Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

NecroMonster posted:

i don't read western comics anymore lol i just don't have the money to buy that poo poo

my new local library has hella comics. thanks, rich Bloomington residents for paying for this crazy rear end library!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Despite all my rage
I am still stuck in the mid-90s

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

logikv9 posted:

Nothing Matters 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fidel Castronaut posted:

somebody give me some comic recommendations. i'm reading planetary and might read doom patrol. just read bitch planet vol 1 which was v good!

read Doom Patrol

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Who is worse?

DJT of James in season 2 of twin peaks.

And.

Succ zone of people replying to Bill Mitchill on Twitter. Pls help. This keeps me up at night

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/877350761742688256

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Al-Saqr posted:

like when will the DNC learn that these shitheads HATE them and every weak and poor person no matter WHAT you promise them? like you cant expect a retard white calvinists wahhabists to be convinced when you send them millions of dollars & a milquetoast heathen jewish guy, when they will gladly vote for a shriveled old hag who hates gays and hates poors having healthcare. what were they thinking?!

that would involve courting the votes of the poors

current dems would much rather retreat to brooklyn and give up on 90% of the country than actually push leftist policy

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

funny way to spell posted:

Funny how DNC puts no money in KS or SC and by doing nothing ends up doing better than GA where they poured millions of dollars into.

I think the DNC $$$ actually backfired in GA cuz apparently there were so many ossof ads everyone was sick of them

Serf
May 5, 2011

love to finally have it confirmed that trump backlash doesn't exist

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Realistically when can we expect all the baby boomers will have completely died off?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

indeed

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
hope is a lie nothing is real

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

NecroMonster posted:

well here is what i think the dems should have done instead in order to win within a system that is thoroughly compromised at every level: poop back and forth from each others butts forever

has anyone made a joke yet about

two deep states couping back and forth forever

because lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
who else is super jazzed for the wave of 'yea but a bernie type would have lost WORSE' think pieces sure to flood us???

Typo posted:

it's actually not that bad

I mean the last congressional election in the district was R+20, now it's what R+2?

I mean there isn't a substantial difference between winning by D+0.5 or losing by R+2 in terms of predicting 2018

well there's one major difference and that is this thing called 'the scoreboard'. We literally dumped more money than ever into losing to a crazy bitch who lost her own elections, openly told minorities to gently caress themselves because jesus, and STOLE FROM CANCER CHARITY. Everyone involved in this campaign should loving kill themselves.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Typo posted:

did they run a progressive or centrist in SC

Goldman Sachs banker lol

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

NecroMonster posted:

i don't read western comics anymore lol i just don't have the money to buy that poo poo

Hearing about the current state of Miles Morales just re-convinced me that American comics are garbage for childish dummies

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Fidel Castronaut posted:

somebody give me some comic recommendations. i'm reading planetary and might read doom patrol. just read bitch planet vol 1 which was v good!

the new doom patrol by gerard way is cool and good

if you haven't read saga by brian k vaughn do so

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

bigley

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Serf posted:

Donald Trump is a regular guy, who is a billionaire, who didn't need to be president, ran for president, and won.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

on the contrary, my life is pretty good and yet i somehow voted for hillary clinton

you know how tragedies have the protagonist start at a high point only to falter and wind up in misery?

:unsmigghh:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Serf posted:

people are fickle, and trump backlash is prolly real and will result in a bunch of milktoast dems like ossoff scooting into office where they can do poo poo like "oppose govt waste" lol

look at this huge fuckin idiot

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Serf posted:

too much of a limited take in a single Georgia district but hot nevertheless

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

like when will the DNC learn that these shitheads HATE them and every weak and poor person no matter WHAT you promise them? like you cant expect a retard white calvinists wahhabists to be convinced when you send them millions of dollars & a milquetoast heathen jewish guy, when they will gladly vote for a shriveled old hag who hates gays and hates poors having healthcare. what were they thinking?!

it's like one former dnc stafferguy or whatever said: these are the kind of people who would sooner become an irrelevant regional party than admit error, much less change their ways

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

A Handed Missus posted:

:yeah:

Marla will always be #1 trompwife

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Mo_Steel posted:

you know how tragedies have the protagonist start at a high point only to falter and wind up in misery?

:unsmigghh:

nah

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Typo posted:

did they run a progressive or centrist in SC

they ran a goldman sachs fucko w/ no money

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
lol smug white people keep voting for even more tax cuts for rich people and skyrocketing healthcare premiums.

i think i should just start being evil and making money off of dumb hicks, it's what they want, I'm convinced

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I read the vision, which was good, but nothing else marvel really interests me. maybe moon knight? image is loving killing it right now with comics that are good for people with adult brains

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
trump smartly avoids the risk of misspelling her last name again

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Which Doom Patrol? The Grant Morrison one or the newer one? I was just looking at it but didn't know which to start with.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

quote:

He brought in another $15 million, much of it in small contributions from beyond Georgia’s borders.

ah yes, from all those people that can't vote for him

thx 4 the money b*tch

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm excited to already forget about this next week

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/877350761742688256

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Kah-ren Ach!

Serf
May 5, 2011

logikv9 posted:

too much of a limited take in a single Georgia district but hot nevertheless

i dunno

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

If you liked Planetary the Authority line of books are somewhat similar.

Follow authors you like. Warren Ellis, Grant Morrison, etc.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

sexpig by night posted:

who else is super jazzed for the wave of 'yea but a bernie type would have lost WORSE' think pieces sure to flood us???

well there's one major difference and that is this thing called 'the scoreboard'. We literally dumped more money than ever into losing to a crazy bitch who lost her own elections, openly told minorities to gently caress themselves because jesus, and STOLE FROM CANCER CHARITY. Everyone involved in this campaign should loving kill themselves.

it's 1/435 reps in a house which has a substantial GOP majority as is

the scoreboard doesn't actually matter, the indicators for 2018 do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Nonsense posted:

Donald Trump is a regular guy, who is a billionaire, who didn't need to be president, ran for president, and won.

accidentally became president lol

• Locked thread