Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

How is the 28th pick going to be more alluring than Russel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

No, I sure hope they cant

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Also, this saves about 7 million compared to just stretching Mozgov, assuming they dont keep Lopez

Which makes this seem even worse

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's a pretty good offer for pg idk.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

How is the 28th pick going to be more alluring than Russel?

u can get the next jimmy butler

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Sixers will offer one (1) Jahlil Okafor for Paul George

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Magic is a literal retard as a pejorative

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Magic will buy out Lopez and he'll go to golden state because god hates us

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Got that AIDS brain

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I don't watch the nets either but just one guy's rebounding numbers don't mean much. The lakers could just let randle handle the board no?

Lopez is very strong and good at boxing out, but he's altogether not great and overpaid. His brother is a better deal and a better defender.. Randle is possibly one of the best rebounding men in the league so maybe it could work. Makes sense for either side but I like the Nets side better.

Wait Nets received the pick, right?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am confident that somehow the bulls are going to end up with evan turner

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/877297695953637376

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Randle+low salary 1st rounders (27+28) can't complete the trade for PG. I didn't calculate the 27th pick's cap figure, but the Lakers didn't actually gain any immediate space from this deal. It's going to have to be Clarkson and Randle and the picks or Clarkson and the picks. Or a third team with space gets involved and takes some salary.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Can someone please loving check on Rick

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Since there is some confusion about tweet reading:

Nets get Russell and mozgov

Lakers get 2018 #27 and Lopez

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

InnercityGriot posted:

Lopez can't rebound and Dlo is actually really underrated, it's a bad trade.

I like Russell a lot but they don't give a poo poo about Lopez as a player, they only care that he's a big contract that expires after next season. They're freeing up 2018 money because they think they can get LeBron

E: even knowing he's gone after this year I don't think I'd trade George for two crappy picks and Randle. Randle is kinda awful

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 20, 2017

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I think the deal with nets is fine for the lakers. But this rumored offer of giving up the rest of their assets just to get paul george earlier would be real, real bad

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86x4im8TQWY

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

euphronius posted:

That's a pretty good offer for pg idk.

You're not wrong, but you're looking at a team trading away two promising rookies and picks for one year of Brook Lopez and Paul George (who might be desperate to resign with them but still). Even with PG and Lopez I don't think that's a playoff team. It's uh, feels real dumb.

So I'm sitting here with popcorn, obviously.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

MourningView posted:

I like Russell a lot but they don't give a poo poo about Lopez as a player, they only care that he's a big contract that expires after next season. They're freeing up 2018 money because they think they can get LeBron

The pain of losing again in the 2018 finals is going to push Bron into retirement

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I hate that we're still talking about LeBron free agency, I thought we were finally done with it

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

And thats probably even dumber than making this trade because they actually like Lopez

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Cool Buff Man posted:

He's burning a Showtime pennant in his bathtub.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I think the deal with nets is fine for the lakers. But this rumored offer of giving up the rest of their assets just to get paul george earlier would be real, real bad

Lakers fans are rationalizing it as getting his bird rights but when(not if) they sign him in free agency to a 3+ year deal they get his bird rights anyway, no?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
There are a lot of funny things about that trade but as Timothy Mozgov is salary dumped already I think fondly back to anytime anyone criticized how large a contract being given out was and people jumping over themselves to yell at them and be like It's fine! It's the new market!!!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't know why Vlade didn't offer #10 for Russell and Mozgov. Maybe he is terrified of making another trade since he always seems to get laughed at

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

morestuff posted:

I hate that we're still talking about LeBron free agency, I thought we were finally done with it

lol you played yourself

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Outside of the number 2 pick and Ingram, neither of which it sounds like are on the table, they don't really have any assets that are all that valuable anyway. If all it takes to get George is Randle/Clarkson and a couple crappy picks I'd definitely jump at that

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahah

Jack's Flow posted:

He's burning a Showtime pennant in his bathtub.

This is a tough offseason for a lot of fans.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

The 27th pick is 8 spots away from where you can buy into the draft on an average year. It's worth almost nothing.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
If Porzingus is available and Ainge doesn't trade for him, he should be fired.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Charlz Guybon posted:

If Porzingus is available and Ainge doesn't trade for him, he should be fired.
Ainge is going to spend all of his assets on mediocre role players from the draft

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am absolutely crushed that mozgov won't be in LA to pursue a side career as a Menacing Henchman

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Jota posted:

There are a lot of funny things about that trade but as Timothy Mozgov is salary dumped already I think fondly back to anytime anyone criticized how large a contract being given out was and people jumping over themselves to yell at them and be like It's fine! It's the new market!!!

And yet, there were 2-3 other centers who got worse contracts

They were just smart enough to not hire Magic Johnson afterwards

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jota posted:

Yeah I don't understand it.
Bad contact before the cap explosion: WHO CARES AFTER ADJUSTMENT IT IS FINE
Bad contact after cap explosion: THIS IS THE NEW NORMAL FOR ROTATION PLAYERS

A bad contract is a bad contract

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Lakers subreddit is pretty funny to read right now if you need cheering up.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I hope Kobe is sitting at home eating handfuls of PEDs so he can be the Lakers super 6th man in 18-19. The Lakers are almost baby.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Kevin Durant: My Next Chapter:

"Okay... so I walk out of the office about to leave the building when I hear this woman's voice coming from another room. Sounded as though she was by herself talking on the phone... which she was, when I looked through the door of the empty room/kitchen area to find a SUPER HOT girl on the phone talking to whoever. She was facing opposite towards the door, so her incredible rear end was staring at me in the face. She had on gray spandex pants, REALLY nice rear end, light skinned girl, could've been Spanish or white. She had long black straight hair, and one of the most killer booties you'll ever see. She had on a tight pink shirt on, and her rear end/hip ratio in conjunction with her waist measurement was outrageous. I kept staring at her for a long as I could without her knowing I was there. I couldn't stop mentally bending her body in different positions like doggie style and such as I watched her stare out the window in the room. She was in the room with her incredible rear end, I'm just thinking "wow, she's alone, I hope she farts, imagine what her farts smell like?"
So I walked away for a min or two, nobody was in the hallway, I crept back up to the door slowly, looked in to find her sitting on an orange colored felt cushion padded wooden chair that reclines backward. She sat there rocking with her legs crossed on the phone while eating cottage cheese... still her back facing me while I'm watching this super hot chick.

So, naturally, I couldn't wait for her to leave the room since she was apparently on a break from work, so I could smell the seat to tell if she farted on it. I went into the bathroom for at least 2-3 minutes, hoping she would leave the room. I walk out of the bathroom to find the door to the room wide open, and the lights were OUT. SHE LEFT!!! As SOON as I left the bathroom I heard a door shut, hoping it was her shutting the door to the office she returned to. So I walk quickly to the room with the lights off, I walked over near the chair where she sat.

As soon as I walked over near the chair I smelled a mixture between perfume and farts... the air hovering over the chair was definitely funky. I leaned down and smelled the seat where the super hot girls amazing rear end sat for at least 5 minutes straight.

It smelled like pure girl farts a strong fart essence was present in the felt padded seat cushion, I started buggin out. I kept smelling the cushion for as long as the smell's odor retained it's embodiment. I was in heaven with the sexy fumes that only lasted a couple of minutes. I buried my face into the seat cushion smelling this HOT girls candy farts. I was so happy that day.

It was the whole aspect that she was in that room totally comfortable, she knew nobody was around, and God knows how many farts she let out, if she enjoyed the smell, or what. I caught her farts and she had no idea, it's great when that happens. I intend on continuing my trips to this office."

Jack's Flow posted:

I will wake up tomorrow morning and there'll be 600 new posts. poo poo.

Maybe more.

R.D. Mangles posted:

wade declining his option would be shocking, that's his last payday until he starts his line of fancy pantaloons or whatever he does in retirement, dude is totally checked out on a lovely team and will probably play like 30 games next year while collecting his $24 million, he's already got his rings, he's in the HoF, and they're putting his number in the rafters in Miami.

I predict even less effort on defense. More gassed looks in the first quarter.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

This is why this trade is dumb as hell:

Even if they hypothetically get Paul George, is a core of Lonzo Ball, Paul George, Jordan Clarkson, and Brandon Ingram going to win you 50 games?

Luol Deng, Corey Brewer, Jordan Clarkson, and Tarik Black are taking up $41m next season. Paul George's max will be 33 or so. That's $74m invested in 5 players and no assets to dump any further salary.

They couldn't afford LeBron without completely emptying the cupboard of assets and LeBron Paul George and Lonzo Ball aren't winning a title with a replacement level bench and no cap space to add talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
That's a loving stupid trade, maybe Jeannie should give Griff a call

• Locked thread