Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001

metal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

my favorite part of this is that the balloons are just completely vaporized

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

omg

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

lol that did not go where i expected at all

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

yo what's a good firefox add-on to disable redirects for a site? im fuckin sick of imgurs bullshit which is breaking right-click, save as for images in ff.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

I don't get how any advice on what to do if the bombs drop is practical, you're pretty much automatically going to turn your head to look at a loud noise. It would never occur to you that we just got nuked before you're blinded.

It seems like the only real practical advice is that death is certain and you should hope you die quickly.

yo light travels faster than sound

d64
Jan 15, 2003
when the sun is low, reflected light from a window or balcony door being opened in the next building occasionally makes a "flash" in my flat. it can be pretty bright actually. i swear to god every time my first thought is "it has begun!"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

for about three months after trump got elected i would have a panic attack every time a large airplane flew by at a low elevation

it was bad enough that my wife started to notice it and told me hey maybe u should seek help

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
hydrogen balloons would have been even more hell yeah

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

cheese-cube posted:

yo what's a good firefox add-on to disable redirects for a site? im fuckin sick of imgurs bullshit which is breaking right-click, save as for images in ff.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Umatrix maybe?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

there's all kinds of hosed up animals like seahorses where eggs gestate in the male's stomach, or that toad that has all the holes in its back and it shoots the babies out like a nuclear submarine

why does birdo have to be anything

because japan is a nation of perverts

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

for about three months after trump got elected i would have a panic attack every time a large airplane flew by at a low elevation

oh no its airforce one, Trump has come to ride the escalators at the local mall!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

NoneMoreNegative posted:

oh no its airforce one, Trump has come to ride the escalators at the local mall!

trump is an elevator autist not escalator don't @ me

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

bump_fn posted:

Trump announced his run for presidency on an escalator, so

lol @ u

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Dodoman posted:

Umatrix maybe?

They throw a pipe into it's chest?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

We Know Catheters posted:

They throw a pipe into it's chest?

remove underwear before slaughtering

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

no it was more of nuclear war

i kept waking up from dreaming that a loud explosion occurred and I look out the window to briefly see the mushroom cloud before being vapourised then waking up sweaty

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it was bad enough that my wife started to notice it and told me hey maybe u should seek help

don't be silly

nuclear death in the modern era would be delivered by icbm re-entry vehicles travelling at hypersonic velocity.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sapozhnik posted:

don't be silly

nuclear death in the modern era would be delivered by icbm re-entry vehicles travelling at hypersonic velocity.

luckily i work across the street from a silo so i welcome the instant vapourisation that will inevitably come

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

because japan is a nation of perverts

cool racism

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm the dinosaur balls

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

:thunk:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

bump_fn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AjMBSwhraM

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

I'm the dinosaur balls

i'm his party hat

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

welcome to the yospos is good thread

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ArmZ posted:

welcome to the yospos is good thread

hoverwife lol

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

gently caress lcars, i want gumdrop ux

pram
Jun 10, 2001

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

uhh lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Crusader posted:

gently caress lcars, i want gumdrop ux

speaking of vr i saw some dude playing some shark showcase with psvr when i was in a so-called anti-cafe, and it looked unsurprisingly bad and vomit inducing. the worst part by far was the irl unsteadiness of everything, it seemed that every small motion of head sideways would start janking camera around like you are trying to play il2 or something with an uncalibrated diy head tracker from 2 coat hangers, some reflective tape, ir diode, and "modified" chinese webcam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WzpLtCw9r0

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the TOS bridge is intimidating, the first time I was in a game that tried it everyone noped the hell out simultaneously the moment the mission started. all the buttons are unlabeled (without the popup guide) and you have poo poo like cycle target buttons instead of being able to tap on them. also your info displays are scattered all over the bridge and you have to look around to see them

cinci zoo sniper posted:

speaking of vr i saw some dude playing some shark showcase with psvr when i was in a so-called anti-cafe, and it looked unsurprisingly bad and vomit inducing. the worst part by far was the irl unsteadiness of everything, it seemed that every small motion of head sideways would start janking camera around like you are trying to play il2 or something with an uncalibrated diy head tracker from 2 coat hangers, some reflective tape, ir diode, and "modified" chinese webcam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WzpLtCw9r0

psvr head tracking is not the best, it's outdated tech and can easily be set up wrong or succumb to bad environment

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 21, 2017

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

nintendo knows its audience

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Dodoman posted:

The population of the nintendo universe with great asses is less than that of the real world.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

haveblue posted:

psvr head tracking is not the best, it's outdated tech and can easily be set up wrong or succumb to bad environment
lovely setup/bad storage conditions are practically a given for that place

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I don't know why I made that post but I felt strongly that I needed ta make it.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Dodoman posted:

hairdressers?

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
hahahaha, nice one, punchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

ol qwerty bastard posted:

hahahaha, nice one, punchy

• Locked thread