Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
just sell merchandise on the goddamn internet.

I'd totes buy a waterpistol of rick's gun even just so I could fill it with vodka and shoot myself in the mouth with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

FuhrerHat posted:

I don't want to say I'm disappointed or perplexed about y'all, but some of you clearly learned more from Morty than Rick.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Morty is the best character

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Rick is a demented, depressed, psychopathic, suicidal egomaniac, so yeah, the lessons I choose to glean from him have their limits, thanks.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

mutata posted:

Rick is a demented, depressed, psychopathic, suicidal egomaniac, so yeah, the lessons I choose to glean from him have their limits, thanks.

Spoken like a true Morty

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Motherfucker posted:

just sell merchandise on the goddamn internet.

It's not a merchandising scheme, it's a promotional event. Making the products harder to get is the entire point.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
What you were supposed to learn from rick was to get rickety rickety wrecked son!

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

What you were supposed to learn from rick was to get rickety rickety wrecked son!

This guy gets it.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

mutata posted:

Rick Did Nothing Wrong

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Today was the day that Rick truly became Grandpa.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rexides posted:

Spoken like a true Morty

We just keep him around because he's fun. Look at him go!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
So I saw a comment on another site that mentioned that from Morty and his family's perspective, at the start of the series Rick had been out of their lives for years (possibly before the kids were born?), but later on, there's a flashback where Rick remembers coming to visit baby Morty.

Can anyone confirm for me:
- the episode where the flashback happens
- if Rick being around to see Morty as a child actually contradicts Beth's statement or if it just means Rick disappeared a little later than assumed?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

So I saw a comment on another site that mentioned that from Morty and his family's perspective, at the start of the series Rick had been out of their lives for years (possibly before the kids were born?), but later on, there's a flashback where Rick comes to visit baby Morty.

Can anyone confirm for me:
- the episode where the flashback happens
- if Rick being around to see Morty as a child actually contradicts Beth's statement or if it just means Rick disappeared a little later than assumed?

It's not a flashback, but a photo of Rick holding up a baby Morty. It's in "Get Schwifty" when Morty is at Bird Person's nest.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It's not a flashback, but a photo of Rick holding up a baby Morty. It's in "Get Schwifty" when Morty is at Bird Person's nest.

Wow, that was fast. Thanks!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

There's also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1dYjPUUSw

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

There is a flashback in Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind. When he's having his brain probed by the remote controlled Rick, you see Morty as a baby.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I think it's likely that Rick discovered another Rick (or all of them) and found out he needed his own Morty. So he finally went back to meet baby Morty when he was born but then left again until Morty was ready.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I always sort of imagined that Baby Morty was passed out in his crib while Summer and Beth were out shopping and Jerry was supposed to be baby-sitting and Rick portal-guns in, takes Baby Morty all over the multi-verse showing off his perfect baby grandson all over, stopped to take a few pictures here and there for Bird Person and Squanchy (The dreaded SasSquantch) and dumped Morty gently back in his crib before anyone notices.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
My theory is that the show creators don't give a poo poo about continuity and just make up funny stuff as they go along

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Especially when they've already established that multiverse theory is absolutely a thing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

My theory is that the show creators don't give a poo poo about continuity and just make up funny stuff as they go along

But theeeeerrooooiiieeesssss!!! It all just be literal!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bust Rodd posted:

I always sort of imagined that Baby Morty was passed out in his crib while Summer and Beth were out shopping and Jerry was supposed to be baby-sitting and Rick portal-guns in, takes Baby Morty all over the multi-verse showing off his perfect baby grandson all over, stopped to take a few pictures here and there for Bird Person and Squanchy (The dreaded SasSquantch) and dumped Morty gently back in his crib before anyone notices.

"Perfect"? Not so sure about that.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

That picture of morty is multiple thousands of decades old, as rick's inability to commit quantum suicide has led to countless timeshifted mishaps along a central finite curve of universes and all the other secondary ricks and mortys are a product of some ur-rick who long came to regret all the decisions hes ever made and the only thing fuelling him is the hope that the next morty brongs with it that sweet release of death he longs for and can't have. Every rick that dies is nwver the true rick because the true rick can't die. Surviving even the physical death of his actual body.

Squanchy and bird person are really old and just along for the ride before dying on Ricks nightmare quantum rollercoaster ride to suicide.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

you ever seen those parody posters of the Indian "ideal boy" doing things like smoking pot, promoting anarchy, or basically not being an Ideal Boy?

well, turns out the artist thinks like us:

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

The Glumslinger posted:

I thought we were still talking about Battle Bots :shobon:

What about sumo 'bots?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCqxOzKNFks

:kimchi:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jesus, they move so fast! :3:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love the two that lock together and start smoking before one is defeated.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Baronjutter posted:

I love the two that lock together and start smoking before one is defeated.

My favorite is the one who ducked to one side and let the other guy charge out of the ring.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's really loving cool

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

At 4:08 one changes direction so quickly it throws out its own batteries.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Justin Roiland is on Geek & Sundry right now: https://www.twitch.tv/geekandsundry

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

except michael cera is too old now. arrested development era cera would be perfect

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

except michael cera is too old now. arrested development era cera would be perfect

Ugh, cera. He's such a birdnosed douchenozzel.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He's great

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

moolchaba posted:

Ugh, cera. He's such a birdnosed douchenozzel.

I think you meant Jesse Eisenberg. You know, the guy Cera would be if he had no sense of humor, was pretentious and zero social skills.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

I honestly can't tell the difference between Jessie Eisenburg and Michael Cera. I've seen entire movies thinking one of them was the actor when it was the other.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I like the cut-off Wilhelm screams at 3:40.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Wife bought me a thing.

I've got our 2 year old saying "look at meeeeee" with it.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

eyebeem posted:

Wife bought me a thing.

I've got our 2 year old saying "look at meeeeee" with it.

If you don't post video or at the least audio of this it will be a crime against all of humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Welp, its Summer.