Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Memento posted:

Conor has decided he's a free agent as far as apparel sponsorship is concerned, so congratulations to him on another massive payday.

He'll wear Reebok in the UFC if he ever fights in a cage again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Isn't McGregor's entire net worth less than Mayweather makes in one fight?

Like I'm pretty sure Floyd is making more money as a promoter than McGregor does as a fighter

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Rigel posted:

This fight isn't going to be much of a boxing match, its a freakshow.

Well yeah, hence my disappointment that this thread is so much more popular than the one for actual boxing

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mayweather had a six fight deal where he was making $30 million per fight guaranteed as a floor, plus PPV revenue.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Like I'm pretty sure Floyd is making more money as a promoter than McGregor does as a fighter

McGregor is gonna make a huge amount of money for this fight, to go with the large amount of money he already has.

Mayweather is gonna make a LUDICROUS amount of money, to go on top of the ludicrous amount of money he already has.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

WEll last time I checked floyd is a boxer so no, he's broke and owes 19 million dollars to the IRS.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Work Friend Keven posted:

WEll last time I checked floyd is a boxer so no, he's broke and owes 19 million dollars to the IRS.

The Secret means Conor's pictured this for himself and has already taken appropriate action.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

NOTHING IS
IMPOSSIBIF

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I thought that was not actually Edmond but another, much better Armenian boxer

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bluedeanie posted:

I thought that was not actually Edmond but another, much better Armenian boxer

Vic Darchinyan supposedly. Looks more like Edmond to me.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It looks loving exactly like Edmond and not at all like Darchinyan.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

yessss lol

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rigel posted:

This fight isn't going to be much of a boxing match, its a freakshow.

I just want it to top Ur fight or Bellator 148

Not sure if it'll beat any Rizin stuff though.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

If you can dream it, and pay a muralist to draw it... you can do it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like how the green spout makes him look like a stereotypical Irish builder with a pencil behind his ear

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The Secret

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

St Evan Echoes posted:

I like how the green spout makes him look like a stereotypical Irish builder with a pencil behind his ear

the white tube looks like a newspaper under his arm.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lucasar posted:

the white tube looks like a newspaper under his arm.

Oh my god haha

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://theringer.com/five-reasons-to-believe-conor-mcgregor-will-beat-floyd-mayweather-9b127f3b6c5e

Congenital heart defect didn't make the list

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Also literally was told today "Conor is the modern day Rocky" as to how he will win

Couldn't even begin to explain everything wrong with that

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Correct, he's Brad Pitts character from Snatch, NOT rocky.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
5 reasons I would beat floyd mayweather

1 Im going to train very hard to have the strongest muscles possible. ill also try to learn as much as i possibly can about fighting so that i can defeat my opponent
3 i believe in myself. additionally i understand the power of friendship and teamwork
4 goji berry
5 i want tons of money. i want to accumulate immense sums of money. i also want lots of valuable gems

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

#6: Seismic activity can strike at any time.

We all know that Vegas is near enough to the San Andreas fault to where, if the Big One were ever to occur, surely some of the force of the aftershock would be felt as far away as Nevada. Now, Mayweather is renowned for his footwork and crafty movement, but supposing such an earthquake were to hit right as the fight was taking place. At that moment, who's to say Mayweather might not lose his footing, and fall face first into a Conor McGregor right hand? At that point it would be an early night for Mayweather. I'm not saying this event is likely, but it's certainly a factor to keep in mind for the fight, and one that any savvy bettor will take into account going into August 26th.

#7: McGregor's fans are very loud.

Consider the deafening roar of eighty million Irishmen in one room. What man, all-time-great boxer or not, wouldn't be intimidated and thrown off his mental game by such a ruckus? Everyone knows that 90% of outside boxing depends on having a stable balance, but that delicate balance could be thrown off by crowds of passionate McGregor fans assaulting Mayweather's inner ear. Conor McGregor, of course, is well used to the incredible din of his fans, and has even used it to great effect in his MMA career. They don't call him "Holy Noise God" for nothing. Speaking of...

#8: Floyd is a sinner who has divine retribution coming.

Let's face it: God exists. He's a wrathful God. And He does not appreciate men who abuse women, in any way shape or fashion. There can be no doubt in anyone's mind that Floyd Mayweather is on His naughty list, but if that's the case then why wait so long to provide holy punishment against the arrogant Floyd? The answer is simple: God is making sure Floyd Mayweather faces the biggest fall possible. After all, what could possibly be a worse fate than making a nine-figure payday in a fight you then go on to publicly lose? It would be the end of Floyd Mayweather's career and a truly unjust man would finally get the ending to his career he deserves. If you don't think God could do it, just remind yourself of the very real possibility of earthquakes.

#9: North Korea tensions at an all time high.

If you've been following Floyd Mayweather for several decades, as I have, then you already know how important of an issue global stability is to the boxing superstar. Floyd Mayweather infamously retired back in 2007 in protest of George W. Bush's mishandling of the Iraq War and destabilization of the Middle East. With North Korean tensions higher than they've ever been, it's unquestionable that Mayweather will go into the fight preoccupied and distracted. Conor McGregor meanwhile thrives on international conflict, and has even said numerous times that thinking about war makes him better at punching.

#10. McGregor could bring a gun.

Hear me out on this one. Yes, this fight is sanctioned according to boxing rules. Yes, McGregor will surely be checked several times over by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for any signs of an unfair competitive advantage. And yes, it would be terribly unsportsmanlike for McGregor to bring a loaded weapon to a sporting event. But, and this is some real talk here folks, this is a fight more than anything else, and in a fight you do whatever you need to do to win. Just last week a notable boxer won his fight with an illegal punch that was missed by the referee. McGregor would be well-advised to take lessons of that fight, and devise a game plan where he can get off an illegal bullet without the ref catching him.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Please pay me money for my hard hitting sports analysis.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Money. Gems. Jewels. Every advancement, every exploration, every ounce of progress of the human race for 10,000 years has been because of the quest for these items... the lust for them is the most powerful force in history. Stronger, even, than Food Mayweather.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
nobody wants tons of iridescent gems, in every colour and hue you could possibly conceive of, more than conor mcgregor. he may even want them more than his opponent floyd mayweather. i think he does, i think he really wants gemstones more than any other fighter alive. they say the sly hawk hides its talons but floyd mayweather has already shown his by collecting vast amounts of money and becoming extraordinarily wealthy. i think he doesnt have the same level of hunger for extremely valuable gems that he perhaps used to in the past and that will be his downfall

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

That classic mistake of veteran fighters, not desiring gems more than life, more than love, more than anything. At any cost, gemstones.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

I.N.R.I posted:

nobody wants tons of iridescent gems, in every colour and hue you could possibly conceive of, more than conor mcgregor. he may even want them more than his opponent floyd mayweather. i think he does, i think he really wants gemstones more than any other fighter alive. they say the sly hawk hides its talons but floyd mayweather has already shown his by collecting vast amounts of money and becoming extraordinarily wealthy. i think he doesnt have the same level of hunger for extremely valuable gems that he perhaps used to in the past and that will be his downfall

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Lol

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Goddamnit Ninth your take was so hot my phone melted. I'll accept 750 cash or a 100 bet slip on Conor from the Westgate.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Let us think of Alfred's "man who only wants to watch the world burn". What was his sin, his act, so insane that the only possible explanation is inhuman madness? he gave away gemstones.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Idgi unless youre talking about Gemstone a dancer at the strip club Floyd just opened

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 20, 2017

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

The SituAsian posted:

Idgi unless youre talking about Gemstone a dancer at the strip club Floyd just opened

It's actually a woman who work's at Anthony Pettis' bar. Pettis' uncle introduced her to Conor and they're going to have a baby soon.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

#6: Seismic activity can strike at any time.

We all know that Vegas is near enough to the San Andreas fault to where, if the Big One were ever to occur, surely some of the force of the aftershock would be felt as far away as Nevada. Now, Mayweather is renowned for his footwork and crafty movement, but supposing such an earthquake were to hit right as the fight was taking place. At that moment, who's to say Mayweather might not lose his footing, and fall face first into a Conor McGregor right hand? At that point it would be an early night for Mayweather. I'm not saying this event is likely, but it's certainly a factor to keep in mind for the fight, and one that any savvy bettor will take into account going into August 26th.

#7: McGregor's fans are very loud.

Consider the deafening roar of eighty million Irishmen in one room. What man, all-time-great boxer or not, wouldn't be intimidated and thrown off his mental game by such a ruckus? Everyone knows that 90% of outside boxing depends on having a stable balance, but that delicate balance could be thrown off by crowds of passionate McGregor fans assaulting Mayweather's inner ear. Conor McGregor, of course, is well used to the incredible din of his fans, and has even used it to great effect in his MMA career. They don't call him "Holy Noise God" for nothing. Speaking of...

#8: Floyd is a sinner who has divine retribution coming.

Let's face it: God exists. He's a wrathful God. And He does not appreciate men who abuse women, in any way shape or fashion. There can be no doubt in anyone's mind that Floyd Mayweather is on His naughty list, but if that's the case then why wait so long to provide holy punishment against the arrogant Floyd? The answer is simple: God is making sure Floyd Mayweather faces the biggest fall possible. After all, what could possibly be a worse fate than making a nine-figure payday in a fight you then go on to publicly lose? It would be the end of Floyd Mayweather's career and a truly unjust man would finally get the ending to his career he deserves. If you don't think God could do it, just remind yourself of the very real possibility of earthquakes.

#9: North Korea tensions at an all time high.

If you've been following Floyd Mayweather for several decades, as I have, then you already know how important of an issue global stability is to the boxing superstar. Floyd Mayweather infamously retired back in 2007 in protest of George W. Bush's mishandling of the Iraq War and destabilization of the Middle East. With North Korean tensions higher than they've ever been, it's unquestionable that Mayweather will go into the fight preoccupied and distracted. Conor McGregor meanwhile thrives on international conflict, and has even said numerous times that thinking about war makes him better at punching.

#10. McGregor could bring a gun.

Hear me out on this one. Yes, this fight is sanctioned according to boxing rules. Yes, McGregor will surely be checked several times over by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for any signs of an unfair competitive advantage. And yes, it would be terribly unsportsmanlike for McGregor to bring a loaded weapon to a sporting event. But, and this is some real talk here folks, this is a fight more than anything else, and in a fight you do whatever you need to do to win. Just last week a notable boxer won his fight with an illegal punch that was missed by the referee. McGregor would be well-advised to take lessons of that fight, and devise a game plan where he can get off an illegal bullet without the ref catching him.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
conor mcregor should train with rhonda rousey, who could beat floyd mayweather in a fight

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I could beat them both up. Marketability =/= ability

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

sleep with the vicious posted:

conor mcregor should train with rhonda rousey, who could beat floyd mayweather in a fight

Ronda would easily beat Floyd under judo rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

She wouldn't be the first woman Floyd's choked out.

• Locked thread