Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

i wonder if you could offer a free exercise class and then oops turns out you were doing rifle drills the whole time and you are now a leftist militant

https://youtu.be/LkNxvUrWQ_Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

docbeard posted:

Hence the need for better candidates, bolder positions, and a party willing to actually take risks.

Absent that, let's have as few apocalypse cultists running things as possible, though.

the thing is that apocalypse cults are p appealing when you have nothing to lose

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

The only valid theoretical reason to want Ossoff to lose is that the Dem party would use his win as an excuse to move rightward, but let's be honest, they'd use his loss as an excuse to move rightward too so we might as well try to get another seat blue

better red than dead

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

nathan fielder is the only hope for the revolution

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the FL Dem party is probably in trouble

the millionaire big donor who became chair in January snubbed state legislators by cutting then out of an event and not telling them. naturally they got annoyed because he kept them waiting in the wings without telling them their part had been cancelled. he responded to concerns about the snub by complaining that "they're like children, these black legislators, they just don't get it", even though white and Hispanic lawmakers had also complained. then when the black caucus heard about that racist-sounding remark and met with him to discuss their concerns, he accused them of "playing the race card"

of course, this is a guy who's been loathed in the party establishment for a long time, but the DNC pretended to like him because he brought in the money, and even backed him in the race for FL Dem chair. they even got Ellison to endorse him

he's now saying that he's ready to resign...if the elected FL Dems want him to. of course, he still brings in the money, so the establishment FL Dems are already spewing positively Trumpish quotes about how Bittel isn't racist, he's just an incompetent rich idiot who's too stupid to not say racist things

quote:

“The leader would have killed the chair,” said a Democrat who witnessed the incident said. “Why did he have to blame the black caucus? It was Cruz who was the first one really upset about it. It had nothing to do with race … Bittel isn’t a racist. But he’s a rich white man who doesn’t know that the things that come out of his mouth can be really offensive.”
McGhee, who showed up with Braynon and other caucus members after Powell found Bittel, almost chuckled in disbelief when he was asked about the encounter and the “race card” comments. McGhee said he doesn’t think Bittel is a racist but needed to understand how out of line he was.

“At the end of the day, the statement was made. We laid down the law to him about how we felt. We litigated this,” McGhee said. “Now the question at this point is what does Bittel do to unify this party?”
A fundraiser who has worked with Bittel in the past said the chairman is now learning how tough the job is.

“He’s not used to this. He’s used to being a big donor who gets rear end-kissed by politicians and party leaders, or he’s the developer who gets his way,” said one longtime party insider. “The whole time he thought the party was just run by idiots and all it would take is his leadership. Now look at where we are.”

Sen. Book, a white lawmaker to whom Bittel first made the “childish” comments about the black caucus, said that she hopes “this is an opportunity for everybody to continue to be sensitive to a topic we need to pay attention to. This initially had nothing to do with black lawmakers or Jewish lawmakers or Latino lawmakers. This had to do with lawmakers disrespected in our view.”

i doubt they're gonna have the balls to boot a wealthy donor and big fundraiser, so the black caucus is just gonna have to take one for the team for the sake of rich white people. hail satan, gently caress this planet

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Main Paineframe posted:

racist-sounding remark

"racist-sounding"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

give me money

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
just saw someone wearing an Ossoff shirt

in Maryland

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

the FL Dem party is probably in trouble

the millionaire big donor who became chair in January snubbed state legislators by cutting then out of an event and not telling them. naturally they got annoyed because he kept them waiting in the wings without telling them their part had been cancelled. he responded to concerns about the snub by complaining that "they're like children, these black legislators, they just don't get it", even though white and Hispanic lawmakers had also complained. then when the black caucus heard about that racist-sounding remark and met with him to discuss their concerns, he accused them of "playing the race card"

of course, this is a guy who's been loathed in the party establishment for a long time, but the DNC pretended to like him because he brought in the money, and even backed him in the race for FL Dem chair. they even got Ellison to endorse him

he's now saying that he's ready to resign...if the elected FL Dems want him to. of course, he still brings in the money, so the establishment FL Dems are already spewing positively Trumpish quotes about how Bittel isn't racist, he's just an incompetent rich idiot who's too stupid to not say racist things

i doubt they're gonna have the balls to boot a wealthy donor and big fundraiser, so the black caucus is just gonna have to take one for the team for the sake of rich white people. hail satan, gently caress this planet

lets get venom snakes take because iirc he was literally involved with this story

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

"racist-sounding"

I thought it paired well with "discuss their concerns", as at that point everyone was still desperately trying to pretend he wasn't racist and they'd just have a chat with him about how he needs to be more careful and everything would be hunky-dory, so they gave him the benefit of the doubt even though he didn't deserve it

but then when they did that he said the "race card" poo poo and that was it for being nice

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Al! posted:

lets get venom snakes take because iirc he was literally involved with this story

i think he just goes to college in florida, he does political work in the northeast

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Serf posted:

i mean this is true. tepid adherence to the status quo while most people in the country are suffering isn't really better than turbofucking us to death with deregulation and unrestrained capitalism

hillary would have signed the AHCA

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, but also the entire party.

:agreed:

Serf
May 5, 2011

NewForumSoftware posted:

i don't think any dem would do this because as a party they have a vested interest in maintaining the illusion that they are on the side of the people, so they vehemently defend the aca, which is like the literal crystallization of the "at least its not the worst thing" viewpoint that we're expected to approve of

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i think he just goes to college in florida, he does political work in the northeast

i think i remember him talking about some fundraising event at a rich donors place in fl or something where the rich donor just didnt show up and there was a big fight about whether they should cancel entirely or not, no clue if this is the inciting incident or not

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
edit: wrong thread

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

NewForumSoftware posted:

The Freedom Caucus would have blown up the deal at the last minute for not going far enough!

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Serf posted:

i don't think any dem would do this
you sweet sweet summer child

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Freedom Caucus would have blown up the deal at the last minute for not going far enough!

unironically the truth

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

NewForumSoftware posted:

please stop

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

CC would have also voted for the AHCA

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I heard that Hillary's going to break into the White House just so she can sign the AHCA before Trump gets a chance to.

Serf
May 5, 2011

NewForumSoftware posted:

i explained my reasoning :shrug:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

NewForumSoftware posted:

CC would have also voted for the AHCA

:stonk:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

docbeard posted:

I heard that Hillary's going to break into the White House just so she can sign the AHCA before Trump gets a chance to.

BIPARTISANSHIP!

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Serf posted:

i explained my reasoning :shrug:

"democrats would NEVER do that!" isn't reasoning, it's pure unfiltered hope

do you forget the grand bargain?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bernie Panders would capitulate to neoliberalism just like Mitterand and Syriza before him fyi

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Hillary has Brain Replacement technology which she is using to become every Republican Senator and also Joe Manchin.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

docbeard posted:

as an apology for berniebro violence, obama will sign ahca alongside trump

Serf
May 5, 2011

NewForumSoftware posted:

"democrats would NEVER do that!" isn't reasoning, it's pure unfiltered hope

do you forget the grand bargain?

"dems wouldn't do it because they're more invested in loving us over slowly" is not hope my dude

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

That's why Chelsea is allowed to use But She Persisted as her book title, since Hillary (while possessing McConnell) said it in the first place.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i heard this horrible rumor that chelsea clinton actually likes her mom

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Serf posted:

"dems wouldn't do it because they're more invested in loving us over slowly" is not hope my dude

didn't stop Obummer from resigning the patriot act

or giving Timothy "failing upwards" Geightner the position of treasury secretary

edit. btw the AHCA doesn't kick in for a few years so its firmly "loving us over slowly" that the Democrats love

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/crushingbort/status/877185550901428225

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

That seems less likely than my Hillary Is A Brain In A Jar Using Pulp Nazi Superscience To Control The Republican Party And Take Her Revenge Upon The Democrats Who Betrayed Her theory.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Concerned Citizen posted:

that's understandable

whats shocking is that you do

Serf
May 5, 2011

NewForumSoftware posted:

or giving Timothy "failing upwards" Geightner the position of treasury secretary

i'm glad ur agreeing with me?

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Serf posted:

i'm glad ur agreeing with me?

Hillary wouldn't sign the AHCA because the Democrats exclusively do horrible things

- Serf, experiencing a moment of wisdom

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

I gave up on FL politics a month or two ago because everyone involved is awful.

EDIT: All of my current political stuff is focused on VA right now because if the GOP wins they will do something stupid like secede from the union to make their base happy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what can ossoff spend money that he gets the literal night before the election on. would it even hit his bank account before thursday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

NewForumSoftware posted:

I thought the correct derogatory term was Baquack Obamailure

• Locked thread