Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Are you the kind of guy who takes a trip through the mountains and complains that the car ride there isn't a VR Six Flags roller coaster?

The game is about exploration and discovery. If you found it dull, it is probably because you actively dislike exploration and discovery.

BotW just isn't for you, and that's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How long does it take Nintendo to repair the left joycon issue?
It's not horrible for me but I'd like to get it sorted. Most of the time I play with the Pro.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yep! And I haven't even played it yet. Only watched my girlfriend play while helping out every once in a while and it's absolutely up somewhere in my GOTY list. It's a wonderful game.

I really need to beat Horizon this week so I can move on to BOTW. I'm bad at actually finishing games so I've made a point of beating this one first.

I'm bad at talking myself into finishing games. For gently caress's sake I stopped playing the new Shantae on the last level. I have Yakuza 0 and Nier Automata sitting on the shelf because Switch.

Inzombiac posted:

It's not horrible for me but I'd like to get it sorted. Most of the time I play with the Pro.

Mine was 3 days there and back.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Zelder posted:

Everyone's entitled to their opinions but I don't know how you can walk away from botw and describe it as bland. I don't even know how to rebut that because I can't even understand the language gap between us

This. Yatzhee Croshaw called the landscape "same-y" and even that I'm just like, "???????" BotW is literally my favorite game of all time. My previous favorite game was Ocarina, so that stood for a good 18 years.

Instant Sunrise posted:

In what world is an 8.8 out of 10 a bad score?

It's a meme.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Inzombiac posted:

I sent mine in and had it back I think four days later? Might have been five. It wasn't horrible for me either but it was making two player Mario Kart a bitch very occasionally.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Devoyniche posted:

Do all of them come with the extras or do you have to have pre ordered it or whatever. Knowing Gamestop Im assuming it's a preorder only thing, even if it comes packed in. But Ive never played Cave Story and I got keychains from Puyopuyo Tetris and I got one of those Switch backpacks and have been adding stuff to it like those little pins or keychains you get with games or preorders and poo poo.

I just walked in and got my store's only copy without preordering. All the stuff was hilariously packed into a normal Switch case that felt like it was about to burst. I believe the keychain and the little red bag it comes in is a GameStop exclusive. You still get the rest of the extras buying elsewhere.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Exploring breath of the wild is majestic when you run across empty landmasses or random encampments of the same enemies over and over

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

SeANMcBAY posted:

I just walked in and got my store's only copy without preordering. All the stuff was hilariously packed into a normal Switch case that felt like it was about to burst. I believe the keychain and the little red bag it comes in is a GameStop exclusive. You still get the rest of the extras buying elsewhere.

Mine didn't come with a keychain, just an instruction booklet and what I'm assuming is a soundtrack on a mini-CD that looks like something Zenon, Girl of the 21st Century would have listened to. But I ordered off Amazon. After I quit working at Gamestop (voluntarily) I quit preordering there too. Call me salty if you want but that place is trash.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Lobster posted:

Mine didn't come with a keychain, just an instruction booklet and what I'm assuming is a soundtrack on a mini-CD that looks like something Zenon, Girl of the 21st Century would have listened to. But I ordered off Amazon. After I quit working at Gamestop (voluntarily) I quit preordering there too. Call me salty if you want but that place is trash.

Mine came with all that too. I agree that GameStop sucks. I only buy there in cases like this.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

alright you goobers, I bought stand you all have been recommending. I noticed that it's quite a bit smaller than the HORI one, so I'll be returning that, at some point.

How thick is the thing though? When folded up, that is.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm honestly excited for Fuze Code Studios.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

natasha lyonne as Metroif

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I have a redeye flight tomorrow and if I don't pass out I'm going to be having a ton of fun on my switch. Almost looking forward to it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

enojy posted:

I'm bad at talking myself into finishing games. For gently caress's sake I stopped playing the new Shantae on the last level. I have Yakuza 0 and Nier Automata sitting on the shelf because Switch.

You should work on that. It's practice just like anything else and honestly I've found it very satisfying to stick with games. Little goals feel awesome to achieve even when it's something like beating a video game. You can do it too!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Takoluka posted:

Are you the kind of guy who takes a trip through the mountains and complains that the car ride there isn't a VR Six Flags roller coaster?

The game is about exploration and discovery. If you found it dull, it is probably because you actively dislike exploration and discovery.

BotW just isn't for you, and that's okay.

Seeing as I said I liked the overworld and the climbing I... don't follow your logic? Like that's the one thing I think was handled really well.

It's just everything else in there is boring as dirt.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: ATTN Aussies - Target has a really good Switch + Mario Kart bundle! :siren:

$30AUD for MK8! Let your mates know.

They're also listing Splatoon 2 for $64 as well, so that'll probably be the best price Australia wide if you're buying physical.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
BOTW is definitely on the top of my GOTY list.

my WORST Game of the Year list that is!!!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

:siren: ATTN Aussies - Target has a really good Switch + Mario Kart bundle! :siren:

They're also listing Splatoon 2 for $64 as well, so that'll probably be the best price Australia wide if you're buying physical.
Gonna get that Splatoon price matched at EB

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Infinitum posted:

can u link this cuz I can't find it lol

e. or is it in-store only?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bowmore posted:

*spirals thread into another Yet Another Discussion that digital is far superior to physical, even though that is a really really good price for Splatoon 2 that even I'm considering*

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Homestar Runner posted:

can u link this cuz I can't find it lol

e. or is it in-store only?

http://www.vooks.net/bargain-alert-targets-toy-event-will-switch-bundles-mario-kart-8-deluxe-499/
Catalogue starts on June 29th.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

bowmore posted:

nearly my entire physical games collection for the last 5 years is based on taking photos of kmart or big w catalogues to EB

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
^ ok cool thx

I already have a Switch and Kart, trying to convince my buddy to finally pony up some cash so we can dominate online Kart again :cool:

e. sold! :waycool:

Homestar Runner fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jun 21, 2017

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Ah drat, I had the perfect casting for Samus and I can't remember her name now.

Emily Blunt

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ometeotl posted:

Emily Blunt

Charlize is still my choice and she loves doing weird sci-fi, so either one if they ever made a real attempt at it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
BotW has a great gameplay loop. I enjoy it because I can pick it up and play it until I feel like stopping since there's nothing explicitly making me feel like I have to keep playing like other games.

It's probably my favorite exploration game since the exploration is so fluid. An despite the combat taking a little bit to get used to, I still find it fun even if the enemies aren't that varied. Because, if you think about it, why would there be a million different enemies trying to kill you throughout the world?

I always hate horse riding in games, though.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Friendly reminder that Breath of the Wild is still the greatest game of all time, friends.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm buying cave story physically for the box art alone :negative:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Anidav posted:

I'm buying cave story physically for the box art alone :negative:

you are not alone, except i'm also getting the digital version so i don't have to swap carts. i'll gladly throw money at cave story over and over.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I liked BotW back when it was called Dragon's Dogma.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I have never played Cave Story for everyone's praise for it makes me wany to buy it.

Though 30 bucks is steep, especially since I just got both Witcher 3 expansions for 12.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blackchamber posted:

I liked BotW back when it was called Dragon's Dogma.

If only the open world in dragon's dogma wasn't garbage.

BOTW should totally have pawns though.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Andrast posted:

If only the open world in dragon's dogma wasn't garbage.

BOTW should totally have pawns though.

Three Navis floating around Link, H-E-Y-L-I-S-T-E-N.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

I have never played Cave Story for everyone's praise for it makes me wany to buy it.

Though 30 bucks is steep, especially since I just got both Witcher 3 expansions for 12.

It's literally a free game on PC, too.

Up to you, but don't throw money into a drain if you can't afford it.

It's quite short, you can beat it on a day off. Maybe 5-8 hours

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Cave Story+ is not free on PC unless you pirated it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cave Story+ would be a 'gently caress it' purchase at $15

$30 is a joke, even if it is a very good game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hopefully Gamestop has a sale on it later and I can pick it up digitally :toot:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Snake Pass updated with time trials and leaderboards

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Cave Story+ would be a 'gently caress it' purchase at $15

$30 is a joke, even if it is a very good game.

I'm in the same boat. Everyone keeps gushing about the game but I can't bring myself to buy a game for double the price for "reasons" and I have no interest in playing it on my PC, so my only option is to wait until it drops to 15.

I refuse to pay a switch tax on any game.

Also BOTW is my GOAT despite agreeing with the majority of complaints about the game. Breath of the Wilder in 2 years is going to be crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Breath of the Wild was really good and I wish I could erase my memories of it and start all over.

• Locked thread