Solid 3 is a G5F4A4 games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Palpek posted:

New God of War, Days Gone (depending on how far away TLoU 2 is) and Monster Hunter World at least seem interesting enough to me for now.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Did they reveal anything about the HZD dlc?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It has lots of snow

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Hyped!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ironically God of War is moving completely off the QTE train just as the Spiderman trailer used them in their first gameplay trailer. I think they addressed that later on and said "the game won't be full of those" but I'm guessing whatever qtes they had, they'll probably be trying to get rid of now lol.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Palpek posted:

Not a whole lot so far but here are the basics:

- "Continues the story" of Horizon, whether that's strictly post-game like Blood & Wine for TW3 or can be done at any point is up in the air.
- Takes place in Banuk territory with a "hefty" chunk of side content.
- New machines, new weapons, definitely some new megaboss.
- It's 20bux or 15 with PSN discount. Releases this year.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

DLC Inc posted:

I think they addressed that later on and said "the game won't be full of those" but I'm guessing whatever qtes they had, they'll probably be trying to get rid of now lol.
*remembers the Ryse dev saying that the game isn't on rails because you can in fact turn left and right*

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I did not really watch E3 because it was getting quite dull. I'd say the Nintendo World Championships has pretty much ruined E3s for me.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Palpek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5xsS1WZA54

e: I'm watching a video on "12 mechanics HZD never tells you about" and #2 is that enemies drop loot. Wowzers!

ee: that whole video was terrible. GamesRadar, what happened to you?

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 20, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Watching the Nintendo one this year was pretty hype though especially the double Metroid reveal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Toilet Rascal
I did enjoy the gradual dawning holy poo poo they're ACTUALLY DOING THIS FOR REALSIES feeling from the BG&E2 trailer (even if the chances the game is finished and comes out and is good remain low).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

ee: that whole video was terrible. GamesRadar, what happened to you?

Most youtube gaming channels are click-thirsty trash with some incendiary headline in size 24 impact font, usually accompanied by downward facing red arrows and at least 3-4 question marks in the thumbnail.

ACG does good work though and I like his reviews.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

haveblue posted:

I did enjoy the gradual dawning holy poo poo they're ACTUALLY DOING THIS FOR REALSIES feeling from the BG&E2 trailer (even if the chances the game is finished and comes out and is good remain low).
Why? They still haven't shown any gameplay, previous trailers for the sequel showed more than this one. One of the most fishy things that can happen to a game stuck in development hell is a CG trailer.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

VideoGames posted:

I did not really watch E3 because it was getting quite dull. I'd say the Nintendo World Championships has pretty much ruined E3s for me.

The Nintendo World Championships was so great if only for the final with the crazy Super Mario Maker courses. I barely remember what else got played, but that was hype as hell

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Zeeman posted:

The Nintendo World Championships was so great if only for the final with the crazy Super Mario Maker courses. I barely remember what else got played, but that was hype as hell

Maybe they can come back next year for the reveal of Super Mario Maker World for the Switch.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

In Training posted:

Yes the third remake of a PS2 game should not be on a main stage
You mean the first remake, right? This looks to be a pretty significant one while the other remake was to just get it running on PS3, wasn't it? This looks to be an actual graphical upgrade and I wager also to run smoothly no matter what, which was a massive issue with the original game.

Palpek posted:

god of war looks real great and monster hunter was I guess making monster hunter fans lose control of their limbs they were so excited, so there's that

haveblue posted:

that trailer is a negative press poison pill for vivendi and nothing more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

exquisite tea posted:

Days Gone feels like it's coming out 5 years too late. The zombie pikmin aspect they showcased could be pretty amusing but that was about the only unique thing about the entire presentation.

Please don't spoil my pikmin fan game

• Locked thread