Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

nah

conservatives don't like voting for fake republicans when they can have the real thing

It's almost like places that are 65% republican are going to vote republican. Sure make blue states left as hell, but what's the point of getting mad that democrats did what it took to win in noted bastions of liberalism Georgia and West Virginia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

It's extremely good though that a person can just flat out say "I do not support a living wage" and win these days lol

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Ossoff

More like f-off

To you

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Okay so how much more hair has Nate Silver lost? More predictive than polls.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

weekly font posted:

someone post the triggering election night gif

No don't uggghhh

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

fits my needs posted:

Okay so how much more hair has Nate Silver lost? More predictive than polls.

the hair patches remaining resemble the phillipines

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

nah

conservatives don't like voting for fake republicans when they can have the real thing

people in dixie will happily support any economic program you want

you just have to be willing to ditch the cra / tolerate de facto and / or de jure racial discrimination

cultural conservatism (getting to do other types of discrimination as well) also helps

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/perlmutations/status/876980693137375232

:eyepop:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
ossoff? more like lost the runoff

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

deathbysnusnu posted:

It's almost like places that are 65% republican are going to vote republican. Sure make blue states left as hell, but what's the point of getting mad that democrats did what it took to win in noted bastions of liberalism Georgia and West Virginia.
Because they aren't winning. You can't build a base with slightly-less-right candidates. The Blue Dogs were the first to go in 2010. You have to provide people with a real alternative. Get your base excited, then you have a place to try and persuade others from. This is why the Republicans have gained in the last 6 years. Not because there are more conservatives, but because conservatives will always vote for them.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

republican idiots will keep voting for republicans who will actively pass measures to kill off said voters by letting them stay poor and die of opioid addiction

this is canon

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

yeah be happy he closed an 18pt gap but he probably ain't gonna win.

*loses every race in 2018 by 1%*

heh we've got em right where we want em boys

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Nuclearmonkee posted:

It's extremely good though that a person can just flat out say "I do not support a living wage" and win these days lol

I can't afford to eat but I'm gonna trigger those libs. *pulls lever that drops the floor out, plunging him into an alligator pit*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

deathbysnusnu posted:

the 50 state strat was poop from a butt tho

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Lastgirl posted:

Power Causes Brain Damage

hi day crew,

here is an article that you should read

several quotes from the article, if you will indulge

:frogon:

:smugdon:

:smugdon:

Power makes you smooth brained but thats okay, we need smoothbrained leaders right?

:abuela:

love,
nite crew

ps you smell like milk lmebo loser

That was a cool article, went well with my milk. Also there was another cool article linked in the side bar:

Why It Pays to Be a Jerk
New research confirms what they say about nice guys.

James honed a definition that he finally published in his 2012 book, Assholes: A Theory. Formally stated, “The rear end in a top hat (1) allows himself to enjoy special advantages and does so systematically; (2) does this out of an entrenched sense of entitlement; and (3) is immunized by his sense of entitlement against the complaints of other people.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/06/why-it-pays-to-be-a-jerk/392066/

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

dressing sharp is a capitalist conspiracy

nah every culture since like the beginning of history has had some form of considered-nicer adornment so im content calling it human nature

we should make the niceties available to all tho

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/877204691851108353

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

weekly font posted:

I can't afford to eat but I'm gonna trigger those libs. *pulls lever that drops the floor out, plunging him into an alligator pit*

Well the people who live in GA6 are more of the "I'm pulling the ladder up behind me fygm" types

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i can't believe people feel bad for an idiot kid who willingly went to north korea. lmao

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

post your map pollingnumbers

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

rear end cobra posted:

ossoff? more like lost the runoff

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

a centrist dem losing :O

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FactsAreUseless posted:

Because they aren't winning. You can't build a base with slightly-less-right candidates. The Blue Dogs were the first to go in 2010. You have to provide people with a real alternative. Get your base excited, then you have a place to try and persuade others from. This is why the Republicans have gained in the last 6 years. Not because there are more conservatives, but because conservatives will always vote for them.

bingo

you don't see conservatives hemming and hawing about making ideological sacrifices by voting for their leaders

they get em pumped up about poo poo they actually like and even sometimes try to implement it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

weekly font posted:

Disney Local government builds monument commemorating the heroic act.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Chokes McGee posted:

*loses every race in 2018 by 1%*

heh we've got em right where we want em boys

Democrats are Marco Rubio

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

weak president too afraid to bomb north korea. sad!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Not only is talking first strike like that really dumb, it's also the source of all the President's ideas channel.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Karl Barks posted:

a centrist dem losing :O

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

republican voters vote for death yet again, shocker

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

im being instagrammed by the PEEtus

"it should never be allowed to happen"

CNN Chyron Guy: (it happened)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

most of them don't actually give a poo poo about an "alternative", they just want to own the libs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So, active duty posters, do you hope you are sent to invade North Korea, Iran, or become yet another body to confuse the horror situation in Syria?

In case it isn't obvious, "none of the above" isn't an option, though with Trump it cannot be ruled out that we invade Panama or some poo poo

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they get em pumped up about poo poo they actually like and even sometimes try to implement it

believing in things is hard. it's easier to just make noises about them and collect wall st checks

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
voting is broken, and it's gay.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

FactsAreUseless posted:

how do you do that when in a large area of the country people associate anything left-wing economically past social security/medicare with "helping lazy people and blacks"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ossof's gonna lose, because he's a centrist and that's the only thing centrists are capable of doing

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

NORK AND NIMBY: WILL NOONE HELP OUR WAYWARD SON?
Anyone Who Says No Is Probably No Angel Themselves

by Lucien Drape-Runners

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the problem is that those things tend to be universally horrible

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yinlock posted:

republican voters vote for death yet again, shocker

Why are you shocked that people will vote for conviction and confidence over pragmatism and being as milquetoast as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Typo posted:

how do you do that when in a large area of the country people associate anything left-wing economically past social security/medicare with "helping lazy people and blacks"

Facts are useless

• Locked thread