Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

I've made it clear that the Suns are my "other" team so you've finally figured me out. Ugh.

1) Maine Red Claws
2) University Of Phoenix Feral Cats
3a) Boston Seltics
3b) Phoenix Suns
4) Denver Nuggets
0) wheresoever Danny Ainge might go so CBM will follow

For many a New England year you only pretended to enjoy the local squads, all the while a thirst for the dry southwest heat lurked inside you like one of the many Stephen King monstrosities which haunt the region. You have an elaborate mythos and it leaves the new posters baffled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
If the Knicks ruin poor Devin Booker's life I will never forgive them

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

1) Maine Red Claws
2) University Of Phoenix Feral Cats
3a) Boston Seltics
3b) Phoenix Suns
4) Denver Nuggets
0) wheresoever Danny Ainge might go so CBM will follow

For many a New England year you only pretended to enjoy the local squads, all the while a thirst for the dry southwest heat lurked inside you like one of the many Stephen King monstrosities which haunt the region. You have an elaborate mythos and it leaves the new posters baffled

I march to the beat of my own drum. This is scarily accreate and I appreciate you.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I don't hate that

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Everyone on earth is verified on twitter and I don't trust a bozo named John Gabagool

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/877152106301489152

I don't know what it looks like. I'm still not a fan in the least of jersey patches but I guess it could be way worse than Fitbit.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Everyone on earth is verified on twitter and I don't trust a bozo named John Gabagool

He's a doofus but he's got legit sources

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/877152106301489152

I don't know what it looks like. I'm still not a fan in the least of jersey patches but I guess it could be way worse than Fitbit.

That's true

Space Camp fuckup posted:

He's a doofus but he's got legit sources

No!!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

This is maybe the only thing in the league where Charlotte will come out ahead of everyone else

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

EvanTH posted:

you mean like this kinda cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDiwmqRWZBU&t=107s
or like this kinda cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-23r2TLNA0

crazy 2 me that your all-time favorite player was Danny Ainge on the Phoenix Suns and you started rooting for Boston just to support his GM career. Wild!

those are some elite tier 90s nba vids. i was like HOW was that ainge shot not #1?? Then I see chris "mother fuckin" jackson hit a gamewinner

and the beautiful bean footage with the Diceman clip at the end? Steam me up and serve me hot!! you cant tell me that multi sport thrower didnt do that poo poo with pounds of purpose

edit: still laughing at ainge, shoot your shot

Brolander fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 20, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
It's going to be great when they go back on their word in a few years and only sell jerseys with ads.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Spacebump posted:

It's going to be great when they go back on their word in a few years and only sell jerseys with ads.

Apparently the team store in Orlando will sell some jerseys with Disney ads on them but that's maybe only because hard-core Disney fans are psychos who will buy anything

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Spacebump posted:

"The fans are extremely excited about this opportunity to connect with national brands on a local level"

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

euphronius posted:

What about signing Derrick Rose ? Would he fit ?

Keep Rondo and add Rose, we could call it "Connect 4"

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I like the Cavs Goodyear logo because it is shoes with wings and looks like the icon from NBA Live in the early 00's that signified the player was a High Flyer (the only players to play with imho).

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Spring Break My Heart posted:

What the hell are the Knicks even hoping for.

For every other team in the league to forget how to shoot from long range, pass, or run modern defense.

There basketball strategy seems to be to wish that everything that has changed in basketball for the past 20 years is revealed to just be a fad.

Strangely enough, basketball is copying politics, where New York City, supposedly the world's most cosmopolitan and modern city, is the source of the world's greatest regressiveness and parochialism.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

What do you think is the worlds most cosmopolitan city

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RCarr posted:

This is me.

Don't forget this subsequent tweet:

https://twitter.com/JADubin5/status/877221825331290112

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lol that guy wasn't even a full-time basketball player in college, he also played football.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

That's... not terrible?

Brolander posted:

those are some loving elite tier 90s nba vids. i was like HOW was that ainge shot not #1?? Then I see chris "mother fuckin" jackson hit a gamewinner

and the beautiful bean footage with the Diceman clip at the end? Steam me up and serve me hot!! you cant tell me that multi sport thrower didnt do that poo poo with pounds of purpose

Yah the Ainge one I think was a quarter-ender. I have some memory of an Ainge 3/4 court baseball throw that went in but I might be imagining it since I don't see the clip anywhere and I found that instead. The Jackson/Abdul-Rauf shot was a game-winner and Phil was right that guy's shooting was the proto-Steph

glowing-fish posted:

Strangely enough, basketball is copying politics, where New York City, supposedly the world's most cosmopolitan and modern city, is the source of the world's greatest regressiveness and parochialism.

ahhh yes the Brand New Phenomenon of NYC producing world-champion rear end in a top hat politicians and utterly lovely rich dudes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boss_Tweed

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what odds will yall give me on the spurs' jersey sponsor being HEB

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

also i thought fitbit had gone out of business

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Devin Booker and the fourth pick for Porzingis sounds like it'll work out for everyone, so it won't happen

that said, Booker, the #4 pick and the #8 pick could be really good in like four years

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I'd give up just about any player and pick for KP. If Booker were included it kind of puts the Suns right back where they were though, trying to build around one player unless one of Chriss/Bender/Warren really turns it up or something

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

maybe Timmy the nerd can swing a deal with Marvel. Get some Punisher skulls on those black & silvers
Whataburger is also an option rip Dejuan Blair

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/877237029183995906

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLiine/status/877237868011433984

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

CANT TRADE THE LAKERS PICK

rip

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
wow sinful. Thou shalt not covet my lakers pick

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Shear Modulus posted:

also i thought fitbit had gone out of business

I wish they did because their products are poo poo.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eh, at this point I'm not opposed to this. Any first rounder is good at this point.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I know it's gonna be boring and nobody will care but Portland almost certainly is going to move someone with their picks and I am really excited to see it.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Someone is gonna take on one or more of Meyers Leonard, Evan Turner or Allan Crabbe and personally I can't wait.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I know Luke Ridnour retired last year but I still think the teams should trade him a few more times for the hell of it

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

I could also see Whataburger going for it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lol go do it Magic

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol deangelo banished to Indianapolis
Also that makes Lonzo a shoe in at 2

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Russell and the 28 isn't a bad haul for the timeline we're living in.

euphronius posted:

Also that makes Lonzo a shoe in at 2

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

Russell and the 28 isn't a bad haul for the timeline we're living in.

It's really good for "rental" value imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Yes, Phil, burn it all to the ground before you gently caress off to Montana or wherever you smoke your weed and look at wild horse paintings.

• Locked thread