Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jordan signed dwight just to abuse him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Best part of this tweet is that Charlotte is so irrelevant that the ESPN guy didn't realize they aren't the Bobcats anymore.

I think this deal is actually won by Atlanta.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877332750910406656

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Did Dwight sign with NIke?

Spacebump posted:

Dwight Howard from MVP level player to traded for junk at 31. Back injuries can ruin anyone. (and not being allowed to use stickum.)

To be fair the end cost for the Lakers for Dwight was two second round picks as well.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Dwight Howard forever rogue

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I can't believe Plumlee was able to be traded twice with that awful contract.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Libertine posted:

Best part of this tweet is that Charlotte is so irrelevant that the ESPN guy didn't realize they aren't the Bobcats anymore.

I think this deal is actually won by Atlanta.

Eh, his deal is just two years. Dwight's not really good anymore but he's certainly better than Plumlee, and as someone posted Clifford has a lot of experience with how to best use him.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/rodger_sherman/status/877332428087414786

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

It's not even much of a salary dump, I don't understand.

Howard $23m x 2 years

Plumlee $12.5m x 3 years
Belinelli $6m x 1 year

So you save $5m this year, $10.5m next year, but then have a Plumlee stuck on your books (not even the semi-decent Plumlee either) for 2019-20 for $12.5m.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
gently caress forgive me I get my Plumlees mixed up all the time. Wow this one is really bad. I politely rescind my previous opinion.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

jordan signed dwight just to abuse him

We're going to get our first NBA workplace GM bullying grievance. Problem is it'll be thrown out because calling someone a "fag" over and over again is perfectly fine in North Carolina.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
How is all this happening and the Draft hasn't even occurred yet?

I like that pick for Charlotte. Get the coveted 31st pick, notable for being more valuable than the couple picks before it, and a decentish center who will generate a little buzz and kill your locker room. Belly Nelly adds another team to his belt.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

marco can recapture his magic now that he's back in the pop coaching family

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

this truly is the silly season

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lockback posted:

How is all this happening and the Draft hasn't even occurred yet?

Just because the season ended doesn't mean reality has been fixed.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pretty clear that by trading for the fartmeister jordan is making a play for durant next year

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

what.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BWV posted:

We're going to get our first NBA workplace GM bullying grievance. Problem is it'll be thrown out because calling someone a "fag" over and over again is perfectly fine in North Carolina.

dwight's going to see him and yell hey michael michael michael michael michael michael michael michael hey mj hey watch this and right when he starts to fart jordan tells him he's had a fleet of bulldozers destroy his childhood home

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

dwight's going to see him and yell hey michael michael michael michael michael michael michael michael hey mj hey watch this and right when he starts to fart jordan tells him he's had a fleet of bulldozers destroy his childhood home
I feel like in this situation Dwight's level of annoying overwhelms MJ's cruelty. It's like that one movie Clifford

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Charlotte wins the trade by ditching the Plumlee

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I don't know if that Hawks fan posts any more but I was under the impression Dwight was at least OK last year

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jimmy you maniac, this is the dumbest and most endearing basketball thing i've read

quote:

Sources said on Tuesday that the Cavaliers have been notified that Butler hopes to stay with the Bulls and would be reluctant to commit his long-term future to Cleveland. Butler, sources said, remains intent on trying to lead the Bulls back to Eastern Conference prominence.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...icant-obstacles

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm ready for more dwight howard post ups

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Jimmy's a lil touched in the head huh

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

jimmy you maniac, this is the dumbest and most endearing basketball thing i've read

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...icant-obstacles

He wants the supemax

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Jimmy's a lil touched in the head huh

He just wants to join his friend Marky Mark in beantown

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
-Get paid $240+ million
-Know you can blame any problems on your dipshit coach, bumbling front office or talentless teammates
-Plenty of free time in the playoffs to hang out with Marky Mark

What's not to like

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

My refresh rate is getting up to Trump thread levels.

But now I want more. Someone give Vlade and Morey their cell phones back

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xbilkis posted:

-Get paid $240+ million
-Know you can blame any problems on your dipshit coach, bumbling front office or talentless teammates
-Plenty of free time in the playoffs to hang out with Marky Mark

What's not to like

judging by today, butler's going to be traded in like 15 minutes

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/877337902677712896
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/877338582892949505

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The Lakers and Knicks should just forever not be allowed to have assets because they will always squander them on some far-fetched scheme.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Good for the Kings. Would be tempting to take the number 2 but I'd rather go with 5/10.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
trade dwight howard to the vacuum of space

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'm so happy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm so happy

congrats on the new plumlee

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Magic is going to end up giving away D'Angelo Russell and the second pick for a guy who would have signed in L.A. no matter what

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the best part of all these trades are that they seem terrible for both sides

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Magic is a dingus. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Dammit Kings...! :argh:

• Locked thread