Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thin Privilege posted:

Final Fantasy VII sucks, it IS a fact :smugbert:

It's not bad at all people are jerks about it grrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Youtube is recommending to me a video called "Fallout 3 Is Garbage And Here's Why." It has over 1.5 million views. It's an hour and a half long. Who the gently caress watches 90 minutes of someone bleating about a game they don't like? And how does it even take that long to point out what you don't like about the game?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

Youtube is recommending to me a video called "Fallout 3 Is Garbage And Here's Why." It has over 1.5 million views. It's an hour and a half long. Who the gently caress watches 90 minutes of someone bleating about a game they don't like? And how does it even take that long to point out what you don't like about the game?

Nerds.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
This doesn't detract from your overall point about Internet people and their opinions, but I know offhand that particular video is by fellow goon Hbomberguy. Its a pretty detailed critique of the game's flaws made from the perspective of a fallout fan who wanted to like it. People watch it because he's very funny.

Edit: in fact, give it a few minutes. You might actually enjoy it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Not Operator posted:

This doesn't detract from your overall point about Internet people and their opinions, but I know offhand that particular video is by fellow goon Hbomberguy. Its a pretty detailed critique of the game's flaws made from the perspective of a fallout fan who wanted to like it. People watch it because he's very funny.

Edit: in fact, give it a few minutes. You might actually enjoy it.

Nerds watch it because they think he's very funny. I should make a youtube about it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chez Lindsay has a great video essay about why she hates the musical Rent. But it's like an hour long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0qfFbtIj5w

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Jun 20, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

It's me, I'm the one watching long form video essays on YouTube. I love them. My favorite dude is named Joseph Anderson, who has crazy long videos.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I love video essays

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Sunswipe posted:

He's a goon and makes really good poo poo.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Sociopastry posted:

I love video essays

:same:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm enjoying Lindsey's take on the Transformers franchise - an 8-ish part video essay called The Whole Plate as a reference to a particularly stupid line in one of the movies. The third part is interesting "Why is it so hard to remember what happened in these movies?" She posits that it's because Bay gives every aspect of every frame the maximum amount of attention it could get, so the brain gets overloaded and cannot decide what's important information so discards the entire thing.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm enjoying Lindsey's take on the Transformers franchise - an 8-ish part video essay called The Whole Plate as a reference to a particularly stupid line in one of the movies. The third part is interesting "Why is it so hard to remember what happened in these movies?" She posits that it's because Bay gives every aspect of every frame the maximum amount of attention it could get, so the brain gets overloaded and cannot decide what's important information so discards the entire thing.

Might as well link it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE-6M7IbNSI

It's really good. Her Rent video is great too, hell, just watch all of her non-Nostalgia Chick content.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like her li'l breakdown in the fourth one where she corpses hard on the line "I am more sure that Aliens have Nerds than of the future of our civilization."

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Samovar posted:

On an unrelated note, how is your mother?

Disappointed in her children and herself.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lindsey is the only person to come from TGWTG who is worth anything other than the cinema snob and even he's got more misses than she does. Or I guess Todd in the Shadows if analysis of pop music is your thing

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't know what this is called. Youtube Face? gently caress all these guys.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't know what you're referring to. They're all doing different things?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I know you have face blindness or whatever but it's the over expressive exaggerated expressions that's common on the internet

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Aesop Poprock posted:

Lindsey is the only person to come from TGWTG who is worth anything other than the cinema snob and even he's got more misses than she does. Or I guess Todd in the Shadows if analysis of pop music is your thing
That's because Brad Jones churns out content at an admirable but crazy pace. Lindsay takes more time.

Brows Held High is legit though and Lupa/Phelan are weirdly endearing even if their content isn't always on point. I also like Anime Abandon because it looks at all the garbage poo poo I saw in VHS stores growing up and that's good for a cheap laugh.

Every single other one? Yeah, nah.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

And yet, somehow, nostalgia critic has the most subdued of any of those expressions. He gets a pass just because his critiques aren't actually that bad.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Noimpewdiepie.jpg

Anytime I want to see a little youtube footage of a game before I buy it I have to scroll through pages of that face, screaming nerds, and hour long monologues on why gun a is better than gun b from 17.5m to 18.2m.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Intoluene posted:

And yet, somehow, nostalgia critic has the most subdued of any of those expressions. He gets a pass just because his critiques aren't actually that bad.

He just screeches incoherently

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Mu Zeta posted:

Chez Lindsay has a great video essay about why she hates the musical Rent. But it's like an hour long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0qfFbtIj5w

This was pretty fantastic.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

if your car's bass is rattling my window, it might be too loud :thunk:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

The Snoo posted:

if your car's bass is rattling my window, it might be too loud :thunk:
If your car's bass is rattling my windows, there's no way the music sounds good in your car.

For some irrational reason, that bothers me more than my rattling windows.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

If your car's bass is rattling my windows, there's no way the music sounds good in your car.

For some irrational reason, that bothers me more than my rattling windows.

What if I told you the whole point was to rattle your windows and they don’t care if the music is enjoyable to listen to?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Glazier posted:

What if I told you the whole point was to rattle your windows and they don’t care if the music is enjoyable to listen to?

It bothers me greatly that people take actions that detriment themselves for the sole purpose of bothering other people.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Das Boo posted:

It bothers me greatly that people take actions that detriment themselves for the sole purpose of bothering other people.

Welcome to Trump’s America

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Das Boo posted:

If it makes you feel better, they're making themselves deaf. They'll have tinnitus and other hearing issues for decades.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Intoluene posted:

Nostalgia Critic could be great but I'll never know since I can't make it past 5 minutes of any of his stuff.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 12:54 on Jun 22, 2017

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Das Boo posted:

:agreed:

I don't drive yet but I can't imagine how distracting it is to drive in a car like that. how do you hear sirens? how do you pay attention to anything?? oh right you don't lol

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

What you're doing is imagining everyone noticing you

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

animal abuse isn't really a little thing

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Elizabethan Error posted:

animal abuse isn't really a little thing
What if you're kicking a chihuahua?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

"The man punted Baxter!" :qq:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's probably the point that it makes me angry but teabagging in games. It's really unnecessary and rubs me the wrong way every time.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Intoluene posted:

It's probably the point that it makes me angry but teabagging in games. It's really unnecessary and rubs me the wrong way every time.

So it's fine to teabag you irl? Good to know.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I wish I could say it doesn't piss me off but it does.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I usually get my revenge by hunting down that player over and over and over again. See how much you teabag me when you're DEAD. :argh:

Also people who poo poo talk when they win, even if it's someone on my team. It's just a jerk-rear end thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

So it's fine to teabag you irl? Good to know.

I've never been teabagged irl so I have no strong opinions on the matter.

• Locked thread