Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
What's the avs one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I'm kinda mad that Reid Duke wasn't unveiled in uniform.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Omg I might miss the laces on the lightning, but thank gently caress they didn't opt for the perforated numbers. :eyepoop:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

They didn't gently caress it up! :toot:

https://twitter.com/NHLJets/status/877353754680492032

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
As a former hockey player, let me just say that those constricted necks instead of a more open neck would be annoying as gently caress.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

HookShot posted:

As a former hockey player, let me just say that those constricted necks instead of a more open neck would be annoying as gently caress.

seriously, that would suuuuuuuuuuuuck

also: https://twitter.com/JuxtaposeFantsy/status/877353906279391232

"You know what, I just don't feel like the Las Vegas Golden Knights are really represented here... Let's add MORE gray."

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Krime posted:

What the hell Adidas... it looks like all the crests have been moved down into the stomach area of the jersey.

The crests are exactly where they were before.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Nana told me someone stole her couch cover, but dammit I didn't believe her.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

What are those little circles in the lower right?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

AsInHowe posted:

adidas logo looks like?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

That's the pump to pump up the shoulder pads so you look scarier.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Eric the Mauve posted:

That is a very minor league looking uniform

It's no worse than when the Dallas Stars went all green. That looked like something straight out of the OHL.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Powershift posted:

That's the pump to pump up the shoulder pads so you look scarier.

whoa cool, I am gonna make use of that!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Duke Chin posted:

seriously, that would suuuuuuuuuuuuck

also: https://twitter.com/JuxtaposeFantsy/status/877353906279391232

"You know what, I just don't feel like the Las Vegas Golden Knights are really represented here... Let's add MORE gray."

Who designed these jerseys and why aren't they already in prison.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i actually like the dark grey because black is overdone and i think white looks stupid but man there's way too much poo poo going on with the vegas sweaters. embossed gold armbands? perforated numbers?

it looks like the coyotes just got new numbers and armpit windows and a stupid collar thing you cant see because it's on the inside

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Las Vegas Golden/Black Knights are the worst-designed expansion team ever.

It's like someone made the uniforms out of swatch samples.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

maybe the chinese knockoffs will look better

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Are we sure these aren't actually Chinese knockoffs that someone snuck in to the press event as a joke?

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Wonderllama posted:

Omg I might miss the laces on the lightning, but thank gently caress they didn't opt for the perforated numbers. :eyepoop:

Sorry, but perforated # are part of the new technology. Everyone gets it.

From the press release

Lighter - Featuring new cresting materials and construction technology, the ADIZERO Authentic NHL jersey reduces crest weight by up to 46%, while a single layer perforated numbering system reduces number weight by up to 60%, in order to deliver a new jersey that is up to 19% lighter when compared to the current NHL Jersey. 

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Nick Foligno won the Messier and King Clancy trophies/awards.

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/877348193922502656

Ugh.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

hifi posted:

it looks like the coyotes just got new numbers and armpit windows and a stupid collar thing you cant see because it's on the inside

That loving black is still on the shoulders - it looks dumb / beer league as hell :argh:

Either go back to kinda simple, or go ALL the way back to OG maroon and greens.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Krime posted:

From the press release

Lighter - Featuring new cresting materials and construction technology, the ADIZERO Authentic NHL jersey reduces crest weight by up to 46%, while a single layer perforated numbering system reduces number weight by up to 60%, in order to deliver a new jersey that is up to 19% lighter when compared to the current NHL Jersey. 

Only seven teams got the perforated numbers.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Krime posted:

From the press release

That's weird, this is from NHL.com:

quote:

"Specifically, for Tampa Bay, the Lightning's home jersey remains relatively unchanged, with the lone exception being the removal of the laces from the neckline. Tampa Bay has chosen to stick with the same lettering and numbers, opting against the perforated look some teams have adopted. "

But who knows. Really.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Nashville jersey is kinda boring but inoffensive. If they go with navy helmets I think it might look alright, otherwise it might be too much yellow

My main problem with Vegas is the white gloves, followed by the boring logo. The elbows are tacky but I dont mind tacky, its Vegas baby

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Duke Chin posted:

That loving black is still on the shoulders - it looks dumb / beer league as hell :argh:

Either go back to kinda simple, or go ALL the way back to OG maroon and greens.

i don't know how it works, but it looks normal to me after a season.

the worst part is they lose their thirds for this year

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

The Fanatics jerseys really do look like the cheap poo poo you buy at Wal-Mart. The collar on the Pens one is really terrible and it's shiny as hell.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Mage_Boy posted:

The Fanatics jerseys really do look like the cheap poo poo you buy at Wal-Mart. The collar on the Pens one is really terrible and it's shiny as hell.

Seriously, that habs crest looks like it's made of rubber.

edit:

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/877345567130742790

Sens, kicking and screaming, somehow manage to keep as much RBK Edge as possible.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

hifi posted:

i don't know how it works, but it looks normal to me after a season.

the worst part is they lose their thirds for this year

Them going from the maroon breezer/cover with stripe to a black, plain as gently caress breezer with those shoulder just looks so goddamn boring. I liked that they were simple, clean, and maroon as heck previous to the 2015 redesign.

It honestly looks like they went with a flat black breezer to save money and buy cheap bauer nexus pants or a bulk CCM deal or something. :shrug::homebrew:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 21, 2017

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

My main problem with Vegas is the white gloves, followed by the boring logo. The elbows are tacky but I dont mind tacky, its Vegas baby

They said the actual gloves will be gold, they just weren't ready tonight.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
How do you not get one goddamn demo pair ready when the color scheme was announce months ago???

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Oh I just noticed the Hurricanes unfucked their entire look. https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/fans/adidas-uniforms

Good job bringing back the warning flags.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

RC Cola posted:

What's the avs one?

While everyone is releasing the whites in Twitter, the Avs have not quite yet.

Unfortunately I'm not sure who to get, there's not really anyone I like left on the Avs except Landeskog and Raantanen.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Krime posted:

From the press release

perforated jerseys, just like every good Dek hockey team wears.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

Only seven teams got the perforated numbers.

Talk about "uniform" heh.

:cripes:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
I fully expect incidences of heat exhaustion to skyrocket 110% from that tight rear end collar.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

So in Elliotte Friedman's latest 30 thoughts, he released something interesting:

quote:

According to several sources, there is a legitimate possibility Hossa has played his final NHL game. (He could not be reached for comment. Neither could his agent, Ritch Winter. The Blackhawks declined to comment.) Apparently, he suffers from a serious allergic reaction to the equipment he wears.

:stare:

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Penguins tweeted their numbers out. No perforated #s

Yay.

Or... oh no. They might be weighed down now and slower!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

quote:

According to several sources, there is a legitimate possibility Hossa has played his final NHL game. (He could not be reached for comment. Neither could his agent, Ritch Winter. The Blackhawks declined to comment.) Apparently, he suffers from a serious allergic reaction to the equipment he wears.

The sources who confirmed the allergy stressed not to make fun of it, with one saying, “It’s only funny to anyone who’s never had it.” Details are sketchy, because no one would give full information, but the medication necessary to combat the allergy is potent enough that doctors wanted his blood tested every few weeks to make sure there were no major side effects.

That’s very serious stuff, and word is doctors worried about Hossa taking the medicine for extended periods of time.

If that’s the case, it would be the end of a Hall of Fame career.

Yikes.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Krime posted:

Penguins tweeted their numbers out. No perforated #s

Yay.

Or... oh no. They might be weighed down now and slower!

Give the rest of the league a chance to keep up.

Also. It's Hard to tell from the pictures but I don't think I like the metallic NHL shield very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
all the jerseys are fine except for the sens which was trash before and remains trash

• Locked thread