Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

Aw, and I have an entire VW 1.4TDI engine, box, ecu and loom etc for sale, too!

But quite seriously, the IVA barrier for a light trike is going to be much lower than a car, so I think it's totally doable on a budget. I've seen off-road trikes using a bike rear end, too, and they look fun as poo poo.

I agree, I do wonder about getting hold of a big wrecked scooter and a tube bender for a first draft single seater. Second draft would be mx5 front suspension and wrecked litre bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

Welcome to Regular Car Reviews. If you've never seen any of their videos before, it's basically reviews of generally common or at most uncommon vehicles written by a couple dirty humour enjoying English majors in their early 30s, with all that entails.

I've since unsubscribed from him, but the Suburban, MR2, Miata, both Outback Legacy, Corolla, and both "which x is best x" videos are a must-watch.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

I agree, I do wonder about getting hold of a big wrecked scooter and a tube bender for a first draft single seater. Second draft would be mx5 front suspension and wrecked litre bike.
Could you use a 'Busa?

Then when you inevitably die, I can have the engine to go in a Cappo.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BigPaddy posted:

is about planting your foot and letting the computers sort it out.

First part is right.

Second.... EEWWWWW NO. EW. Turn the computers off, thats fun police!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

Could you use a 'Busa?

Then when you inevitably die, I can have the engine to go in a Cappo.

I could use it. I couldn't afford it. But hey if I find one you can have it after you hose the schmoo off.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I finished painting + hanging the cabinets in the laundry room

Just gotta pick a new washer and dryer, paint and hang the trim, and paint the rest of the basement and it'll be done

Doing counter top against an unsquare wall sucks super bad

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Just gotta pick a new washer and dryer, paint and hang the trim, and paint the rest of the basement and it'll be done

You should paint those cabinets. They seem a little worn.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Darchangel posted:

You should paint those cabinets. They seem a little worn.

Ha I made the same joke to the missus

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'm starting to think my landlord isn't a very good one. I've been trying to call her since yesterday, and they haven't been answering the phone, and somehow, in 2017, they don't have a way to leave them messages.

It's like, the AC guy was out here a week and a half ago to confirm what I told them, that the unit was garbage, and needs to be replaced. Never heard back after that.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Ha I made the same joke to the missus

I know it's not too original, and not that I hate it or anything, but I think that every time I see weathered finishes. And "patina".

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It's because it's artificial, yeah. Not my taste, but eh.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Houses are never square/straight. Put the most obvious thing in effectively by eye, and work out from there, that's my usual approach.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I know my weather station reads a few degrees high because it's in direct sunlight and the small contained units just don't manage the sunlight properly, but...

My home weather station high temperature today was 126. It is currently 123 and I just had a brief power outage. I am currently extremely thankful that the power only stayed out for about 15 seconds... an extended outage right now would... suck. A lot.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Taking the kids to Cars 3 tonight. There is a lot of hate for Cars 2 because it was mostly Mater's side show which is irritating at best but the car jokes and poking fun at Leyland motors is great. All in all I enjoyed it but there was not quite the magic of the first. The Cars toys have all been fantastic though.

Cars was amazing for our first (somewhere in the 3/early 4 yo. stage) when we showed it to him (and he sat through like 30 mins at a stretch). Cars 2 was beyond unsuitable for him (from our perspective), even though he loved maters tall tales. The tonal shift between the two movies was amazing. I still need to watch 2 again...but I recall not liking it nearly as much, even with the goofy humor.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm starting to think my landlord isn't a very good one. I've been trying to call her since yesterday, and they haven't been answering the phone, and somehow, in 2017, they don't have a way to leave them messages.

It's like, the AC guy was out here a week and a half ago to confirm what I told them, that the unit was garbage, and needs to be replaced. Never heard back after that.

Can you withhold rent in FL for poo poo like that? Some states consider hvac so vital that your landlord needs to have it fixed in 24 hours.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Kazinsal posted:

Welcome to Regular Car Reviews. If you've never seen any of their videos before, it's basically reviews of generally common or at most uncommon vehicles written by a couple dirty humour enjoying English majors in their early 30s, with all that entails.

I've seen plenty of RCR videos, but that one was pretty spectacular.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

The Locator posted:

So I know my weather station reads a few degrees high because it's in direct sunlight and the small contained units just don't manage the sunlight properly, but...

My home weather station high temperature today was 126. It is currently 123 and I just had a brief power outage. I am currently extremely thankful that the power only stayed out for about 15 seconds... an extended outage right now would... suck. A lot.

Most of the time when people say "the transformer blew up"....it isn't. Like, hardly ever. But when it gets abnormally hot or cold? Yeah them sum bitches will blow the gently caress UP.

Good luck friend.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
aaaaand I just found out there may be a harbor freight coming into my neighborhood potentially in the next year or so. I'm afraid for my wallet.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Beverly Cleavage posted:

aaaaand I just found out there may be a harbor freight coming into my neighborhood potentially in the next year or so. I'm afraid for my wallet.

:getin:

Start getting signed up for all the free subscriptions of Motortrend, Hotrod, etc. you can now, so that when the time comes you will have a limitless supply of 20% off coupons and FREE FLASHLIGHTS like I do. Keeping coupons in both my cars helps to justify those impulse purchases like four hundred metric O-rings or more socket extensions.

Truthfully, it is super incredibly useful for stuff you may only use once - case in point I needed to get the last of some really old fuel out of a truck before smog the other day: $~3.50 later and I had a siphon hose with a rubber ball hand-pump that worked perfectly. A+++ would shop at HF again.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rhyno posted:

Well we're gonna see if this PT power steering issue can be easily fixed (patched with JB weld lol) on Saturday and then decide if I keep driving it or put it up for sale. It really is in great shape, year old tires, 18 month old shock and the heat and AC both work so I figure I can get at least a grand out of it. Then I'll buy my friends that gave it to me lunch and feel cool with it.

Not sure how many people it takes to tell you "it won't loving work" but hey, here's another. :v: The pressure in those hoses is way too high for that poo poo. You either replace it or refill.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Larrymer posted:

Not sure how many people it takes to tell you "it won't loving work" but hey, here's another. :v: The pressure in those hoses is way too high for that poo poo. You either replace it or refill.

NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE.

I saw a PT where a dude cut the line and spliced in a piece to avoid taking it all apart and it worked just fine for like three days

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

angryrobots posted:

Most of the time when people say "the transformer blew up"....it isn't. Like, hardly ever. But when it gets abnormally hot or cold? Yeah them sum bitches will blow the gently caress UP.

Good luck friend.

And.... the power outage apparently took out the compressor unit... FML... going to be so loving hot tonight.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Had our washer and dryer delivered today and hahahah the wall drain for the washer is hosed up and dumped half a load of wash water all over the floor.

Home ownership rules. :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :shepspends:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I've seen plenty of RCR videos, but that one was pretty spectacular.

Every time Rhyno talks about the Free-T Cruiser I always think of the RCR PT Cruiser video. The one that's 20 minutes long and talks about how it's the distilled essence of middle-class eccentricities and nostalgia trickling down in a hand-me-down fashion to those who have to save up for months to think about affording simple maintenance like an oil change.

And then he goes and blows that idea away by just loving rocking that thing.

Shine on you crazy AI diamond.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kazinsal posted:

Every time Rhyno talks about the Free-T Cruiser I always think of the RCR PT Cruiser video. The one that's 20 minutes long and talks about how it's the distilled essence of middle-class eccentricities and nostalgia trickling down in a hand-me-down fashion to those who have to save up for months to think about affording simple maintenance like an oil change.

And then he goes and blows that idea away by just loving rocking that thing.

Shine on you crazy AI diamond.

Somebody's gotta live up to the Insanity part.

Me. I'm the somebody.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Is that also the video with the modernism/post-modernism chat? That was not what i expected when starting that video, but what a perfect must to make that point with.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

rdb posted:

Can you withhold rent in FL for poo poo like that? Some states consider hvac so vital that your landlord needs to have it fixed in 24 hours.

gotta notify them in writing for these kinds of things

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Beverly Cleavage posted:

My experience has been the opposite hello $12 after coupon nailer that I have already shot 1k plus brads/nails through and is awesome. $9 air comp acc kit. Free volt meter that let me diagnose my water heater. Have only had it a few months I am saving money. And so many free tarps/screwdrivers/whatever

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Building MTB trail ran late today after a photo shoot and then when we got down the road there were some guys standing around a fire drinking beer. So I stopped at taco bell for dinner since it was open and on the way. doritos locos tacos, those new chicken chip things. So bad but so good.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

And so bad the next day, that's the worst part :(

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Applebees Appetizer posted:

And so bad the next day, that's the worst part :(

Yeah, I think that after 30, your digestive system becomes incompatible with taco bell. Not that it was that much before then, but it was far better.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
like... tacos are delicious naturally, why would you put salty orange terribleness on the shells? Or in the white house?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Tacos are delicious. Doritos are delicious. BOTH TOGETHER IS DELICIOUS.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Their target demographic is people who earnestly post on highdeas.com

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Those floors :heysexy: Cabinets aren't bad and the color works but the artificially aged is kind of meh. With the houses we've been looking at I have a feeling it's time to branch out from just fixing cars to basic woodworking and house poo poo. Upside is new tools!

Might have missed the house we likes with the big detached garage but there will be others. I'm kind of bummed but the location of that one was just poo poo, hopefully the next ones will be more ideal.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

The Locator posted:

And.... the power outage apparently took out the compressor unit... FML... going to be so loving hot tonight.

motel motel motel

120-ish degrees is no way to live your life.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

I think the S1 Sport Quattro actually has the radiator in the back, doesn't it?

Not the original 10v version:

They did with the 20v.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

The Prong Song posted:

motel motel motel

120-ish degrees is no way to live your life.

Temp overnight got down near 80, and I slept surprisingly well with the fans blowing air around. The service guy is supposed to be here sometime later this morning, so I have to just suck it up and tough out the likely 90+ temps the house will be up to by the time he arrives.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Those floors :heysexy: Cabinets aren't bad and the color works but the artificially aged is kind of meh. With the houses we've been looking at I have a feeling it's time to branch out from just fixing cars to basic woodworking and house poo poo. Upside is new tools!

Might have missed the house we likes with the big detached garage but there will be others. I'm kind of bummed but the location of that one was just poo poo, hopefully the next ones will be more ideal.

Yeah dude, the floors are waterproof vinyl so they look fantastic for being fake :3:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Vinyl planking really is a great flooring material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CommieGIR posted:

Not the original 10v version:

They did with the 20v.
Audi always has been a fan of the service position. That's a stuffed bay and not the modern just plastic everywhere now

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yeah dude, the floors are waterproof vinyl so they look fantastic for being fake :3:
Wow, all the places we've toured with vinyl they look like poo poo

• Locked thread