Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

I had no idea NITW was some people's Astro Boy- or my Dark Souls- this whole time.
If it drags on enough without much comparative yay,
then I'd bet that would be why they see it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nothing says Super Best Friends like Horse Semen and Apples.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Eh it's a bit annoying when Woolie spends an entire episode jumping on power lines but nitw is fun enough. If feels a bit like an interlude.

Also it seems like they just go straight for the yakuzzis endgame, so 2 - max 3 - episodes left.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
don't loving remind me about astro boy

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Phantasium posted:

He doing voice work in that beat em up he's always retweeting.

It's more than that (if he's even doing a voice?), he did a lot of behind-the-scenes poo poo to get cutscenes made, VA organised, even some music from Yuzo Koshiro. I was kinda shocked by how deep he went in on this game.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh hey, looks like Paige finally started uploading her twitch archives to youtube, cool! I only just found out thanks to this wonderful video by a fella who uploads little tidbit highlights of pat and paige's streams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLCVcfIJf98

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Uncle pats ff14 storytime is always my favorite

That astro sound cue troll is genius.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Foxhound posted:

Eh it's a bit annoying when Woolie spends an entire episode jumping on power lines but nitw is fun enough. If feels a bit like an interlude.

Also it seems like they just go straight for the yakuzzis endgame, so 2 - max 3 - episodes left.
NITW should be over in about 3 episodes as well.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So this track only plays in two places in Yakuza 0: the install screen and Majima's last level.
It's pretty great. Also featuring good ol' nonsensical Engrish.
Next episode should definitely be the final bosses and ending.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
In this episode of Yakuza, the guys sandbag a really cool fight with a busted technique, and make fun of it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

HGH posted:

So this track only plays in two places in Yakuza 0: the install screen and Majima's last level.
It's pretty great. Also featuring good ol' nonsensical Engrish.
Next episode should definitely be the final bosses and ending.

Thank you for this, I was literally just looking for it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Neo_Crimson posted:

In this episode of Yakuza, the guys sandbag a really cool fight with a busted technique, and make fun of it.

I didn't know how they'd manage to make having Majima's Legend Style unlocked for the endgame a bad thing but they did it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm slightly annoyed Pat goes "Wow, this is so broken it's unbalanced"

Yeah it's broken because it's the Knights of the Round for the game, of course it's broken. You spent like 10 hours doing a mini-game and a long quest chain for it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Stormblood talk was the greatest MMO talk I have ever heard. :catdrugs:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Tae posted:

I'm slightly annoyed Pat goes "Wow, this is so broken it's unbalanced"

Yeah it's broken because it's the Knights of the Round for the game, of course it's broken. You spent like 10 hours doing a mini-game and a long quest chain for it.

It's that guy's fault for being weak to getting stabbed in the gut like a lame-o. :smug:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZx13Yy3Xns

Woolie: 14
Funko Pops: 6

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's that guy's fault for being weak to getting stabbed in the gut like a lame-o. :smug:

...but Kiryu gets stabbed in the gut! (not in 0)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I admittedly am not watching the Woods LP because it's not my kind of game, so going through Omikron again is hilarious because the first 15 parts are "We're almost done. We're almost done, that's the end game!"

Then part 16 is when they go full FAQ mode and realize the FAQ is only a quarter of the way finished where they were.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I didn't know there were G-G-G-GHOSTS in L.A. Noire :stare:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

As long as the QTEs happen, I'm satisfied.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

I'm just waiting for the total number to silently rise to 21 one day.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Nalesh posted:

I'm just waiting for the total number to silently rise to 21 one day.

If the latest LA Noire is any indication, it's going to be flown in by a drone blaring Vergil's theme from MvC3.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why is the channel getting so few new subscriptions lately? At the rate we're going here it won't be till 2025 that they pass the 1 million subscriber mark.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Grouchio posted:

Why is the channel getting so few new subscriptions lately? At the rate we're going here it won't be till 2025 that they pass the 1 million subscriber mark.

You need a hobby.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Tae posted:

I admittedly am not watching the Woods LP because it's not my kind of game, so going through Omikron again is hilarious because the first 15 parts are "We're almost done. We're almost done, that's the end game!"

Then part 16 is when they go full FAQ mode and realize the FAQ is only a quarter of the way finished where they were.

I am tempted to download Omikron, see if I can cheat up god mode or something, and properly explore the nooks and crannies of the maps. It's like picking a scab, you know you won't actually enjoy it but there's something so fascinating about it that you just need to poke at.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Tae posted:

Uncle pats ff14 storytime is always my favorite

That astro sound cue troll is genius.
Where is this XIV story?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The latest podcast, for like a god drat hour

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MMO players are insane

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
No. PAT is insane.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

No. PAT is insane.

He seemed to have plenty of other insane people there with him

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Andrast posted:

MMO players are insane

Not much more insane then people who spend hours on end practising a game. :v:

Being among these crazy people, I was actually one of those Red Mages that managed to get to the wall of Rabuan thinking it would have cleared up by that time. I can't remember if Pat mentioned that the servers were dying in a myriad of other ways so that even the suggestion from the devs to "do other things" was not a great one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pat went through the full detail and I'm glad Clemps was there before I feel without him, it would've total no-sell on a lot of the crazy stuff like:
-Astros trolling players because they have a new move that sounds exactly like the log-in sound
-People Ubering with two-man mounts to fly over a wall to progress to the next area
-Players forming a single-file line of 400 to get through a solo instance
-Pat being SUPER pissed that the Japanese servers were unaffected
-A bug where literally you don't exist anymore after a boss fight and a GM has to physically move your character back into reality

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Apparently the FFIV launch fuckery was partly due to a DDoS attack. Hence why the Japanese servers were not affected.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 21, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Kids, don't do MMOs. That being said, it's pretty cool to be in a hosed up server, be it because of in-game or outside reasons.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Matt's full explanation of his announcement and his role, for the record.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I hope he yells "Kick back!" at some point

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Really cool that Matt's been able to get so involved in something he's clearly excited about. Here's hoping it turns out well!

Can't say much about the gameplay but it sure looks like a fun group he's contracted.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Surprised they stretchted out Yakuza for another video. It is a pretty long ending sequence but still. Maybe Pat's gonna do the 100% secret boss, Amon? Unlikely though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah splitting the ending feels like cheap scheduling filler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I dunno I haven't watched today's video yet but I feel like I sat for an additional hour of cutscenes after I beat it.