Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Hockles posted:

I'm going to be upset if what I saw of a possible middle horizontal stripe on the Minnesota jersey is going to become a reality, because I just got a new set of jerseys for my men's league team in the "current" Minnesota Green/White style.

That blows, sorry guy. At least you'll still look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I don't get the big fuss here. Mrazek is 25 and put up a .901 last year. That's a point worse than Kari Lehtonen. His career progression is starting to look like Eddie Lack. He's getting paid $4m next year, and they'll have to qualify him with a similar number to retain his RFA rights. I don't think Jimmy Howard is elite, but his legendarily bad year was also still better than that. The team's bad and needs a rebuild, but Mrazek is looking more like a soon-to-be-journeyman than the ready-to-start backups like Talbot and Jones, whose price isn't too high.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Zodijackylite posted:

I don't get the big fuss here. Mrazek is 25 and put up a .901 last year. That's a point worse than Kari Lehtonen. His career progression is starting to look like Eddie Lack. He's getting paid $4m next year, and they'll have to qualify him with a similar number to retain his RFA rights. I don't think Jimmy Howard is elite, but his legendarily bad year was also still better than that. The team's bad and needs a rebuild, but Mrazek is looking more like a soon-to-be-journeyman than the ready-to-start backups like Talbot and Jones, whose price isn't too high.

The issue is there was literally no reason to expose Mrazek because Vegas wasn't going to take Howard regardless, and the Wings could still have gotten something for an asset they're almost certainly going to lose for free now

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I have so much to add here, beyond terrible asset management compounded by media lapdogs.

Petr Mrazek not being married is actually a big factor in this.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Zodijackylite posted:

He's a career .913 over 3500+ shots, his 901 last year was almost certainly an outlier

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
A real team would wait until the player is already gone before they start with the media hit pieces :colbert:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

grack posted:

A real team would wait until the player is already gone before they start with the media hit pieces :colbert:

Not everyone can be Boston

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

For some reason Detroit thinks wings fans care how many Michigan born/american born players are on the team

They don't seem to understand that Wings fans only care about winning

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

hockey fans are stupid and believe that their management should be both detached and ruthless enough to make tough decisions, but they also need to be sentimental and do right by the guys who have been on the team for years or whatever.

I want GMBM to fire Brooks Orpik into the sun and also to make sure that Ovi is a career Capital. What part of that is stupid?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

For some reason Detroit thinks wings fans care how many Michigan born/american born players are on the team

They don't seem to understand that Wings fans only care about winning

Yeah, a lot of management groups seem to think that way and I've never fully understood it. If the team is good, having a local boy or two is cool. If the team is bad, no one gives a poo poo how many locals are on the team they just want them to be good again. In the end just like winner regardless of nationality. It's really not a hard concept, but a lot (read: Canadian) of teams seem to struggle with it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Zodijackylite posted:

Mrazek was surrounded by an absolutely godfuckingawful team last year, you really can't blame that on him.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Yeah, a lot of management groups seem to think that way and I've never fully understood it. If the team is good, having a local boy or two is cool. If the team is bad, no one gives a poo poo how many locals are on the team they just want them to be good again. In the end just like winner regardless of nationality. It's really not a hard concept, but a lot (read: Canadian) of teams seem to struggle with it.

The Senators love that poo poo, it's infuriating

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

As punishment for failure, the Predators are condemned to wear this.

https://www.nhl.com/predators/video/preds-new-home-adidas-jersey/t-277437416/c-52254903

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

local boy jake virtanen has provided endless entertainment for canucks fans tho

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The shoulders look weird

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Well so far this is off to a bad start.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
What in the gently caress is going on with those lines through the numbers.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Kilza posted:

It's hideous.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

grack posted:

They already had those. I can only assume they are guitar strings.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

grack posted:

I think they're supposed to be guitar strings

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only person who can get away with that much unbroken color is Superman.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The collar is so incredibly ugly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And Batman I guess.

And the Flash.

I didn't think this through.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Kilza posted:

man i'm normally pretty ambivalent about jersey changes, but this is just bad. shame too b/c the preds currently have one of the best jerseys in the league imo

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Kilza posted:

So RBK added the awful V thing. Addidas added the awful collar inlay. What the gently caress is with the neck region urgh

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Bring piping back

it's fine

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I won't be surprised if the Pens sign Doan on the cheap to take Cullen's role

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

these new jerseys look like those uncomfortable shirts that your mum made you wear to church

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Oh man, those Preds jerseys are just awful

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i think the jersey looks fine but they should have added dark blue shoulderpads kind of how the oilers one currently looks like

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

I won't be surprised if the Pens sign Doan on the cheap to take Cullen's role

They're not signing a fossil winger. If they go that route they'd just sign Kunitz back.

e: I guess they're going the New York Islanders practice jersey route with that new Preds jersey.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Xtanstic posted:

So RBK added the awful V thing. Addidas added the awful collar inlay. What the gently caress is with the neck region urgh

Nike did that with football jerseys too.

Those look like piano keys, I wonder if each team is going to have gimmick stuff.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I think it looks fine. The biggest plus is that there are not three stripes down the sides under the arm and if Nashville can say gently caress off then the Rangers should be able to as well.

Also I don't know why everyone is freaking out about the guitar strings/piano keys. The reebok jerseys had the same thing. All that's really different is the piping and collarbone accents are gone.

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 20, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/b1rky/status/877240394475597825

That's better.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Whatever. Just get rid of the terrible arch 3rd jersey forever in exchange for the light blue ones.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

They're not signing a fossil winger. If they go that route they'd just sign Kunitz back.

e: I guess they're going the New York Islanders practice jersey route with that new Preds jersey.

Hahaha you say that as if they're not going to re-sign Kunitz

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Dang I thought the guitar pick / state of Tennessee logo on the old Preds jerseys was cool, shame thats gone

Blues looks decent

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Dang I thought the guitar pick / state of Tennessee logo on the old Preds jerseys was cool, shame thats gone

Blues looks decent

Good news!

https://twitter.com/icethetics/status/877238652006408192

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

More of an epaulet now. It'll probably show up vaguely okay on TV or from the second deck but ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Thats a relief but from the front it still looks like a Minion costume

• Locked thread