Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Codependent Poster posted:

How many fights would a Lance and Beverley backcourt cause?

You mean, with other teams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

As a Mavs fan, very triggered by this.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

deandre is worth way more than a lottery pick and the corpse of tyson chandler

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
as a person who considers Tyson Chandler my favorite player, maybe ever, and thinks he should probably start coaching immediately as soon as he retires and also thinks he's exactly who you want in your lockerroom especially if you're developing young defensive bigs,

no loving poo poo, of course DJ is worth way more than Chandler and a pick. That can't possibly have been a full consideration, that would make no sense whatsoever

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

EvanTH posted:

That can't possibly have been a full consideration, that would make no sense whatsoever

on the other hand, GM doc rivers

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
We are already at (screen cap of social media follow) + 👀 the nba is undefeated

Henchman of Santa posted:

John "Mohammad Bin" Salmons

Also Nick you asked for the Evan Turner Meatwad video like 200 posts ago so here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLoXmnANIMc

Thank you lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It's really a shame that Evan Turner is absolutely awful.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i've been mostly tuned out since the rockets poo poo their pants but have started tuning into offseason and well god dangit i thought i saw dwight howard got traded for a plumee and went to check and well lol

i know the thread has already moved on and is now talking about pat beverley twitter following and stuff but lol just lol

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

I love this thread.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Wow holy gently caress I just realized the hornets have both a Plumlee and a Zeller

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lolllllllllllllllll dwight

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/Jeffkais/status/877391763232763905
https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/877200694192869379

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Hey guys been on the 90 day DL with massive shoulder reconstruction but I heard the Warriors won another ring :woop:

In 5 short years we've gone from loveable fun guys to absolutely hated and despised I guess this is what it feels like to be the Lakers/Yankees minus about a billion championships

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Dear America. Please wake up soon! It's 5:30pm here in Singapore and I was having so much fun reading this thread before SAS and the NBA went to bed. Tia

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rick, if you need assistance, I am more than willing to help out with a murder-suicide :smith:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

TheKevman posted:

Hey guys been on the 90 day DL with massive shoulder reconstruction but I heard the Warriors won another ring :woop:

In 5 short years we've gone from loveable fun guys to absolutely hated and despised I guess this is what it feels like to be the Lakers/Yankees minus about a billion championships

:hfive:

I wish you a speedy recovery, man.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Jack's Flow posted:

:hfive:

I wish you a speedy recovery, man.

Thank you sir! :cheers:

It's good to be back- after a torn to poo poo rotator cuff and a 7 anchor labral repair, as well as bone spur removal and clavicle shaving, I'm happy to be able to move my right arm more than a foot 3 months after the fact!

I watched a poo poo load of Warriors basketball though so that owned.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

straight up brolic posted:

We weren't going to trade him last year or the year before that. Now that the team might actually break up, we'll move him and his bird rights to another team if the offer is right. I have no idea how that is worse than letting him go to the Mavericks for free.

Those were two separate thoughts. Phone posting so it comes out weird. Jordan plateaued a couple years ago, so they're selling low in the sense that his contract is pricier now.

And if he wasn't going to be part of your long terms plans, lol at the whole Mavericks thing. That trade proposed is absolutely retarded. They aren't going to get fair value for DJ by moving him. He's really loving good, Doc is a loving moron

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The part that gets me, is that the Lakers were able to trade for Dwight Howard, with much of the actual value of the trade being in large part out of assets that they didn't actually have. Somehow Mitch got several teams--some against their own best interests--to contribute to the Lakers trading a bunch of expiring contracts and two second round picks for a player who at the time was considered by some to be a top 5 player in the league (not me, but hey, I'm consistent), while still retaining their two best players, while still being already deep in the luxury tax.

I once heard a good story on a podcast somewhere or other that Kupchak would call the GM all the time, always making offers for things the Lakers didn't have, just to always be aware of what hypothetical deal could be made for a player they wanted (some other good GMs do this too, obviously).

Now the Lakers traded one of their best players to facilitate a salary dump that they didn't really need to do (at least at the moment), for something that might only hypothetically happen, without bothering to check to see if the pick they traded for was what either of the teams they are trying to pull a bigger trade off with even wanted, and are now left with yet another pick late in a draft that they fired 2/3 of the primary scouts for.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Rick, if you need assistance, I am more than willing to help out with a murder-suicide :smith:

Thank you friend, I'll be right over.

Rick fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jun 21, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

TheKevman posted:

Thank you sir! :cheers:

It's good to be back- after a torn to poo poo rotator cuff and a 7 anchor labral repair, as well as bone spur removal and clavicle shaving, I'm happy to be able to move my right arm more than a foot 3 months after the fact!

I watched a poo poo load of Warriors basketball though so that owned.

Congrats Kevman, still happy for you. Well, n ot from the massive shoulder reconstruction (upper torso work is the worst, people really don't know), but other than that, congrats.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Rick posted:

Congrats Kevman, still happy for you. Well, n ot from the massive shoulder reconstruction (upper torso work is the worst, people really don't know), but other than that, congrats.

:cheers: Rick! I missed NBA chat :(

I figured it's not like this board needed another Warriors fan though :laugh:

Rick posted:

Now the Lakers traded one of their best players to facilitate a salary dump that they didn't really need to do (at least at the moment), for something that might only hypothetically happen, without bothering to check to see if the pick they traded for was what either of the teams they are trying to pull a bigger trade off with even wanted, and are now left with yet another pick late in a draft that they fired 2/3 of the primary scouts for.

Would people really have been hating on D'Angelo so hard had he not made that stupid recording of Nick Young? I feel like a lot of people just kind of threw him into purgatory and he never struck me as an actual bad player in the way that some seem to have transformed him based on that stupid tape alone.

Or were you talking about Mozgov :rimshot:

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 21, 2017

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR
Guys i have to work today, and after the madness of yesterday I'm gonna be too nervous to check my phone to see whats happening. This offseason is nuts so far and the draft hasn't even happened. :aaaaa:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

If the Kings make their own picks, renounce Rudy Gay, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, waive Arron Afflalo, and refuse to tender Ben McLemore a QO, they could have upwards of 65 million dollars in cap space.

I wonder what they'll do with it.

I wonder if they want my favorite team's bad contracts.

Langston opted out for reasons I can't understand but won't complain about. $67M they can spend and no big FAs who give a poo poo about us. I was hoping we'd just eat a bad Portland contact in exchange for a late first, which is why I'm annoyed that they didn't swoop in on the Russell deal.

Maybe we can eat that Noah deal for #8

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

TheKevman posted:

:cheers: Rick! I missed NBA chat :(

I figured it's not like this board needed another Warriors fan though :laugh:

Would people really have been hating on D'Angelo so hard had he not made that stupid recording of Nick Young? I feel like a lot of people just kind of threw him into purgatory and he never struck me as an actual bad player in the way that some seem to have transformed him based on that stupid tape alone.

Russell probably would've been screwed either way because Byron Scott blamed him for being fired and his number one advocate was Magic. The tape thing definitely had some of the fan base against him, and hurt his perception in fanbases around the league, though, which probably hurt his trade value. But even though a portion of the fan base didn't like him, he was by far the most popular player on the team in a post Kobe world.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

TheKevman posted:

Essentially Russell was a rookie last year, as the year before he had a coach who literally hated him and denied him any opportunity to learn and grow whatsoever.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think it's cool the nets have a prospect who could turn into a v good player. At least they will be more fun to watch.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Just realized Lavar Ball lifted his entire playbook from 2000s youtube sensation The Spirit of Truth

You nincom-fuckin-poop

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Just realized Lavar Ball lifted his entire playbook from 2000s youtube sensation The Spirit of Truth

You nincom-fuckin-poop

You the devil, huh?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Over/Under 20 re: Number of total Plumlee-related transactions, before all retire

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

The part that gets me, is that the Lakers were able to trade for Dwight Howard, with much of the actual value of the trade being in large part out of assets that they didn't actually have. Somehow Mitch got several teams--some against their own best interests--to contribute to the Lakers trading a bunch of expiring contracts and two second round picks for a player who at the time was considered by some to be a top 5 player in the league (not me, but hey, I'm consistent), while still retaining their two best players, while still being already deep in the luxury tax.

I once heard a good story on a podcast somewhere or other that Kupchak would call the GM all the time, always making offers for things the Lakers didn't have, just to always be aware of what hypothetical deal could be made for a player they wanted (some other good GMs do this too, obviously).

Thank you friend, I'll be right over.

I'm sorry Rick. Hopefully there's a secret conspiracy to build a new superfriends team in Los Angeles that will make all other owners furious

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Greg Monroe opted in

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

And here I thought that Philly skipping on trading for Butler with their #3 pick would be the dumbest poo poo to come out of yesterday.

Ready for day 2.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Jimmy Butler is a poor man's Stanley Johnson

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Jimmy Butler is a poor man's Stanley Johnson

This is what some Chicago sports media people believe

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Butler didnt want to go to CLE why would he want to go to Philly.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This morning has been quiet too quiet

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

This morning has been quiet too quiet

Only 7:30 out west

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

remember that dude who was all like "contract half the league" a few weeks ago imagine a world where that happens and the offseason never even approaches this level smh

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Is there a place to check percentage of play type by player other than Synergy? Could have sworn there was a spot on the NBA site that had this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Get well soon KevMan. Rehab on that's going to suck a lot but you will power through it

WhyteRyce posted:

Langston opted out for reasons I can't understand but won't complain about. $67M they can spend and no big FAs who give a poo poo about us. I was hoping we'd just eat a bad Portland contact in exchange for a late first, which is why I'm annoyed that they didn't swoop in on the Russell deal.

Maybe we can eat that Noah deal for #8

If Langston can't get a bigger contract all 30 GMs are stupid. If you take my number 8 you'll probably just try to redraft Jimmer so don't even try! Yes it is "my" pick.

I really like having Noah on the team even though he doesn't play. He's the perfect tanking piece right now, keeps up morale despite sucking and can also show my boy Paps a thing or two about defense

• Locked thread