Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

https://streamable.com/erk5o

This is what peak performance looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I've been watching this on endless loop

https://streamable.com/eb3xt

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I have obtained proof that the Russian reflex sight can be placed on all of the guns in the game. I expect this to be included in the next patch!

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

my kinda ape posted:

I have obtained proof that the Russian reflex sight can be placed on all of the guns in the game. I expect this to be included in the next patch!

Western Europeans look at Russia like the USA looks at Mexico. They would never be caught dead with that thing on their fancy HK and FN hardware.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
sometimes you have to just carry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7yNC35smjY

nation's scream at 15 seconds is probably my favorite part of the whole video, however.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/sjlun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfng6nbOgis

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
What is this 630mb patch siege is downloading right now? (I don't have hires textures)

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

keyframe posted:

What is this 630mb patch siege is downloading right now? (I don't have hires textures)

ACTION COMPLETED

at least it should be fixed now

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

automaticswim posted:

ACTION COMPLETED

at least it should be fixed now

It's 630 megabytes of screenshots of various screens in various resolutions that will flash together with action competed, covering it up.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Oh look the new edgy thread title was relevant for 2 days. Do i sound salty? I'm salty. :mad:

Guess I'm gonna have to reinsert the bug.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Hard posted:

Oh look the new edgy thread title was relevant for 2 days. Do i sound salty? I'm salty. :mad:

DO IT

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Hard posted:

It was a forced meme anyways

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard posted:

See if you can sneak in raptor legs too.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
be advised the weekly challenge talisman looks cool:

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I have no interest in how they actually look, just in compulsively collecting them.

For reals though I've mostly just been checking in week after week to make sure I don't miss out on any cool charms.

I hope I didn't miss out on too many when I stopped playing for a while last year. :ohdear:

PlanB please add any challenge charms I have missed to my collection, thank you.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Thief posted:

be advised the weekly challenge talisman looks cool:

Nothing is cooler than the Toucan charm.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

The Duggler posted:

https://streamable.com/erk5o

This is what peak performance looks like

I may not like it but I do agree with it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Put a loving ping limit on data centers.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Counterpoint: don't, because I enjoy playing with my friends from all over.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
:frogsiren:40% off for the steam sale

Make sure you don't buy starter edition because it's poo poo and bad!

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Orv posted:

Put a loving ping limit on data centers.

There is.. but i think it's 400.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/YU5LmxC.webm
lmao you can buy a gimp mask in this game for $7 irl

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I haven't seen Buck in a match for so long.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Heran Bago posted:

I haven't seen Buck in a match for so long.

He has at least an average pick rate in my experience. He's basically Ash+Sledge with a pretty good DMR. His assault rifle is pretty bad though.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
That +Ash is a stretch. He's just a bad Sledge imo.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
He's better than but not as fun as sledge, when his shotgun doesn't just pepper a wall with tiny pinholes, that is.

He takes out more wall quicker while getting in and out of wall smashy mode quicker and without having to get so close to the thing you want to make a big hole in, the only downside is that he's noisier and doesn't have a bitchin' hammer to execute people with.

The latter is the most important reason to pick Sledge over buck imo.

For real though speed up Sledge's recovery after using the hammer, but don't speed up the wind up for using it because it'll make smashing faces in too easy and will rob it of it's magic.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the skeleton key is cool but I try to minimize breaching with it unless necessary.

sledge can just smash the poo poo out of the entire building all round and get killed before his hammer stops working

buck's shotgun is way more useful if you save the ammo for stuff like doorway duels

as for the DMR it pretty much comes down to if you want to prime frag grenades or use Twitch's shock drone.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Buck can shoot out ceilings, which can be exceptionally useful in a few points- in Kanal in CCTV under the outside wall on the top floor and into the closet in maps room, in House the floor behind the bed and in the bedroom closet etc.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hard posted:

There is.. but i think it's 400.

:negative:

It's not people playing with friends from across seas or something, it's entire teams of 300+ ping people that are awful to fight against. Oh well.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Buck's AR is fine if you aren't an ACOG scrub

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i used it a lot but that might mostly be because the skin with the little japanese symbols on it looks great

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

The Duggler posted:

Buck's AR is fine if you aren't an ACOG scrub

It has about triple the recoil of most ARs and unlike Fuze's AK-12 it doesn't have high enough damage to make up for it. It's unexceptional in any way except for inexplicably kicking like a mule.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Blitz is god drat fun to play as. Just hearing footsteps and camping a corner, waiting for them to pop out. Works really good against Caveira, especially if you purposefully leave your friend she just downed alone, until she's on top of him and you can blind + shoot her head off. I love walking towards a doorway whilst tanking shots and blinding enemies, but it's super embarrassing when I ADS and they're still spraying blindly and kill me.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

shields in general are cool, fun and were a huge selling point for me early on since it had been like 10 years or more since counter strike had em.

if you like blitz you gotta run a few rounds with fuze's shield if you havent tried it yet. its a comedy option but is underplayed so sometimes people hear you clunking around and know you're in the area but as long as you havent been spotted you can surprise them with a well placed cluster bomb.

@hard since you can toggle shields to go on the back and is usually ignored, can we get a combat turtle operator that is focused on doing this then switching to something like a shotgun? or just let blitz do this because lol

also does it give +bonus points for getting shot in the back like that? there have been times where a downed shield player starts breakdancing and the attack has to hit them over and over again because the shield is miraculously blocking everything

my kinda ape posted:

It has about triple the recoil of most ARs and unlike Fuze's AK-12 it doesn't have high enough damage to make up for it. It's unexceptional in any way except for inexplicably kicking like a mule.

i guess it makes sense if the intention is for 3 speed operators to be glass cannons while 3 armor ops are obviously great for brawling

if his gun was any stronger it'd probably be OP

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Q8ee posted:

Blitz is god drat fun to play as. Just hearing footsteps and camping a corner, waiting for them to pop out. Works really good against Caveira, especially if you purposefully leave your friend she just downed alone, until she's on top of him and you can blind + shoot her head off. I love walking towards a doorway whilst tanking shots and blinding enemies, but it's super embarrassing when I ADS and they're still spraying blindly and kill me.

I've come to find out as Blitz it's almost never worth ADS'ing unless they're facing away from you. The bullet will find your head more often than not. I just wait till they give up and start running away to pop them in the back. I also slow fire hip shots from behind the shield as I advance. It's gotten me random bullshit headshots more times than it should, lol.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Give defenders a smoke grenade already please.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Finally got an ACE after 500+ hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScTSUdJUt4U

Wait...

Nevermind...

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Wow, rude

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'll also have you know that the ragequitter quit during the last round :smuggo:

For some reason, the stars aligned for that one game, and I was kicking major rear end. Felt so good. I was droning people out and wallbanging so much. Got accused of wallhacks. Also decided to start thinking along the lines of "where would I hide" and that helped me prefire a bunch of scrubs.

Edit: I've just seen all our ranks. Turns out the reason I was kicking rear end is cause I was bottom of Silver with a bunch of Bronze dudes too... makes sense. As I climbed up to Gold, I quickly stopped being so godlike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dropshotting is bad and dumb.

• Locked thread