Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Now more than ever I am convinced that this will be the plot summary of Metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxwcr72VcKg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Madkal posted:

I wish the comic was about the Justice League starting a metal garage cover band.

Unfortunately, Batman has strong opinions about music, metal rock and punk especially.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

catlord posted:

Unfortunately, Batman has strong opinions about music, metal rock and punk especially.

It turns out the Dark Multiverse is just a Multiverse where every Batman likes rock and, inevitably, turns to evil

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Batman would totally form a prog metal band. Dude has the makings of a Rush fan.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Is that Duke in the goofy loving bumblebee suit with a bat on his face?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That suit is fuckin' great. :mad:

...and yes.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/876844881951567873

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Been there seen that

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ha!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Neat.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/876871087237287936

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/876882778129911808

quote:

James Robinson, Carlos Pagulyan, and Emanuela Lupacchino are taking over DC's Wonder Woman with September 27's #31. The trio's new story, "Children of the Gods," will pick-up the long-simmering storyline concerning Jason, the brother to Wonder WOman that was revealed in 2016's "Darkseid War" arc of Justice League.

"Taken away from Themyscira in the dead of night, the mysterious Jason (the only male ever born on the island) has been hidden somewhere far from the sight of gods and men…but his life and Wonder Woman’s are about to intersect in a terrifying way, bringing them face-to-face with a cosmic threat they never imagined!" explained DC's press release.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
James Robinson? bleh.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I look forward to Jim Hammond showing up in Wonder Woman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I know the name Jason goes way back but today's trend of Jaydens and Haydens and Kaydens makes it sound modern and just weird there.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wait, I thought James Robinson was good? Isn't he the Starman guy?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

purple death ray posted:

Wait, I thought James Robinson was good? Isn't he the Starman guy?

A majority of good to great comic book writers reach a point when they become inexplicably bad to terrible.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Robinson did one of my favourite Batman stories of all time (Blades) so he gets a pass from me with whatever he does. And yea, I guess Starman counts too.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yeah I love Robinson because of his Starman, The Golden Age, "Face the Face" storyarc on Batman/Detective Comic. Not to mention his World of New Krypton and Justice Society stuff.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I couldn't care less about Jason, Wonder Woman's Secret Brother if you paid me, though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
James Robinson is the unsalted cracker of comic book writers

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #14
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by JOE BENNETT
Cover by MIKE McKONE
Variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
“Bizarro Reborn” part one! Bizarro is back and he’s better than ever! He’s stronger, he’s faster and now he’s a genius! As if that weren’t enough to deal with, things only get more complicated when the Outlaws find themselves in the crosshairs of the one and only Batwoman, who will stop at nothing to take down the infamous Red Hood!
On sale SEPTEMBER 13 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+

TRINITY #13
Written by ROB WILLIAMS Art by V KEN MARION
Cover by DAVID FINCH Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
“DARK DESTINY” part two! The Pandora Pits’ origins reveal themselves to Circe and Ra’s al Ghul as John Constantine and the mystical trinity work with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to host a superpowered exorcism on Red Hood, Artemis and Bizarro.
On sale SEPTEMBER 20 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Batwoman eh?

Full Solicits

https://www.newsarama.com/34984-dc-comics-september-2017-solicitations.html

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

pubic works project posted:

Yeah I love Robinson because of his Starman, The Golden Age, "Face the Face" storyarc on Batman/Detective Comic. Not to mention his World of New Krypton and Justice Society stuff.

Then there is his justice league stuff

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Boo to the dozen or so Metal tie in issues.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I.......I'm trying to keep positive here. Robinson's recent Scarlet Witch run was not bad. Nothing groundbreaking, with a protagonist that grew more and more irritating over time, but it was still a decent enough comic.

But this is still the guy directly responsible for this motherfucking book and now he's given the reigns on Wonder Woman, writing about Diana's 5428th Secret loving Brother. There's...a lot going against us, here.

Six issues, eh? Sigh...well, I suppose I can handle six issues of this, just to see what he's gonna do here and to yank this Jason band-aid off as quick as we can. I'd really rather that Diana's relationship with her existing family like Donna and Cassie are reexamined, but Abnett's loving up Donna pretty well and good over in Titans and at this point I'm pretty sure we're not gonna see Cassie again until the eventual Young Justice reboot.

And oh yeah, Simone and Lopresti on WW/Conan...uh, didn't they write this exact story already?

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 19, 2017

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I am sooooo sold on this though

quote:

BATMAN #30
Written by TOM KING
Art by CLAY MANN
Cover by MIKEL JANIN
Variant cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“THE BALLAD OF KITE MAN” part two! In our second “War of Jokes and Riddles” interlude, it’s the making of a super-villain! He’s been pushed by Batman to snitch on The Joker, and cajoled by The Joker to betray Batman—now, the flunky who would be Kite Man finally snaps. He’s lost everything, and a life of crime is the only way to go.
On sale SEPTEMBER 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

quote:

DASTARDLY & MUTTLEY #1
Written by GARTH ENNIS
Art and cover by MAURICET
Variant cover by LIAM SHARP
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
It’s a red-letter day for the good folk of Unliklistan as they start to power up their first atomic reactor. But after pushing the wrong button, the ultra-rare radioactive element, unstabilium, has been released into the atmosphere! Now it’s up to pilot Lt. Col. Richard “Dick” Atcherly and his navigator Captain Dudley “Mutt” Muller to save the day. Will they safely complete their mission? Or are things about to get a little...wacky?
On sale SEPTEMBER 6 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T+

It's like Garth Ennis saw Flintstones and proclaimed "HOLD MY BEER"

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 19, 2017

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I loving knew King was going to have everyone actually caring about Kite Man by the time he was done.

Also Lobdell needs to keep Kate's name out his loving mouth if he knows what's good for him

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Well, if she boinks Artemis I think I'd be cool with it tbh

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BrianWilly posted:

Well, if she boinks Artemis I think I'd be cool with it tbh

On one hand you are gross, but on the other D_T would be crushed.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

purple death ray posted:

I loving knew King was going to have everyone actually caring about Kite Man by the time he was done.

HELL YEAH

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Mr Hootington posted:

On one hand you are gross, but on the other D_T would be crushed.

Red Hood will turn Batwoman straight.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Ok but none of these solicits matter except for the one where The Demon will be getting a paperback print for 30 bucks.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

lotus circle posted:

Ok but none of these solicits matter except for the one where The Demon will be getting a paperback print for 30 bucks.

graybook posted:

HELL YEAH

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Robinson's recent Scarlet Witch and current Nick Fury are cool, and are both mostly one-and-done storytelling, which is great.

edit: Mondo covers for the Young Animal titles in those solicits.
As in the poster company, I guess?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jun 20, 2017

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Unlucky7 posted:

It's like Garth Ennis saw Flintstones and proclaimed "HOLD MY BEER"

The unstable element should have been named P-IDGON.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/877161597021687808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

it's dargaud, not "darguad"