Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bitter fly posted:

Just plopped down some money on getting a Switch today at Gamestop, it comes with Arms and a really lovely looking game called "Has Been Heroes". Was going to get one from Amazon but they increased the price on me. Too bad I had to get a poo poo bundle, I wanted to get Mario Kart and Zelda BoTW :argh:

Has-Been Heroes isn't all that bad, really. I bought it on sale for $10 and don't regret it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Zelder posted:

Naw he's right, that was really dumb hyper puma

if im wrong then why are yall so upset lol

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm actually ranting and raving behind my computer, you caught me. You're much better at reading tone than you are at playing Zelda

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

im sorry i have a different opinion than you

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

thank you for apologizing

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Bitter fly posted:

a really lovely looking game called "Has Been Heroes"

Fight me

The game isn't going to be for everyone, but it's not a lovely game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wish BotW wasn't a boring and bland game but what are you going to do. Hopefully when they make a sequel they can remember making the game fun and not entirely reliant on "haha I abused the physics engine."

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I wish BotW wasn't a boring and bland game but what are you going to do. Hopefully when they make a sequel they can remember making the game fun and not entirely reliant on "haha I abused the physics engine."

ya. in retrospect it was sort of a well done frame for a great game down the line and at best a 8/10

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i think theres a lot to love in the game

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I played BotW on the Wii U and I thought it deserved an 8.8

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

But they did that

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

TFRazorsaw posted:

But they did that

I'm just assuming it's a transparent attempt at trolling :shrug:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Question, what would cause the Switch to stay on in a case, draining power and getting hot without it actually being on? Took mine out the case and it was hot as if it were running and the battery was at 1%.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I re purchased breath of the wild for the switch and it's still extremely bad!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Question, what would cause the Switch to stay on in a case, draining power and getting hot without it actually being on? Took mine out the case and it was hot as if it were running and the battery was at 1%.

Same question - mine did this on Monday (although it wasn't hot when I happened to check it and found it had 1%).

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

If the case is soft, something pressing it and holding a stick or button will keep it awake.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
BOTW is dank tho??? :confused: I've got over 100 hours in it and I still boot it up a couple times a week to go wandering around looking for those last shrines I don't have. Even when I don't find one I still have fun with it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

SystemLogoff posted:

If the case is soft, something pressing it and holding a stick or button will keep it awake.

I just took the Switch and held down all the buttons while it was asleep and it didn't turn on, not sure if a stick being bent or button being held is the culprit. The screen was off when I checked it in the case but it was hot and down to 1%.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Probably an update. I think the Switch version is 720p even while docked, so they might get it to 1080p finally.

I mean, keep in mind that's the generic Snake Pass twitter account and it came out for other systems.

Not that it's probably not an update but the first thing that sprung to mind for me is like, one of those companies that produces physical copies for games.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

iajanus posted:

I'm just assuming it's a transparent attempt at trolling :shrug:

I posted my genuine thoughts awhile back, it's just a ultra dumbed down version.

I think the games okay but it's just that. Outside of climbing there wasn't a lot fun to it for me personally due to the lack of enemy variety and how braindead easy it was once you got armor that stopped you from getting one hit.

Really terrible boss fights, really boring dungeons (outside Hyrule Castle), lack of any new trinkets or stuff to mess with- it totally failed me on just about every level.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

My only complaint with breath of the wild is that it's going to make goty discussions vey contentious when Odyssey comes out

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
your standards are too loving high if you think BOTW is a bad game

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Imagined posted:

I bought Dead Cells on Steam today and boy would I love it if I could have that on a portable like the Switch. Fantastic game. Think Rogue Legacy (or 20XX) + Symphony of the Night. Looks like they're interested in a Switch port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he2wG3HD92A

i would buy and play this along with stardew valley day 0 preorder

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

THE loving MOON posted:

BOTW is dank tho??? :confused: I've got over 100 hours in it and I still boot it up a couple times a week to go wandering around looking for those last shrines I don't have. Even when I don't find one I still have fun with it.

Yep! And I haven't even played it yet. Only watched my girlfriend play while helping out every once in a while and it's absolutely up somewhere in my GOTY list. It's a wonderful game.

I really need to beat Horizon this week so I can move on to BOTW. I'm bad at actually finishing games so I've made a point of beating this one first.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

those are my thoughts exactly.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Everyone's entitled to their opinions but I don't know how you can walk away from botw and describe it as bland. I don't even know how to rebut that because I can't even understand the language gap between us

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am playing Breath of the Wild in an airport terminal right now. The commercials were prophetic

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'll be playing ARMS on my flight tonight and possibly some Mario Kart with my coworker or any cute girls who are nearby and the future is now

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

bowmore posted:

In what world is an 8.8 out of 10 a bad score?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress everybody who doesn't like botw as much as I do

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
it would be neat if the Switch had a second game so people could stop having the same conversation about Zelda over and over again

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Now I just need to take my Switch to the park, then an underpass, then a rooftop party, then join a professional Splatoon 2 team

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Guy Goodbody posted:

it would be neat if the Switch had a second game so people could stop having the same conversation about Zelda over and over again

stardew valley comes out this year, so... soon?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now I just need to take my Switch to the park, then an underpass, then a rooftop party, then join a professional Splatoon 2 team

They should do a live action Metroid Prime movie (even if they just started now it'd come out before 4) and cast Kaitlin Olson as Samus.

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I bought Cave Story at GameStop. The cute extras make me feel less salty about paying $30 for it. It even came with a cool Balrog keychain that the dude from Binding of Isaac obviously designed.

I can't wait to amass a huge keychain that's mostly just extras from overpriced Switch games.:v:

Do all of them come with the extras or do you have to have pre ordered it or whatever. Knowing Gamestop Im assuming it's a preorder only thing, even if it comes packed in. But Ive never played Cave Story and I got keychains from Puyopuyo Tetris and I got one of those Switch backpacks and have been adding stuff to it like those little pins or keychains you get with games or preorders and poo poo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Scholtz posted:

They should do a live action Metroid Prime movie (even if they just started now it'd come out before 4) and cast Kaitlin Olson as Samus.

Ah drat, I had the perfect casting for Samus and I can't remember her name now.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i would buy and play this along with stardew valley day 0 preorder

I already preordered Stardew Valley. Find a preorder broker who will put your money in escrow in lieu of a formal process from Nintendo

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zelder posted:

Everyone's entitled to their opinions but I don't know how you can walk away from botw and describe it as bland. I don't even know how to rebut that because I can't even understand the language gap between us

I like the overworld and that's about it, all the fights were vs the same 3 sword and board mooks just colored differently and every nonstandard enemy outside guardians only had 1HP. It made combat super dull and uninteresting to me really, and the fact the game gives you all of your "items" in the first hour and there's nothing new introduced other then the ghost powers there wasn't much else to do to spice fights up in the insanely long game.

Like yeah I froze a enemy and pushed it off a cliff, or threw a metal object in a storm to zap enemies and it was neat in a "Haha it's cool I can do that" kind of way but it wasn't like it was a new wrinkle in combat.

There just wasn't anything there really :shrug:

E: If you like fighting the same exact bokoblin 1000 times while going across open fields into samey shrines then that's fine, you do you. It just wasn't for me and I'd just barely put it above Skyward Sword.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Ah drat, I had the perfect casting for Samus and I can't remember her name now.

sounds like the perfect role for the switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
ARMS

• Locked thread