Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Franchescanado posted:

The ocean is right before he walks into the room with the woman with no eyes. He stares at the ocean for a while, then walks through the door into the room with her, then the section you're talking about happens.

skasion posted:

Before this, when he first arrived outside the purple room, he's on like a balcony overlooking this endless ocean.
Oh, my bad :doh:

Here you go:

I cropped off the very top part because of that weird black pixel that always shows up whenever I fullscreen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Thanks for explaining that. I never would have noticed Booper pronouncing "very" backwards.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh, my bad :doh:

Here you go:

I cropped off the very top part because of that weird black pixel that always shows up whenever I fullscreen.

Woah, now that I see it again, I see faint outlines of an eye in that frame, probably Laura's.

edit: It's probably bullshit, but I'll post this anyway:

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 20, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Looks like a Fish song to me

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Evil Cooper is both the two fish and Blue Fish. Get on my Lynchian/Seussian level.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

LawfulWaffle posted:

likely due to the influence of tainted genetic code

Evil is hereditary, kids. If your parents are evil, you're probably also evil. :godwin:

There were definitely some trauma-vibes from Diane, and evil Cooper visiting a comatose Audrey also sounds pretty bad. Honestly, I just find it really hard to swallow that all this poo poo is Cooper's fault. He wasn't supposed to gently caress up this badly. :ohdear:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I was hoping they would have talked about Pete by now and how he died from bad coffee (and blunt force trauma)

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Pete blew up.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So they turned the Man From Another Place into a tree and gave Harry cancer. What do you think they're gonna do to Donna?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Solice Kirsk posted:

So they turned the Man From Another Place into a tree and gave Harry cancer. What do you think they're gonna do to Donna?

Didn't LFB already do enough to herself?

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

:drat:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

moist turtleneck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4I6mMilmio

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

moist turtleneck posted:

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I'm three episodes into the new series.

poo poo's all fuckey.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

KillerQueen posted:

I'm three episodes into the new series.

poo poo's all fuckey.
Spoiler: It doesn't get any less so :v:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Twin Peaks Revival 2017: Didn't LFB already do enough to herself?

mods, make it happen

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

hawowanlawow posted:

I need a cap of Truman staring up at his wife, so I can post it in response to every theory over three paragraphs long in this thread.

Google just gave me him staring at Wally, which is close enough for me.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

so this is just as of the start of ep 4, but here's what I think is going on so far. Cooper's been stranded in the waiting room listening to backwards talk for 25 years while either BOB or the Doppleganger (or both)
have been taking his shape out for a joy ride, doing his sex-trade/murder thing, and possibly killing off other lodge entities. Whoever's in Coop doesn't want to go back to the lodge despite his time I guess being up, so he sets up or gives birth to Dougie, a hooker-loving real estate agent to take the fall for him when Coop comes back. I think there's some sort of relationship between Dougie and the Evolution of the Left Arm, mostly because Dougie's left arm starts vanishing first, and also because of the shape he takes when he dies.

Meanwhile in New York there's some kind of outfit set up to monitor the ghoulies that come to Earth. It reminds me of the Major from the first series. Cooper passes through on his way back into our world, but is followed by something violent that kills the observer and his friend while they're doing the nasty. I think this entity is what the woman who was capable of talking to Cooper in that one room referred to as "Mother", and I guess probably is following him. Also she can actually just do things in the real world without a host, I forget if BOB or anyone else could do that because it's been a while.

Meanwhile meanwhile, back in Twin Peaks, James has a European friend and a head injury from a car accident. Given the size of his forehead I like to think it was like when an eighteen wheeler drives under a bridge that's too low for it. He has the hots for...someone. I couldn't tell who. Andy and Lucy are still Andy and Lucy, there are two Sheriff Trumans, and everyone comes to Hawk with racist bullshit I mean, the Log Lady calls him saying something about Cooper is missing. The bunny has nothing to do with it.

That's what I got so far.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
You forgot how cool James is/was.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Coop fucks

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

so i just finished fire walk with me movie.
and at 37:15 when bobby talks with laura outside the school there is this song in background

quote:

my good night my girl went away gone of in a world filled with stuff light start keening and the s wire is in the air and the asphalt man all around me. And i look down and my shoes are so far away from me man i cant believe it i got real indication of a laugh/left coming along
40:35 when laura discovers that diary is missing pages and this song was running

quote:

so im going down this street,
and im trying not to smile
because this street is where im going and the curve gets decide
by this sewer with the rain goes down
like this girl i knew because this sewer is so long
and she yelled
good laugh before forever
like the night my girl went away
gone of in a world filled with stuff
light start keening and the s wire is in the air and the asphalt
man all around me.
And i look down and my shoes are so far away from me
man i cant believe it
i got real indication of a

So the movie spoils the scene where bad cooper is experiencing serious vertigo while driving.
and the shoe part is pretty obvious.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I love this thread.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god the dude who couldn't believe Diane was assaulted revealing it's just his own weird precious feelings towards Dern was THE loving BEST

This thread is such a gift.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's more baffling than the show by a bit.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i've been watching fire walk with me backwards every day for the last three weeks and wow let me tell you do i have some theories

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

love those Horne brothers

emas

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Oh my god the dude who couldn't believe Diane was assaulted revealing it's just his own weird precious feelings towards Dern was THE loving BEST

Timestamped at 1:27 if it doesn't work:

https://youtu.be/fEHVR9Hj_b0?t=1m27s

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i've been watching fire walk with me backwards every day for the last three weeks and wow let me tell you do i have some theories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RIxmB4MIoA

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Escobarbarian posted:

Who is this about?

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Goddamn some posters here are really missing the loving point, Lynch is clearly making tons of allusions to the grateful dead.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Twin Peaks Revival 2017: Come On Baby Light My Fire Walk With Me

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

TheMaestroso posted:

Who is this about?

I think you, but he's still really steamin mad hours later so his memory of your post may be a little hazy

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
what a strange reading of my post

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS6n2Hx9Ykk

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/p9t4URs.gifv

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play
Did Bad Coop ever say anything else backwards other than the scene with Gordon? Wonder if it could have been a slip up or maybe him taunting Gordon?

Holy poo poo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

hahaha

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

:eyepop: :five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013