Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lessail posted:

i've been thinkin this for a while, but dems need to stop trying to use trumpisms to mock him

anyway lol ossoff

It's almost like the candidates should sell people on why they are, in fact, good, instead of just rambling about how bad their opposition is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Jazerus posted:

Nanomashoes posted:

https://twitter.com/jeffroe/status/877285835124682752
I wonder what the dollars to % swing ratio is there for those races

someone who's good with money help me budget this my party is dying

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

i lived in atl for ages so like half my fb feed was pro ossoff posts

i could not tell you one item from his platform besides "lol no single payer"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
buy less white flight districts

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Breakfast All Day posted:

should have checked his website

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

everything was either just anti trump or "at least bernie cant gently caress this one up" from the bougies in buckhead and midtown

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shinjobi posted:

It's almost like the candidates should sell people on why they are, in fact, good, instead of just rambling about how bad their opposition is.

Ossof barely ever mentioned Trump so I think he may have just someone found a way to run a universally bad campaign I can't take much more of this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Venom Snake posted:

Ossof barely ever mentioned Trump so I think he may have just someone found a way to run a universally bad campaign I can't take much more of this

Fair enough, it was more aimed at the Democratic party in general.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Venom Snake posted:

ossoff had a strategy of not nationalizing the campaign, which probably doesn't work well on the most nationalized campaign ever

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i got a ton of flyers in the mail and on my door and my takeaway of his central message was 'responsible government spending' which isn't a loving platform or policy

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Concerned Citizen posted:

ossoff had a strategy of not nationalizing the campaign, which probably doesn't work well on the most nationalized campaign ever

The early autopsy's I'm reading/hearing is that he didn't really have a "strategy" at all. Or at least a focused one....

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

The early autopsy's I'm reading/hearing is that he didn't really have a "strategy" at all. Or at least a focused one....

wow where have i heard that recently. seems familiar to a 300something page book half the country read a couple months ago

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ossoff seems like the type of person who is used to things just going his way~

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

jonathan chait has to be one of the most overrespected dullards in media

https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/877377676100734976

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

on his endlessly retweeteed twitter ossoff mentioned trump in all but name constantly by writing about how he would restore respectability to politics

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The upside of this I guess is every dem loss will hasten the destruction of the internal status que within the party.

Fuckin Trump made us all accelerationists and I hate it

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

perfectly smooth campaign to fit the smoothboy candidate

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/lbourgie/status/877368912433659905

https://twitter.com/lbourgie/status/877372525176643584

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

Much like...

nobody will bother to learn anything from this

dem strategy is flawless

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

Fuckin Trump made us all accelerationists and I hate it

Homeless Friend posted:

dancing on the corpse of democratic party and howling wildly owns

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

All this needs is an ending with Solidarity forever. Also lol the cucks Cuckboy lost by 3.7 points more then Hillary. I really think this country needs some Maoist style cultural revolution on the Ivy Leagues. Just send them all to work in loving Steel Mills, Walmarts, and Mcdonals for two years, also close down every Ivy League school. Useless wastes of space.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

i do appreciate the DNC taking a risk extending an olive branch to the left with ossoff though. i mean, he probably never even owned slaves

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

nice

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

pyrotek posted:

Much like...

nobody will bother to learn anything from this

dem strategy is flawless

Even the most ardent party line people seem fairly shook so I think they are maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe starting to get it a tiny bit that 2018 is right around the corner and they still haven't hashed out an actual strategy

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
The tragedy is it's only going to stop the DCCC from doubling down on white flight shitholes if they're dragged kicking and screaming.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

he mostly talked about reducing corruption in the abstract, cutting unnamed spending, growing the economy, and other fake issues. he had no platform

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Tunicate posted:

I could go for third term teddy.

I mean Yeah the guy was a nationalist who murdered a million people, but he won, and also broke up the big companies while causing the Oligarchs to wail.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Vox Nihili posted:

he mostly talked about reducing corruption in the abstract, cutting unnamed spending, growing the economy, and other fake issues. he had no platform

oh he had a platform, it was tax cuts for the rich

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
dnc spending millions to find a way to bleach a person's skin to be perfectly white

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/877382658866769920

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

"yes...the perfect candidate...yes!!" - the dnc

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Agnosticnixie posted:

The tragedy is it's only going to stop the DCCC from doubling down on white flight shitholes if they're dragged kicking and screaming.

dems can't win the house without winning suburban districts, there's no path without them

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

dems can't win...there's no path

glad youve seen the light

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

KRock
Aug 13, 2007
College Slice

Shinjobi posted:

Karen Handel basically just rambled about how bad her opposition was, and it seems to have worked quite swimmingly for her

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

i'm an optimist breakfast all day

death ISN'T certain

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Aurubin posted:

Oldie but a goodie.

That seems like no money at all to get a party to vote in your interests, what the gently caress

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

It's a complete loving joke. Why run for office if you don't even have any stated policy goals? Why pursue political power if you have no agenda? At least I can respect the ability of insane dipshits who ran on deporting all cucks to articulate an agenda no matter how stupid it might be. I'm disgusted at not only the dems lack of any values but also the fact we have gone from the party of the great society to.....what ever the gently caress this is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i'm an optimist breakfast all day

death ISN'T certain

man you better knock on wood fast, i aint joking you madman

• Locked thread