Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Patrick Beverley just followed the Pacers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I appreciate Vlade not making a bad trade up with the picks but now I think he might have pivoted too hard in the other direction. Like, he was going to be fine with seeing whatever fell at #5 and #10 and by golly he's made his plan and is sticking too it no matter what is going on.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/espn/status/877362751064113152

Lol keep it up NBA

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you son of a bitch

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

At work a now-former coworker of mine and I were discussing athletes we thought were good-looking. She described the type she liked and as an example gave Patrick Beverley. I was a little surprised, because that's kind of a deep cut, but maybe she follows the NBA more closely than I thought.

A couple weeks later she's on her lunch break and I see her calling Patrick Beverley on Facetime

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

kingcobweb posted:

At work a now-former coworker of mine and I were discussing athletes we thought were good-looking. She described the type she liked and as an example gave Patrick Beverley. I was a little surprised, because that's kind of a deep cut, but maybe she follows the NBA more closely than I thought.

A couple weeks later she's on her lunch break and I see her calling Patrick Beverley on Facetime

She was trying to get the pipe

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Apparently he wants an extension

Thing is unless your name is James Harden the chances of getting an extension from the Rockets are not good, so whatever

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/877294092308426752

chunkles fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 21, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

you son of a bitch

You willed this into existence

Take Responsibility for your words.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
NOOOoOoOooooooooooo

I'm putting this on KD and the Warriors somehow

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wait, did they specifically say the bobcats instead of hornets because that was the last time Dwight was good. Are they trying to hack Dwight's brain into thinking it's 2011

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

probably cus he's posting ITT and wants to get the scoop on Magic trading all his assets for PG

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Pacers are trading for Patrick Beverley to trade him and Paul George to the Lakers for the #2 and Clarkson, obviously

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Remember like two years ago when everyone thought Atlanta would be a force in the East for some time. Then the Brooklyn pick swaps turned into Tim Hardaway Jr. and Bud started making dumb FA decisions
Which people? I think even as they made the conference finals people didn't really respect them, and them falling back into the field was the expectation.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I like to think every rumored player movement is just part of Magic's unfolding ill conceived Rube Goldberg machine to get PG, yeah

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
what's this *pushes earpiece closer in ear* i've just received word from clutchfans that rockets are trading patrick beverley for kristaps porzingis. the salaries work in the trade machine so it's basically a done deal,

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
never let them know how smart you are

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hahahaha doc is retarded

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
bummer to see kawhi cut his braids

they were iconic in the modern nba and personally i thought he wore them pretty well

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/877370312706461696

Keep getting those checks baby

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
what is magic doing???

https://twitter.com/AP/status/877372111832178689

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

honestly, this is dwayne's only act as a bull other than the boston throat slash that i respect

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmfao

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

الله هو جيد جدا

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

RaySmuckles posted:

bummer to see kawhi cut his braids

they were iconic in the modern nba and personally i thought he wore them pretty well

he realized they take several hours of work that could be better spent on basketball related activities. It's a tough change but we all knew it'd come whenever he decided to grow up and get serious about his career

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

BWV posted:

الله هو جيد جدا

lol

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Boredumb posted:

The official Nick Young free agency extravaganza can begin now

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

FizFashizzle posted:

hey guys i checked carolinahuddle and

eh it's an entire team full of legitimate bench players, technically correct

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

John "Mohammad Bin" Salmons

Also Nick you asked for the Evan Turner Meatwad video like 200 posts ago so here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLoXmnANIMc

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

BWV posted:

الله هو جيد جدا

lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

[metal gear solid exclamation mark]

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/877378566694023168

NOT A DRILL

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Also Nick you asked for the Evan Turner Meatwad video like 200 posts ago so here it is:

god bless you for posting the vid

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
If the Kings make their own picks, renounce Rudy Gay, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, waive Arron Afflalo, and refuse to tender Ben McLemore a QO, they could have upwards of 65 million dollars in cap space.

I wonder what they'll do with it.

I wonder if they want my favorite team's bad contracts.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This might finally be the offseason to kill me
Thank you fart smella

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

i make the Jesus Ezekial Jesus "unf" every time i see IT shoot the ball

Siguy
Sep 15, 2010

10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0
The timing on the Lakers trade is odd.

The report that they were hoping for a lottery pick for D'Angelo but then settled for the 27th pick makes me feel like this was the scenario:

"We're going to draft Lonzo. What should we do about D'Angelo? Keep him or trade him?"
"Hmm, it'd be awesome if we could trade D'Angelo for another lottery pick, and then we can use that lottery pick as part of a package to land player X (probably Paul George). Let's do that!"
Then they find out that they can't get a lottery pick for D'Angelo, and rather than saying "Oh poo poo, what's the point of trading him if we can't get a useable asset" they became emotionally committed to trading him and rushed into the Nets deal.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

I am a Kawhi braids truther. He still has braids in this picture and they're just messy and the picture is low quality. The braids are there people.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

loving hell what is happening.

lmao

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

false alarm. stand down, everyone

apparently the guy who posted the photo, the chinese guy, said that kawhi still has his braids, its just the photo angle/quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How many fights would a Lance and Beverley backcourt cause?

• Locked thread