Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Agrajag posted:

what is there where you put your penis?

lol like you never went buck wild on a pumpkin before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
Avatar is the biggest box office hit of all time, grossing $2.7B worldwide. The sequels are set for release thusly: Avatar 2 on December 18, 2020; Avatar 3 on December 17, 2021; Avatar 4 on December 20, 2024; and Avatar 5 on December 19, 2025.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
gas

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

was disappointed that wasnt a bonzo tattoo when i zoomed in

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

His horse is named evil

I know, weird but true.

Evil kNEEIIIGHHHHvel

Evil CuckNEIGGGHHvel

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

when i fart it sounds like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6JEXquWC7A

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Good afternoon friends, how has TRUMP treated you today

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Majorian posted:

I thought you wrote "I made stirfry in the toilet," and it was going to be my favorite euphemism I've ever read.

:discourse:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trump is going to default on the debt after taking away healthcare from 51 million people and turn the most powerful nation on earth into a dying ruin. god bless

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yeah i need to get like, an aquarium, a tv set up behind it, a camera in front of it, and like, shoot the cuttlefish and project its negative or some madness behind it, then use the changing pictures to control the audio

animals are so much easier to get along with than people

http://i.imgur.com/yenUupW.gifv

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

tithin posted:

fairly, and with dignity

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I'm really pumped for Avatar 4, gonna be sick!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yeah i need to get like, an aquarium, a tv set up behind it, a camera in front of it, and like, shoot the cuttlefish and project its negative or some madness behind it, then use the changing pictures to control the audio

animals are so much easier to get along with than people

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

tithin posted:

that gangtag owns

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

mormonpartyboat posted:

Avatar is the biggest box office hit of all time, grossing $2.7B worldwide. The sequels are set for release thusly: Avatar 2 on December 18, 2020; Avatar 3 on December 17, 2021; Avatar 4 on December 20, 2024; and Avatar 5 on December 19, 2025.

Remember that these sequels were announced due to a tweet that said avatar was completely forgettable in spite of it being a high earner

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

thinkgin about horse

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hes such a wanker

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

pgs later n ur still on the farts

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

how very goku

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

kaleedity posted:

< HUMANITARIAN >

well he did eat humans

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

poop

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

lol I'm gonna be so loving old and sad by the time the last avatar movie comes out

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

This dude isn't sentient.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
its time to nuke the planet imo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Imagine accessing these forums in public

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I'm really pumped for Avatar 4, gonna be sick!

wth happened to 2 and 3??!?!

WHAT THE gently caress DID YOU DO TO TWO AND THREE MOTHERFUCKER>?!?! WHAT DID YOU DO WITH EM?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the last avatar film will never come out. the next avatar film may never come out.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Lastgirl posted:

calm down and listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GvB9ySUJ3A

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

jupiters had it too good anyway

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Lastgirl posted:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lastgirl posted:

dont jinx, retard. hahahaha. im drinking lastgirl. is that perosn in ur avatar who? i dont know. itlook s like zooman deschanel but it isnt quite. she ought tobe poisoned

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Imagine accessing these forums in public

i do everyday u fucken basement dwelling pice of poo poo goddamn! !!!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
ok now nuke

ok u can nuke

right now

nuke it please

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Me too pufferfish. Me too.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

loving stuck with lovely movies about giant cat faced weirdos instead of getting a proper battle angel movie from david cam i hope the world dies before another poo poo avatar movie poops out of cam's 3d butt

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im playing abrbarian in bg2 but i have no pateneice. i nuclear bombed my laptop into the shadows of an ash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GrimGypsy posted:

lol I'm gonna be so loving old and sad by the time the next avatar movie comes out

Fixed because the 2nd one has already been delayed for a decade

quote:

In 2006, Cameron stated that if Avatar was successful, he hoped to make two sequels to the film.[298] In 2010, he said the film's widespread success confirmed that he would do so.[299] He included certain scenes in the first film for future story follow-ups.[298][300] Cameron planned to shoot the sequels back-to-back and to begin work "once the novel is nailed down".[301] He stated that the sequels would widen the universe while exploring other moons of Polyphemus.[290] The first sequel would focus on the ocean of Pandora and also feature more of the rainforest.[302] He intended to capture footage for this sequel at the bottom of the Mariana Trench using a deepwater submersible.[303] In 2011, Cameron stated that he was just starting to design the ocean ecosystem of Pandora and the other worlds to be included in the story. The storyline, although continuing the environmental theme of the first film, would not be "strident" since the film will concentrate on entertainment.[304]

The sequels would continue to follow the characters of Jake and Neytiri.[305] Cameron implied that the humans would return as the antagonists of the story.[306] Worthington and Saldana signed on to reprise their roles in the sequels.[300] In 2010, Cameron confirmed that Sigourney Weaver[307] and Stephen Lang were also expected to return despite the demise of their characters.[308] The sequels were originally scheduled for release in December 2014 and 2015.[309] In 2011, Cameron stated his intention to film the sequels at a higher frame rate than the industry standard 24 frames per second, in order to add a heightened sense of reality.[310][311]

In 2012, Cameron first mentioned a possible third sequel.[312] That year, Cameron stated that the sequels were being written as "separate stories that have an overall arc inclusive of the first film", with the second having a clear conclusion instead of a cliffhanger to the next film. Cameron expected to release Avatar 2 in 2015.[313] In 2013, it was confirmed that there would be three sequels. Screenwriters were also announced: Josh Friedman for the first, Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver for the second, and Shane Salerno for the third. Production was re-scheduled for 2014 with the films to be released in December 2016, 2017, and 2018.[314] Steven Gould was engaged to write four novels based on the films.[315] Later that year, Cameron announced that the sequels would be filmed in New Zealand, with performance capture to take place in 2014. An agreement with the New Zealand government required at least one world premiere to be held in Wellington and at least NZ$500 million (approximately US$410 million at December 2013 exchange rates) to be spent on production activity in New Zealand, including live-action filming and visual effects. The New Zealand government announced it would raise its baseline tax rebate for filmmaking from 15% to 20%, with 25% available to international productions in some cases and 40% for New Zealand productions (as defined by section 18 of the New Zealand Film Commission Act 1978).[316][317]

In April 2014, Cameron expected to finish the three scripts within six weeks, stating that all three sequels would be in production simultaneously and were still slated for December 2016 to 2018 releases.[318][319] He stated that although Friedman, Jaffa and Silver, and Salerno are each co-writing one sequel with him, they at first all worked together on all three scripts: "I didn't assign each writer which film they were going to work on until the last day. I knew if I assigned them their scripts ahead of time, they'd tune out every time we were talking about the other movie."[320][321] "We... worked out every beat of the story across all three films so it all connects as one, sort of, three-film saga."[322] Cameron also stated that Weaver would be featured in all three sequels and that her character Grace Augustine would be alive.[323] In March 2015, however, Weaver said that she will play a new character in the next film.[324]

By 2015, the scheduled release dates for the sequels were each delayed by another year, with the first sequel expected to be released in December 2017; Cameron called the writing process "a complex job".[325][326] In June 2015, James Horner, who was reported to be engaged to write music for the franchise, was killed in a plane crash.[327] In December, Cameron stated that he was "doing another pass through all three scripts ... Just refining. That's in parallel with the design process. The design process is very mature at this point. We've been designing for about a year and a half. All the characters, settings and creatures are all pretty much [set]."[328] The following month, Fox announced a further release delay.[329]

As of February 2016, production of the sequels was scheduled to begin in April 2016 in New Zealand.[330] In April 2016, Cameron announced at CinemaCon that there will be four Avatar sequels, all of which will be filmed simultaneously, with release dates in December 2018, 2020, 2022 and 2023, respectively.[331][332] In late October 2016, Cameron stated that he is going to push for "glasses-free 3D" with the sequels.[333]

In February 2017, the media website My Entertainment World stated that Avatar 2 had entered production and shooting would start on August 15, 2017, with Manhattan Beach, California as the main shooting location.[334][335][336][337][338] Cameron confirmed the upcoming shooting, and that the writing of all four sequels was now complete.[339] The following sequels are expected to start shooting right after Avatar 2 wraps filming.[340] The following month, Cameron revealed that Avatar 2 would not be released in 2018, as originally believed.[341] The sequel release dates were announced as starting on Dec. 18, 2020, for Avatar 2, Dec. 17, 2021 for Avatar 3, Dec. 20, 2024 for Avatar 4, and Dec. 19, 2025 for Avatar 5.[33]

• Locked thread