Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Why don't you guys just chill out and listen to some tunes?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=zajoKA5ehMo

More here if you're interested.

http://www.spin.com/2017/06/donald-trump-lawyer-jay-sekulow-rock-band/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

hanales posted:

Why don't you guys just chill out and listen to some tunes?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=zajoKA5ehMo

I sleep soundly to the soft siren singing of simple squabbling.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Doctor Butts posted:

She ain't even pointing at the sharpshooter.

Also that Prez looks 30 at least.

Also that one dude is like taking a serious close-up of the Prez's turtleneck.

Don't talk poo poo about Prez Rickard.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Oxxidation posted:

It absolutely is a gimmick and this loving thread must contain the most credulous people alive

A lot of people are interested in engaging in serious discussion and the fact that people have to be constantly on their toes for some sort of troll IEDs and the forum jihadists laying them is tiresome at best.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Boon posted:

A lot of people are interested in engaging in serious discussion and the fact that people have to be constantly on their toes for some sort of troll IEDs and the forum jihadists laying them is tiresome at best.

Yes, thank you. Some of us don't have a repository of gimmick posters memorized.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

If only there was a button to press on the forums to mark and hide posts from certain users

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ignore him or scroll past. He always says one or two agreeable things to bait you then pulls the hook with "Capital gains" before spewing nonsense. Please don't waste your time with him.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The only gains I believe in come from the gym.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Ossoff will lose by triple digit margins demonstrating how out of touch the Democratic Party is with voters in states that haven't patched their voting machines in over a decade.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Congress declares war.

That's what the Constitution says, but the president declares war now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Congress declares war.

My sweet summer child.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Mustached Demon posted:

The only gains I believe in come from the gym.

Physical gains are good. But capital gains are better.

What do you rep?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

we

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Leon's posts are somewhat amusing, and it isn't that difficult to tell that they're jokes

Anyway when will we know the result of this over hyped election?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

What do you rep?

Can this flavor of twattery be bannable?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

What do you rep?

Do you keep a gym in your garage?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TheScott2K posted:

Retirement account shaming?

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009

What do you rep?

nice

http://trading.tfctennis.info/vanguard-trading-platform/

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

What do you rep?

Posting how much you owe on your mortgage doesn't count.

Edit: ^^^ Even better.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Mustached Demon posted:

Do you keep a gym in your garage?

Yes, actually.

I use a set I got from craigslist and a homemade bench press stand.

I do cardio in front of the TV for House of Cards too (bike).

Honestly, I only do non-cardio workouts once a week or so.

Getting too old/rusty.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

TheScott2K posted:

In fact, can just Leon, specifically, be bannable? Ignore doesn't work when half the page is people responding to him.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Endorph posted:

one of you lads working for the osoff campaign?

From a few pages back but did we figure out if this was real or not? I can't wrap my head around this idiocy even in this post election world.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Remember when poo poo posting In D&D was probateable because LF existed to catch all the poo poo posters and idiots? Those glorious halcyon days

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

buglord posted:

From a few pages back but did we figure out if this was real or not? I can't wrap my head around this idiocy even in this post election world.

Turns out it's real yeah.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

buglord posted:

If it's real, I'm betting it was hacked.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Yes, actually.

I use a set I got from craigslist and a homemade bench press stand.

I do cardio in front of the TV for House of Cards too (bike).

Honestly, I only do non-cardio workouts once a week or so.

Getting too old/rusty.

That's no excuse. There's a dude in his 70s at the gym I go to that does a full circuit of dumbbell weights like daily.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

:perfect:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Ossoff will lose by triple digit margins demonstrating how out of touch the Democratic Party is with voters in states that haven't patched their voting machines in over a decade.

Heavily affluent GOP district suburb of atlanta whose main moral compass always points to "muh taxes" not picking D isnt exactly ground breaking

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Reminder Trotsky is a anti semite holocaust denier

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
No fly zone for pro-regime aircraft declared over coalition held areas. Exact proximity to said areas not elaborated on.

https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/877168870896926721

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

buglord posted:

This is A/B testing taken to unreasonable and possibly illogical extremes. It gets the clicks, but what is the result?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hollismason posted:

Reminder Trotsky is a anti semite holocaust denier

He's a Proud Boy?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

If it's real, I'm betting it was hacked.

no. i've seen posts in this thread, tweets, talked to a friend, from people who were on the mailing list for the campaign. several of them had said they've received multiple emails like this. as in, more than one. as in, this is their consistent messaging.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

buglord posted:

It's definitely real.

I did professional fundraising work and the most effective asks for people who are already supporters are always: "Something unstoppable is coming. We're doomed."

To motivate them to go "OH YEAH? I BET WE CAN STOP THE UNSTOPPABLE THING!"

There's a 99% chance that whoever got this email either: A) Gave money previously or B) Took some sort of affirmative action to sign up for the emails.

When they do professional fundraising emails to huge audiences, they usually do three different blasts.

1) Mass asks to supporters/already committed people telling them that they are doomed.

"Help! We're definitely going to lose. All the bad things you hate are going to happen. We can only try to fight and pray (and maybe you could help us?)"

2) Mass asks to people interested in a certain thing, but not necessarily supporters.

Get a list of people subscribed to a hunting enthusiast magazine or website and assume that a portion of them are highly motivated by this issue.

"XXX wants to make hunting illegal! We're trying to stop them! Can you pitch in?"

3) Big donors/Advocacy Organizations or Foundations

"We did XXX that you care about. Here's some links to our accomplishments and media sources praising us. We make effective use of your money!"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

no. i've seen posts in this thread, tweets, talked to a friend, from people who were on the mailing list for the campaign. several of them had said they've received multiple emails like this. as in, more than one. as in, this is their consistent messaging.

They need to loving fire someone, then. And that person shouldn't work on a campaign ever again.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Volkerball posted:

No fly zone for pro-regime aircraft declared over coalition held areas. Exact proximity to said areas not elaborated on.

https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/877168870896926721

Dont vote for Hillary, she'll start a war

Well Trump is dumb enough to be a russian stooge and get us into a war with them

I'm glad of it

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Chilichimp posted:

They need to loving fire someone, then. And that person shouldn't work on a campaign ever again.

It works.

Whoever is running it has almost assuredly run a professional fundraising operation before and is using either a MailChimp/Constant Contact fundraising blast schedule.

Fundraising emails to committed/lean-supporters are not designed to be public messaging vehicles.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Am I reading that right? Iran is bombing USAF position with drones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Boon posted:

Remember when poo poo posting In D&D was probateable because LF existed to catch all the poo poo posters and idiots? Those glorious halcyon days

Yeah that sure worked

• Locked thread