Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Can you cargobob the export part of this? At least for anyone doing these solo lobby, it would cut back on the NPC damages

Gotta love that pingpingping and watching your dollar counter go down as you still taking hits from 2 blocks away

Yes, you can cargobob all parts of import/export. If you're going to face hostile NPCs on a sell (aka are alone in a session) attach and lift the car vertically from your warehouse until you've gained a few thousand feet and then fly to your target. NPCs won't spawn or hit you if you're sufficiently high enough in the air, and they only start spawning in the first place when you go outside a certain radius from your warehouse so it's safe to lift straight up from there.

They also don't spawn by the same rules when you're in a certain radius of the drop point, so do the same in reverse to land. I think two ticks on the altimeter is right, but I haven't run i/e in a while. It's pretty easy to learn how high you need to be.

I did many, many $0 loss solo sells this way. Assuming you're good enough in a Cargobob, it's basically foolproof. Or just get a friend to run a competing CEO org in a 2 person session and drive the cars, which is better anyway.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

It's monday, have some gifs:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Buying a weapons bay in the MOC lets you buy a heavy sniper and the big machine gun without needing to hit the level cap. That's cool.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

hiddenriverninja posted:

I usually do these by calling a Cargobob and just airlifting them.

i love that they made an animation for it just for one mission, but sometimes the car has to be spawned by a race or is just inaccessable so then it becomes a hassle. but i got a sultan earlier today with 0 damage even thought i blasted the windows and the paintjob with the hook. if anyone is on pc, my social club name should be itheawittn, if anyone else is still playing this hell game for cowards

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I think right around now would be a perfect time to "flip" how the map works. Right now everybody and a growing number of special vehicles are showing on the map, the entire map. But, what if the default was to show you and your friends and crews on the world map, and only show other players on the mini map when they get in range.

I think it would spice up the various businesses, to start with. Currently if you hit a lobby with 10+ players, chances are youre also going to see a bunch of tank/plane/rocketbike icons all over, and might not want to run your missions because you're just a big target to gently caress with. It can still give a "CORP is delivering ____, take their poo poo" message, but if it's not pinpointing you on the map, that gives some advantage to the Corp. Until you drive into an ambush. On the other side of that, it would incentivize the others in the lobby to get out and roam more, more of an achievement to find and track you down.
Since R* loves their ingame laptops and everything needs its own network, add one somewhere(office? clubhouse? police station?) that you can access to show the full map with everybody tracking. This would encourage teamwork, maybe drop someone at the laptop so they could relay directions, almost rally style with a driver and a navigator. Tie it into the TV somehow
Make players with wanted levels appear on the map? Sell an upgrade to your cell phone to include some made up Police Scanner bullshit, with different levels to increase sensitivity(base upgrade only picks up 4/5 star players, upgrade for 3/2 stars, upgrade for 1 star and mentally unstable). Without the upgrade there could be a trackify app or something equally useless
Bring back bounties and show them on the map
Maybe make the regular minimap more trackify-like once you get too far. For players and icons that fall in the boundarys show them as normal, but for those outside do some highlighting to show which direction the most action is in. Now it's sort of like that with individual dots that fade with distance, so that could stay pretty similar
Add some risk by showing personal vehicles with trackers on the map(with a ingame phone upgrade of course) but not if you jack a rando's car on the street. That would deffo help with balance because you could creep on people but you would wouldnt be able to creep up with a fully loaded Ruiner with rockets. Or else the tracker only shows the actual vehicle.. so you could park it somewhere and set an ambush
I think the minimap already somewhat auto-scales with your speed? I know the one in my IRL car scales a couple steps between parked and lowspeed and then on the highway
For aircraft, they could have a bigger map when flying, but would also be able to seen from farther, or surprise! there's a phone upgrade to show air traffic

Nah, I know none of this has a chance of happening, and I'm pretty sure that any single change would just wreck the already fragile netcode. Just idle thoughts after some reading, that many think this right now is the honeymoon from gunrunning where players are still checking everything out and figuring the best way to be online dicks, finishing whatever grind is needed to get everything, and then in another couple weeks or sooner, Los Santos will be much more of a warzone so busy lobbies wont be able to get you anything accomplished except PvP stuff

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Just did a really fun mission involving riding transformable motorcycle jetskis with turrets shooting down everything for a very lucrative 13000. Wow this game is good when it works

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

Psion posted:

I did many, many $0 loss solo sells this way. Assuming you're good enough in a Cargobob, it's basically foolproof. Or just get a friend to run a competing CEO org in a 2 person session and drive the cars, which is better anyway.

No, you get a friend who also has a Cargobob to deliver your vehicles with you, which allows you to deliver 2 vehicles at once. Switch to their organization and help them do the same, then go steal 2 more cars apiece, repeat as needed. 2x the money plus they get a little $5kish bonus for each one of your cars they deliver and vice versa.

At $80k per vehicle delivered with a 20 minute cooldown between deliveries, that's about $480k an hour as long as you can steal 2 top end cars every 20 minutes (which again, is pretty easy if you have a Cargobob).

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Calaveron posted:

Just did a really fun mission involving riding transformable motorcycle jetskis with turrets shooting down everything for a very lucrative 13000. Wow this game is good when it works

Wait til you get to the KITT mission

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up

Millions of Crows posted:

Are many people from LLKJ active lately? (on xbone) I need a crew of non-retards with mics to get heists done. Pubbies are massively stupid and no good to work with. So many people are silent and aggresively bad at the game it makes me wonder if severe autism affects the majority of players. Those few that do listen are still like toddlers, needing constant direction for simple tasks. Why do people attempt heists when they can't even read or talk?

I play it from time to time. Loaded up the Gunrunning update only to find it's just the drug running stuff x2.

I'll get on with some Xbone LLJK peeps for heist stuff. GT: Trebag

I need money after buying the Paleto bunker + MCO, but I have a house out there so... :shrug:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So apparently an ingame internet website sold me a fairly dece coupe sports car for free. What's stopping me from just buying it over and over and selling it for easy profit?

Regular Dude
Oct 17, 2008

Calaveron posted:

So apparently an ingame internet website sold me a fairly dece coupe sports car for free. What's stopping me from just buying it over and over and selling it for easy profit?

You don't get any money for selling free cars

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Calaveron posted:

Any cars sold to you for free should be unable to be resold at LS Customs. To remove it from your garage you will need to overwrite it with another car when your garages are 100% full.

Regular Dude
Oct 17, 2008

weg posted:

Any cars sold to you for free should be unable to be resold at LS Customs. To remove it from your garage you will need to overwrite it with another car when your garages are 100% full.

I was able to remove one of those free cars from the cunning stunts update by selling at LS Customs. I didn't get any money for it, but it did remove it from my garage.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Yeah, that was fixed in a patch after like two years.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Regular Dude posted:

I was able to remove one of those free cars from the cunning stunts update by selling at LS Customs. I didn't get any money for it, but it did remove it from my garage.

Ah that's good to know, thanks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Please please PLEASE tell me I can get a ramp buggy

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Please please PLEASE tell me I can get a ramp buggy

Yes, but.

1. you need a vehicle warehouse
2. you need to have hosted the ramp buggy mission, or it's another $1m for it
3. the one you can buy can only ramp like 15 cars before it blows up because it's a piece of poo poo.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Powershift posted:

Yes, but.

3. the one you can buy can only ramp like 15 cars before it blows up because it's a piece of poo poo.

Boo, hiss, what's even the point then

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Boo, hiss, what's even the point then

Because Rockstar has never balanced X after X has been released.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Back Hack posted:

Because Rockstar has never balanced X after X has been released.

except for payouts for X :v:

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Powershift posted:

Yes, but.

I also really question why the tires protrude up through the ramp.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Oppressor's rockets do about 25% more damage if it's your "favorite" bike. That can significantly reduce the number of hits it takes to kill some things.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Got a cool half million. Thanks R*!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Who's TopRamenNoodles? He blew me up when I was doing resupply poo poo, which, whatever, but I typed "cool, gently caress you" in chat and suddenly money bags started raining down on me so I alt-tabbed. Thank god they C&D'd modding tools, am i rite?

Edit: 50% of the time I try to find a new session it sticks me in the clouds and I never come back down until I restart the whole game (can't access the menu in the clouds) and then I disconnected randomly while at the target range. Ok, fine, I guess I WONT play this anymore.

mutata fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 20, 2017

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

mutata posted:

Who's TopRamenNoodles? He blew me up when I was doing resupply poo poo, which, whatever, but I typed "cool, gently caress you" in chat and suddenly money bags started raining down on me so I alt-tabbed. Thank god they C&D'd modding tools, am i rite?

Edit: 50% of the time I try to find a new session it sticks me in the clouds and I never come back down until I restart the whole game (can't access the menu in the clouds) and then I disconnected randomly while at the target range. Ok, fine, I guess I WONT play this anymore.

This game is the eternal dumpster fire, the best way to play it is to pop in after every update just to gaze in amazement at how perpetually profoundly hosed up it is

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
Experimenting with thermal sniping pubbies from merryweather choppers until goon

BEWARE OF JET BLAST AND ROTORS

Later y'all

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

FuturePastNow posted:

The Oppressor's rockets do about 25% more damage if it's your "favorite" bike. That can significantly reduce the number of hits it takes to kill some things.

So I guess I need to buy an MC, huh?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Locobono posted:

Experimenting with thermal sniping pubbies from merryweather choppers until goon

What'd Lamar want?

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

FuturePastNow posted:

Is there still zero information on how favourite bike is determined? Googling gives me the impression that it's a broken mechanic.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Locobono posted:

The thermal sight does a really great job at lighting up NPCs in their cars, but it's spectacularly poo poo at detecting other players unless you're fairly close in range. It's a shame we can't switch sights on the fly or have a combo nightvision/thermal sight.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

I think right around now would be a perfect time to "flip" how the map works. Right now everybody and a growing number of special vehicles are showing on the map, the entire map. But, what if the default was to show you and your friends and crews on the world map, and only show other players on the mini map when they get in range.

I think it would spice up the various businesses, to start with. Currently if you hit a lobby with 10+ players, chances are youre also going to see a bunch of tank/plane/rocketbike icons all over, and might not want to run your missions because you're just a big target to gently caress with. It can still give a "CORP is delivering ____, take their poo poo" message, but if it's not pinpointing you on the map, that gives some advantage to the Corp. Until you drive into an ambush. On the other side of that, it would incentivize the others in the lobby to get out and roam more, more of an achievement to find and track you down.
Since R* loves their ingame laptops and everything needs its own network, add one somewhere(office? clubhouse? police station?) that you can access to show the full map with everybody tracking. This would encourage teamwork, maybe drop someone at the laptop so they could relay directions, almost rally style with a driver and a navigator. Tie it into the TV somehow
Make players with wanted levels appear on the map? Sell an upgrade to your cell phone to include some made up Police Scanner bullshit, with different levels to increase sensitivity(base upgrade only picks up 4/5 star players, upgrade for 3/2 stars, upgrade for 1 star and mentally unstable). Without the upgrade there could be a trackify app or something equally useless
Bring back bounties and show them on the map
Maybe make the regular minimap more trackify-like once you get too far. For players and icons that fall in the boundarys show them as normal, but for those outside do some highlighting to show which direction the most action is in. Now it's sort of like that with individual dots that fade with distance, so that could stay pretty similar
Add some risk by showing personal vehicles with trackers on the map(with a ingame phone upgrade of course) but not if you jack a rando's car on the street. That would deffo help with balance because you could creep on people but you would wouldnt be able to creep up with a fully loaded Ruiner with rockets. Or else the tracker only shows the actual vehicle.. so you could park it somewhere and set an ambush
I think the minimap already somewhat auto-scales with your speed? I know the one in my IRL car scales a couple steps between parked and lowspeed and then on the highway
For aircraft, they could have a bigger map when flying, but would also be able to seen from farther, or surprise! there's a phone upgrade to show air traffic

Nah, I know none of this has a chance of happening, and I'm pretty sure that any single change would just wreck the already fragile netcode. Just idle thoughts after some reading, that many think this right now is the honeymoon from gunrunning where players are still checking everything out and figuring the best way to be online dicks, finishing whatever grind is needed to get everything, and then in another couple weeks or sooner, Los Santos will be much more of a warzone so busy lobbies wont be able to get you anything accomplished except PvP stuff

Me and my buddy were actually talking about this the other day. I was extolling the virtues of all the crap there is to do in GTA Online's non instanced open world these days, whereas back in olden days there was just gently caress around and maybe those stupid fly upside down events, or robbing a store for $2000 or something.

He refuses to play because the moment you start doing anything, it plops you as a giant target for Hydras on the map. I told him I agree, but to a certain degree that is necessary because it focuses the action on such a large map with only 10-20 players. So we eventually compromised that it should show people doing objectives somehow, but that tracking them should require more effort, as you say. Star Wars Galaxies (showing my age here) had bounty hunting similar to what you describe, and it worked great.

These ideas are wonderful, and don't sound like they would take much effort to implement really. We already have off the radar, so we know they can hide people. The thing is, they won't. Their entire economy is based around harrassing people that are trying to make money. To make it possible to make money, but as frustrating as possible so you want to pick up those shark cards. So the global bullseye on your rear end will probably remain indefinitely.

P.S: The Gunrunning patch added bounty hunting (in the GTA sense) back in already.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Another cool thing I found about the bunker is that you can enter even with a wanted level, unlike your regular garages. Was testing out the APC SAM and got to 5 stars when I ran out of missles(60 is the count). Ended up near my bunker and wasn't really expecting to to let me in so I was going to ramp over it and make my stand in the desert, but it just popped right up

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Arsonide posted:

So we eventually compromised that it should show people doing objectives somehow, but that tracking them should require more effort,

Isn't there an optional activity a VIP can start where you try to hunt him down in a circle? Basically do that for all people running crates/cars/supplies?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Another cool thing I found about the bunker is that you can enter even with a wanted level, unlike your regular garages. Was testing out the APC SAM and got to 5 stars when I ran out of missles(60 is the count). Ended up near my bunker and wasn't really expecting to to let me in so I was going to ramp over it and make my stand in the desert, but it just popped right up

The MOC acts the same way, it's basically a "get out of jail" card free, on wheels. Cause all the havoc you want near it, get a six star if you want, then duck in and instantly remove them.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Cheap Shot posted:

Is there still zero information on how favourite bike is determined? Googling gives me the impression that it's a broken mechanic.

Do a bunch of contact missions with it. And you have to have it out before you begin, since you can't call it in a mission. But that seems to force the favorite bike to change.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Domestic Amuse posted:

The thermal sight does a really great job at lighting up NPCs in their cars, but it's spectacularly poo poo at detecting other players unless you're fairly close in range. It's a shame we can't switch sights on the fly or have a combo nightvision/thermal sight.

In my testing the thermal scope renders *further* than the normal. I was getting floating orange "orbs" and registered hits on people I couldn't see without thermal.

Also, it's toggleable. Press E.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

FuturePastNow posted:

Do a bunch of contact missions with it. And you have to have it out before you begin, since you can't call it in a mission. But that seems to force the favorite bike to change.

This is kind of amazing and game changing and fixes a huge unsolved problem if true. This works every time?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Let's run some contact missions for science. The other idea I heard is get on your bike, rubberband your controller or weight a keyboard key, and go to sleep. I'd prefer the contact mission route.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You're probably hosed if you've won like 50 races on a sanchez or drag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Zigmidge posted:

This is kind of amazing and game changing and fixes a huge unsolved problem if true. This works every time?

I rubberbanded my gamepad to drive it in a circle for hours at LSIA in passive mode.

Worked for me :iiam:

• Locked thread