Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Overwined posted:

As an aside, I wonder how hard intelligence agencies were monitoring GA-6.

Zil fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Krispy Kareem posted:

Nancy is a very effective tribal totem because she's been in power for so long that she's a caricature to much of the country. No one knows who the number two Democrat is in the House so running ads about them isn't going to get as much traction.

Eventually, yes. Republicans will build as much ill will about the new guy as they did about the old one. But we're not talking about eventually. We're talking about now, when Democrats had a real shot at making some headway and her continued leadership was at best a wash. Nancy Pelosi may be the most vilified Speaker of the House in a generation. Which says a lot since she's competing against a pedophile.

poo poo sucks and this thread will just continue to devour itself in political agony.

The Right Wing Hate machine will turn on any and all prominent opposition figures. Hell, they went from "Obama Who" to full on stroke inducing hate bone in about a year.

Trying to pick someone they don't hate is dumb because they'll hate anyone you pick.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Karen Handel sounds wasted

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Republican ekes out victory in deep southern state: "This will usher in North Korean style death camps within the week"

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
I'm liberal as gently caress and I say let the Democratic Party fulfill its destiny by immolating itself.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zil posted:

I feel like once your defense lawyer gets their own lawyer, that poo poo has gone sideways.

Has their lawyer's lawyer lawyered up yet?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Guy Goodbody posted:

well gently caress, guess it's time for suicide or terrorism, because the Republicans have won forever with their fox news and emotion magic

Remember when Dems were going to flip the house and tie the senate because Trump was dragging them the gently caress down? I wonder if the doomsaying on the republican side was like this. It certainly was in 2008.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mustached Demon posted:

Has their lawyer's lawyer lawyered up yet?

Maybe they represent each other.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Krispy Kareem posted:

Nancy is a very effective tribal totem because she's been in power for so long that she's a caricature to much of the country. No one knows who the number two Democrat is in the House so running ads about them isn't going to get as much traction.

Eventually, yes. Republicans will build as much ill will about the new guy as they did about the old one. But we're not talking about eventually. We're talking about now, when Democrats had a real shot at making some headway and her continued leadership was at best a wash. Nancy Pelosi may be the most vilified Speaker of the House in a generation. Which says a lot since she's competing against a pedophile.

poo poo sucks and this thread will just continue to devour itself in political agony.

The RWM doesn't even have to finish the sentence about who the base should hate before they've already starting slinging sexist/racist/other insults at the named party. It's an irrational hatred that just needs an Other to be directed at, no consistency is needed.

(((Joe Lieberman))) is a filthy globalist!

Joe Lieberman is one of the good ones.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BlueberryCanary posted:

You know I am starting to think that this thread really is cancerous. Everyone here (aside from the few trolls) has an intense emotional investment in politics, as if the success of the democratic party is the sole cause of and limiting factor for our happiness. So when the democratic party faces a failure it is easy freak out, become depressed or start fighting. And because we all feel the same about this, these emotions spread quickly.

So, I want to try to stop this train-wreck now and say that we are all putting too much stock in this election. Hell, most of you don't even live in GA-06. Life is complex, and there are other ways we can improve our lives and find happiness.

I am going to stop reading this thread and continue preparing for my grad school applications.
i would advise everyone to do what this guy did

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BlueberryCanary posted:

You know I am starting to think that this thread really is cancerous. Everyone here (aside from the few trolls) has an intense emotional investment in politics, as if the success of the democratic party is the sole cause of and limiting factor for our happiness. So when the democratic party faces a failure it is easy freak out, become depressed or start fighting. And because we all feel the same about this, these emotions spread quickly.

So, I want to try to stop this train-wreck now and say that we are all putting too much stock in this election. Hell, most of you don't even live in GA-06. Life is complex, and there are other ways we can improve our lives and find happiness.

I am going to stop reading this thread and continue preparing for my grad school applications.

And there's the punchline.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

US politics is a far more tractable problem than climate change, which is a far more tractable problem than climate remediation. In my opinion the western world is suffering a terrible lack of imagination.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Don't let the anger and disappointment get to you; use it to hold these people's feet to the fire! They want you to give up and assume nothing matters, because cynicism and apathy is exactly what helps them win.

But Trump's numbers are in the mid to high 30 and don't show any evidence of rising (even something like the baseball shooting didn't help him); Mueller's investigation is happening apace; the American people loathe the AHCA and, if reports can be believed, the coalition to vote for that piece of poo poo bill is fractious.

Stop giving up so easily. We're still more that a year out from the midterms. That's plenty of time for more of Trump's incriminating tweets evidence of collusion to come out, and for his incompetence to bite him in the rear end. We're rapidly approaching a debt ceiling crisis that there's no evidence that the congress will even be able to address meaningfully. This is far from over, and I'm just saving up that anger so that I can express myself by my ballot in November of 2018.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maybe they represent each other.

Objection your honor!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Don't let the anger and disappointment get to you; use it to hold these people's feet to the fire! They want you to give up and assume nothing matters, because cynicism and apathy is exactly what helps them win.

But Trump's numbers are in the mid to high 30 and don't show any evidence of rising (even something like the baseball shooting didn't help him); Mueller's investigation is happening apace; the American people loathe the AHCA and, if reports can be believed, the coalition to vote for that piece of poo poo bill is fractious.

Stop giving up so easily. We're still more that a year out from the midterms. That's plenty of time for more of Trump's incriminating tweets evidence of collusion to come out, and for his incompetence to bite him in the rear end. We're rapidly approaching a debt ceiling crisis that there's no evidence that the congress will even be able to address meaningfully. This is far from over, and I'm just saving up that anger so that I can express myself by my ballot in November of 2018.

Thank You.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/877355893905666048

Panama is only $5k if you want to buy your way in.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Whatever, I'm not that beaten up about Another loving Centrist losing a House race in Georgia.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Oxxidation posted:

And there's the punchline.

Oh oh, that guy may or may not be attempting to improve his station in life and actually succeeding.

Guillotine.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/877355893905666048

Panama is only $5k if you want to buy your way in.

the best part about 2020 will be watching all of the trump toadies get thrown out on their asses

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Peven Stan posted:

Hahah, you've seized on that Ali Wong joke and won't let it go.

I live in a crumbling rust belt city that's over half black, you can guess how my district goes.

as a coethnic, gently caress off and die

chinese race supremacists like you are a disgrace and do nothing but alienate the rest of nonwhite america

let that post you made stand as a reminder that you and your ilk don't see non-chinese asian americans as anything other than warm bodies for you to talk and walk over

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 21, 2017

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

So much for the polls favoring Ossoff, huh?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

See, if you were smart at all you'd let the Republicans gloat over GA-6 and maybe even playact that you were mad about it. It's meaningless and if you dwell on it as a victory or a loss, you're getting distracted from the real matterings at hand.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Zil posted:

I feel like once your defense lawyer gets their own lawyer, that poo poo has gone sideways.

This is not one of his defense lawyers, it's one associated with the campaign.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

And when you lose in 2018? Then what? What about 2020 when Trump will be reelected in a landslide, what then?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Boon posted:

Oh oh, that guy may or may not be attempting to improve his station in life and actually succeeding.

Guillotine.
No, he was going for "the only place more depressing than this thread is grad school".

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Overwined posted:

See, if you were smart at all you'd let the Republicans gloat over GA-6 and maybe even playact that you were mad about it. It's meaningless and if you dwell on it as a victory or a loss, you're getting distracted from the real matterings at hand.

um, i'll have you know that nothing matters

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

dont even fink about it posted:

Whatever, I'm not that beaten up about Another loving Centrist losing a House race in Georgia.

To boot, today's "Centrist" is last century's Reagan.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Aves Maria! posted:

the best part about 2020 will be watching all of the trump toadies get thrown out on their asses

Right, you keep believing that. Lmao.

Democrats are all the same. "We got absolutely crushed despite outspending our opponent 2 to 1, but just watch us in 2018/2020!"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
haha jokes on Conway, liberal academics write the history books you dumb idiot

i hope they get the opportunity to poo poo all over her

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Aves Maria! posted:

um, i'll have you know that nothing matters

poo poo, I knew I should have fact checked my optimism.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Trump and the GOP being unpopular isn't enough to win elections. 2018 is winnable but only if Dems learn politics again.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Glazier posted:

And when you lose in 2018? Then what? What about 2020 when Trump will be reelected in a landslide, what then?

Trump might actually lose in 2020, if the Democrats run a good candidate

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

No, he was going for "the only place more depressing than this thread is grad school".
at least you eventually get out grad school, there are people who have been posted basically this way since like 2003

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Lmao Trump is running -15 in safe republican districts even down ballot where Good Loyal Republicans always vote R even when the orange oompa loompa is distracting them. drat that's super bad. I look forward to Ralph Northam cruising to victory in VAs gubernatorial and the VA house becoming Dem controlled following those numbers.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Then my apologies. :(

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The 2018 and 2020 Toxx threads are going to be so great.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

cravius posted:

Republican ekes out victory in deep southern state: "This will usher in North Korean style death camps within the week"
To be fair, posters were predicting that well before the GOP victories tonight.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
this thread is like one giant WE'RE hosed ossoff donation email but for 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

Right, you keep believing that. Lmao.

Democrats are all the same. "We got absolutely crushed despite outspending our opponent 2 to 1, but just watch us in 2018/2020!"

They're going to try campaigning on the down-low so Republicans won't vote for their opponents!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Overwined posted:

• Locked thread