Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

hifi posted:

there's some nice restaurants in the scottsdale area

worse quality and more expensive than restaurants in downtown phoenix you say?

Edit: I love MAF the person and he put out some spectacular performances during the playoffs but with Murray waiting in the wings and all but guaranteed the starting spot (being Sully's golden child and all) he's better off leaving on a high note and granting the Pens all that sweet, sweet cap space (although I'm an expansion draft dunce so correct me if this assumption is wrong.)

Neitherman fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HookShot posted:

How do you manage to make an egg white omelette that still comes out to 580 calories is what I want to know JFC.

It's not just the omelet, so it's probably counting the toast (and butter) on that. Also cheese is high in fat, even if it is sheep or goats (assuming 100g serving, feta has ~21 grams of fat).

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

ElwoodCuse posted:

All I saw about the new ones was that the replicas were actually going to be Fanatics branded and only the authentics would be Adidas. And yeah, the "retail authentic" Reebok jerseys were garbage. River City and I think Ice Jerseys specifically carried Canadian-made "on-ice authentic" in the more popular styles and teams for an extra charge. I seem to recall the Penguins team store mixing these styles at the same price point and no indication that either was any different. They're weird like that, their replica jerseys are a mix of screen-printed and fully-sewn numbers with no difference in price or stock, I went through a couple racks of Crosby jerseys to find a sewn one.

Yep. I'm reeeeeeeealy interested to see how the Fanatics replicas turn out. I'm guessing hot garbage you would expect from the sports section at Target or Walmart.

And I hear you on the mix and match in the team store. I found a canadian Authentic Malkin on the rack mixed in with the junk one time I was in there.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
In case any of you non pens fans don't realize this, every person in Pittsburgh is looking at that extra cap space Fleury leaving would grant us and thinking about a dynasty.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The following's a list of talented goalies, some of whom are HOF worthy, who have never won a cup.
Tony Esposito
Esposito actually has his name on the cup once. He dressed as back-up for the 4 games of the finals in '69.

Whether you count that as 'winning a cup' is up to you.

deoju fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 20, 2017

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

that's cool that he can still play after this, which is one of the ugliest on ice injuries i've seen that didn't involve a skate slashing an artery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuBltcjYewg

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

One of the biggest soccer teams in the world fired one of its best players via text message last week. This is a pro result in the sports world.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

hifi posted:

here's the menu for the place shane doan got let go at https://s3.amazonaws.com/cos-firstwatch/production/april-2017-menus/FirstWatchMenu_LiveH4_WEB.pdf

$10 avocado toast = high class. i personally would get the power wrap or splurge on the smoked salmon eggs benedict

drat millennials and their avocado toast

Doan is a cheap headshotting gently caress nugget so gently caress him

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Shane Doan't Got a Job Anymore Ha Ha

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Reminder of this week's schedule:

https://twitter.com/THWMark/status/877143660164517889

Benson Cunningham posted:

In case any of you non pens fans don't realize this, every person in Pittsburgh is looking at that extra cap space Fleury leaving would grant us and thinking about a dynasty.

Two straight Stanley Cups AND getting to shed an albatross contract (albeit one which contributed heavily to the second Cup win) is like a slam dunk followed by an and one.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

bewbies posted:

One of the biggest soccer teams in the world fired one of its best players via text message last week. This is a pro result in the sports world.

who

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

Reminder of this week's schedule:

https://twitter.com/THWMark/status/877143660164517889

Two straight Stanley Cups AND getting to shed an albatross contract (albeit one which contributed heavily to the second Cup win) is like a slam dunk followed by an and one.

They forgot complaining about the award winners Wednesday.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
So are we going to have to wait for like 8p EST for the jerseys to drop tonight or are they coming out sometime during the day?

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Jovial Cow posted:

So are we going to have to wait for like 8p EST for the jerseys to drop tonight or are they coming out sometime during the day?

Unless they leak you're waiting.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The new Canucks jersey leaked.

A little dark, but really suits the team.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Powershift posted:

That's an interesting take on the old black jerseys. I like it.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The greatest sports firing was when the Braves manager found out he was fired because he got an email changing his return flight from a road trip

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

That's an interesting take on the old black jerseys. I like it.

Kinda strange, they'll also have special jerseys just for the playoffs.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Powershift posted:

Kinda strange, they'll also have special jerseys just for the playoffs.

Those are Oilers colours.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dress for the job you want, i guess.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I had a weird dream that the Hurricanes signed Shattenkirk. I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen, and I have no idea why I'd have that dream.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

I had a weird dream that the Hurricanes signed Shattenkirk. I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen, and I have no idea why I'd have that dream.

Did you fall asleep watching the Star Trek TOS episode where the Enterprise flies into a hurricane?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Aphrodite posted:

Did you fall asleep watching the Star Trek TOS episode where the Enterprise flies into a hurricane?

:allears:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Don't doxx me

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Powershift posted:

Nice of Luca Sbisa to take time out of his schedule to model the new jersey

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
what's with the big outcry over Doan being told "yeah dude sorry not bringing you back, you can have a front office job I guess" and that it was done at a restaurant.

Brian Leetch did far more for the Rangers than Doan ever did for his franchise and Sather traded his rear end without even telling him he was on the trading block.

Doan got paid his money for his services and he got let go in a pretty easy way. The franchise doesn't really owe him anything and they were still better about it than most places would be

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
hockey fans are stupid and believe that their management should be both detached and ruthless enough to make tough decisions, but they also need to be sentimental and do right by the guys who have been on the team for years or whatever.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Levitate posted:

what's with the big outcry over Doan being told "yeah dude sorry not bringing you back, you can have a front office job I guess" and that it was done at a restaurant.

Brian Leetch did far more for the Rangers than Doan ever did for his franchise and Sather traded his rear end without even telling him he was on the trading block.

Doan got paid his money for his services and he got let go in a pretty easy way. The franchise doesn't really owe him anything and they were still better about it than most places would be

i think it's mostly split between thinking the coyotes should have let him play on the 4th line forever until he decided to retire, and some sort of weird dislike of letting him know over a 10 minute meeting at a breakfast place.

i personally think it was fine, and it's not like they screwed him over by waiting until free agency was going on, and looking back he was basically on a show-me deal and he looked every part the 4th liner (at 4-5MM).

If they offered him a million for this year and he turned it down then his agent can just as easily say they were cheaping out on captain coyote, so it was probably going to look bad no matter what. and, are they really going to do all the pomp and circumstance and set up the date to retire his jersey when the way things went down it sounds like he's going to keep playing? Apparently they offered him a front office job but we don't know right now if they had to scramble after the fact when the coyotes beat reporters mentioned that on twitter or not.

His agent is saying what he's saying, but the worst complaint doan seems to have now is they let him got "corporately", which isn't much of doing him dirty like r lam or whoever wants to poo poo on the coyotes seems to think.

edit: ok, "r lam" says to run him over with a truck if he ever cares about what doan feels so replace that with tyler dellow

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Chayka is cool as hell.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So the Mrazek hit pieces have already started in Detroit before he's even gone.

At some point, my team turned into Boston and I didn't even get a cup at Vancouver's expense over it.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

ansar khan wrote one, who wrote the others?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mike_V posted:

Chayka is cool as hell.

he's basically fixed everything wrong with the team in a year and we're 10MM away from the cap floor and just waiting on a breakout year from our ELC guys

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gio posted:

ansar khan wrote one, who wrote the others?

Helene St. James wrote one about how Vegas picking up Mrazek is the best case scenario and Craig Custance wrote for some paid site about Mrazek's :qq: bad attitude :qq: last year.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Saw a possible leak of the BJs jersey, if it's correct not much has changed on it.

Also Minnesota and San Jose are getting new shoulder patches at least.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

LumpyGumby posted:

Also Minnesota and San Jose are getting new shoulder patches at least.

I'm going to be upset if what I saw of a possible middle horizontal stripe on the Minnesota jersey is going to become a reality, because I just got a new set of jerseys for my men's league team in the "current" Minnesota Green/White style.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I don't get why you wouldn't expose Howard unless you really really want Mrazek gone. No one's gonna loving take him anyway.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I don't get why you wouldn't expose Howard unless you really really want Mrazek gone. No one's gonna loving take him anyway.

Pete Mrazek is 25 years old and not married, so he is obviously not mature enough to be a starting NHL goalie

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

VJeff posted:

Helene St. James wrote one about how Vegas picking up Mrazek is the best case scenario and Craig Custance wrote for some paid site about Mrazek's :qq: bad attitude :qq: last year.

looking forward to going back to 40 years of mediocrity

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Does anyone have a link to the nhl discord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://discord.gg/EV4Zh6

You start in the college/accidental post channel so you need to choose the NHL one.

• Locked thread