Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Arms_Akimbo posted:

My cat just brought me a dead mouse. I have no choice but to throw it in the trash, but it's making me realize he put more compassion and love into that dead mouse than CIG has ever shown their backers.

Had you accepted this free meal you could have bought another ship you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Working at foundry 42 must be inspiring, seeing Erin making such a massively inflated salary.

All you need is no hard work, no determination, and being Chris Robert's brother.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Glad you managed to get out, friend. Not in that goony/smartie haha you stuck it to them, but in that way that I'm just glad you could see it for what it is and that you did it before the slowly impending MVP that will likely be used to stop refunds.

Send people a $0.64 tin with a manual or a $0.29 thumb drive with version 3.0 in it and presto, physical media now in your hands delivered. Sorry no refunds now.

Friend, I'm happy to see both those whoever put any money in to Chris Roberts dream and Chris Roberts lose it all.

I mean, it was always a Chris Roberts project, what the gently caress was anyone ever thinking kickstarting anything from that idiot? Let alone those who ever had more than the normal price of a pre order of a AAA game in it.

Pre ordering is dumb; those pre-ordering a Chris Roberts game are super dumb. Refund or not.

To be happy that people have got their money back is sad at best, they where foolish to have ever put money in it to start with and most likely should have been taught a lesson by losing their money so as to think twice in the future.

In saying that, I do believe in consumer laws and CIG are most definently in breach of many so people should rightly get their money back.

Anyone who would ever put the likes of hundreds, if not over a thousand dollars into a single computer game are dumb, weither it was just 'disposable income' or not.

Chris Roberts is a inept fool at best, a con artist at worst - anyone ever giving him money deserves what they get.

My opinion.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 21, 2017

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Exinos posted:

no hard work,... and being Chris Robert's brother.
Actually, it sounds like pretty hard work. Imagine Chris can call you at any time of day or night regardless of what you're working or sitting on.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Twisted boneless horror.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Arms_Akimbo posted:

My cat just brought me a dead mouse. I have no choice but to throw it in the trash, but it's making me realize he put more compassion and love into that dead mouse than CIG has ever shown their backers.

Yeah but CIG brought you a dead game

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Arms_Akimbo posted:

you need to eat the mouse or the cat will be sad.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Gradis posted:

you need to eat the mouse or the cat will be sad.

Nah, you just have to show that you've learned from your mistake and become a better hunter so the poor cat doesn't have to support and teach you.

To make it sad, you have to catch a mouse of your own and bring it home to the cat. What an insult! :stonk:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

From alleged Evocati sources although I can't confirm. Pinch of salt:

No Evocati This Week; Update on Friday!
pinned
discussion
Today at 21:17

Hey ladies and gents...

I know our Production Schedule said our range of start dates began June 21 (which naturally everyone was getting excited for).

However, we will not start 3.0 testing this week. We're making tremendous progress - and it will certainly be worth the wait - but there's a fair bit of work to do still.

We're working directly with the production team on this and will have a full updated schedule this Friday. Stay tuned.

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

MedicineHut posted:

tremendous progress

Huh...

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

I hope you can still do this in the Jesus Patch. *

* There is no Jesus Patch.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

MedicineHut posted:

pinned
discussion

Hey ladies and gents...

I know our Production Schedule said our range of start dates began June 21 (which naturally everyone was getting excited for).

However, we will not start 3.0 testing this week. We're making tremendous progress - and it will certainly be worth the wait - but there's a fair bit of work to do still.

We're working directly with the production team on this and will have a full updated schedule this Friday. Stay tuned.
Sounds about right for them.
And that redditor who keeps the excel was so sure.

Sorry avocados. You can't play-test a pre-alpha build that is getting reduced in features week by week, but aren't you happy that Chris and crew got to "play" it on-stage last year?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AbstractNapper posted:

Sounds about right for them.
And that redditor who keeps the excel was so sure.

Sorry avocados. You can't play-test a pre-alpha build that is getting reduced in features week by week, but aren't you happy that Chris and crew got to "play" it on-stage last year?

excuse you but that never happened or people might start to wonder why it's almost been a year since they supposedly saw 3.0 being played and paid 10,000,000$ in sales for that fact.

It's almost as if those demos weren't representative of what CIG actually had complete and were instead designed specifically to make money. That is if they ever happened which they didn't.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Last I checked Erin was still regarded as the competent brother who actually knows how to code and actually got Starlancer out of the door. What changed?

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Nipplejet Cruiser 3000

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Alchenar posted:

Last I checked Erin was still regarded as the competent brother who actually knows how to code and actually got Starlancer out of the door. What changed?

Chris looking over his shoulder.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Only in dreams.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Funny you should mention this, because a tidbit in a Eurogamer post about this video stuck out to me, and I wanted to post it here...

quote:

The question is, will Crytek be around long enough to realise Hunt's potential? A source close to the studio has told Eurogamer Crytek was once again late to pay salaries this month, but the development team is pouring its heart into the game, buoyed by the chance to create a core-focused shooter.
How many times has Crytek teetered on the edge of bankruptcy and stopped paying staff in the last couple of years? Three? Four?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BoredGamerUK/status/877497600139825152

:gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JetDingo/status/877472971018850305

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

radd posted:

I was more trying to make fun of the size of the "game" than the price of the drive, but that fell flat.

The drive containing the 100MB installer only is probably more accurate.

I made similar comments about shipping out cheap physical items as an excuse to deny refunds in my July blog.

Yes, exactly. Sending junk physical goods to people will help them secure a delivered state. People have stuff in their hands and digital goods in their internet. No matter who you are as a judge or jury you'll understand that stuff was transferred to the recipient.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Tokamak posted:

3.0 EVOCATI SUMMONING THREAD:

Would probably work better with a ripe avocado. That thing needs at least another 2 weeks.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Agreed, there's a good chance they're legit

Now see, you have a point. Not sounding like a developer at CIG basically means you may actually be the lead AI programmer or something. Not knowing what the heck you're doing is almost a job requirement.

Do you think you know more than Chris Roberts*? [Yes] [No]

(* knowing more than Chris Roberts invalidates you as a candidate for employment, even if you only think you might)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Exinos posted:

Working at foundry 42 must be inspiring, seeing Erin making such a massively inflated salary.

All you need is no hard work, no determination, and being Chris Robert's brother.

If you get that depressed though you can cheer yourself up by going to watch some of your director of marketing's independent films that she makes tirelessly with local teens and twenty-somethings in Hollywood, California. You can figure out which may interest you the most by watching or reading the promotional materials she does for them via various social media avenues.

While browsing these you can warm yourself by realizing that the company you work crunch for non stop is also paying her probably near a million dollars a year for her hard work on your project.

In her charity projects you can see her taking pictures with the cast, and generally promoting herself as "I'm so happy to be part of this project!!!"

But don't worry, if you switch to the social media she does for the company paying her salary you can see pictures of monitors and random meetings. None of which feature her as actually being there, or being happy about it.

So next time you get a dressing down or insulting email from a Roberts, especially Sandi, remember how hard your director of marketing is working. She probably had a bad day recording movies with the up and coming college-grade and below independent film makers.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Derek Smart right

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Tickler in Black.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

A KNOWN GOON

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MedicineHut posted:

pinned
discussion

Hey ladies and gents...

I totally didn't see that coming! :grin:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Deathsquid posted:

In the last 6 years, the RSI has dominated four studios, which it has united into one devzone, CIG. The RSI has origins from the Kickstarter Development in which a bunch of hopefuls and has-beens tried to ride the nostalgia train to riches. All studios except for the RSI swore reasonable development time upon their backers. There is no financial accountability in the RSI, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful mocap procedures, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with donuts and candy. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The development they have caused is so bad, the game models would freeze in a tense T-position. They would then clip through the floor afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the RSI is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their space jet nipples will be subjected parping around in space without a space suit. Offenders would also be forced to show their parps on youtube to soothing tunes and dulcet tones, and furthermore.

Otherwise, backerss would be dazed with the worst type of development in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness all over the Reddits. The development time would also triple every second, but no 3.0 would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all whale unit forces must buy more ships to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in RSI grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being forced to stick weapons through their heads, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands stretching out like rubber, flight races would end with the losers having to play the actual module, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves waiting for RSI to gently caress up, which also causes madness if the content isn't fed to the locusts. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Weekly reports are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdering their lines just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into team meeting and waved hands at haphazardly. Any film that does not feature some kind of a fuckup will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All weekly reports are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will not miss much. All citizens must boo to the presenters and try to spot flaws in the green screen, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot stop watching, but they will also feel pretty bored.

Forums by this RSI will be razed, and all the posts archived in the same way as their release dates are. The records are then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from reddit minds. Promises are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Employees undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the Big Bennys refactoring. All employees injected with Bennys are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some employees are also subjected to the removal of hope, future, free time and even the dreaded mocap. Employees sentenced to Wing Commander archiving are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the RSI with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a ban. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, which is getting a refund. They then invest in other amazing Kickstarters that will doubtlessly be equally successful.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the office space of this sickening company.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

MedicineHut posted:

tremendous progress

Oops. Oh, dear.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 21, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

TheAgent posted:

hello

quote:

What we are giving them soon is our first approach at a commercial release. Although some small features are not yet implemented, everything that has been promised to our backers will eventually be in Star Citizen. It's been an amazing journey for all of us, and to those that stayed with us and supported us for the last six years, I can only give my sincerest thanks and appreciation for our success. Here, right now, behind a computer monitor, memories that will last a lifetime are being made in a universe that we created and will continue to reiterate on. You have all been a part of that and will always remain the largest reason for Star Citizen's successful launch.

quote:

I'd like for a moment to discuss Squadron 42. As you know, due to certain constraints and outside factors, we will unfortunately be able to make a fully stand alone, single-player game. The good news, however, is that all Squadron 42 content will be added into Star Citizen in quarterly patches. The content team and I decided that in order to get our over 100 hours of gameplay into the hands of the backers, several big updates a year would be the way to do it. This allows new content to coincide with new updates, including professions, planets and organic gameplay elements. When this is announced, I'm sure the majority of backers will understand and accept this as the only way to move forward, as tying the two games together into one single, seamless interactive universe has really been the goal from the beginning.
:yarg: :gary:

TheAgent posted:

Gamescom was always the goal for our first launch and I don't have any doubt we can hit that this year.
fake or intern is more delusional than backers. lol

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kosumo posted:

Friend, I'm happy to see both those whoever put any money in to Chris Roberts dream and Chris Roberts lose it all.

I mean, it was always a Chris Roberts project, what the gently caress was anyone ever thinking kickstarting anything from that idiot? Let alone those who ever had more than the normal price of a pre order of a AAA game in it.

Pre ordering is dumb; those pre-ordering a Chris Roberts game are super dumb. Refund or not.

To be happy that people have got their money back is sad at best, they where foolish to have ever put money in it to start with and most likely should have been taught a lesson by losing their money so as to think twice in the future.

In saying that, I do believe in consumer laws and CIG are most definently in breach of many so people should rightly get their money back.

Anyone who would ever put the likes of hundreds, if not over a thousand dollars into a single computer game are dumb, weither it was just 'disposable income' or not.

Chris Roberts is a inept fool at best, a con artist at worst - anyone ever giving him money deserves what they get.

My opinion.

It's a slippery slope really.

I don't care if people pre-order stuff. I don't care if they buy stuff that's junk. I'm not the world's mother trying to direct them to spend money wisely.

But for stuff that screams "I'm pretty much a lie!" I have some hope that people will wake up and smell the coffee.

Also the original scope of Star Citizen was totally doable. So was Sq42. One was basically a Freelancer with better graphics and walking around at big landing places, and the other was just 3D cutscenes between scripted missions. Neither one was hugely out of the ordinary outside of maybe Star Citizen and walking around ships. But that was cool and has been done before in other genres so it'd be a neat difference to set them apart from the crowd.

But now we're 5+ years in, no sign of even a functional demo that proves anything works as expected, no vertical slice, etc etc etc.

I don't get jubilant because XXBobXX got a refund, but I do have a "Oh good for you" internal nod of approval for them. If other people want to burn money, I don't care either.

I'm kind of done bandstanding refunds at this point. Those that are still buying will do it, but I think eventually most people will stop. I also think CIG is helping that with their whole "get your buddies to join!" Because those buddies will probably say "this is poo poo, what the gently caress is wrong with you?" And a buddy telling somebody that is far more effective than 1000 July blogs saying exactly that in a billion words.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

VealCutlet posted:

:laffo: How's 3.0?

From what I've seen, coming along very nicely. Backers (such as myself) will be blown away. 3.1 and 3.2 are going to be that much more amazing.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's like he's not even trying anymore.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Cow in Space

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

big nipples big life posted:

It's like he's not even trying anymore.

I know, it's a sad day in our 'verse.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

ManofManyAliases posted:

From what I've seen, coming along very nicely. Backers (such as myself) will be blown away. 3.1 and 3.2 are going to be that much more amazing.

Low energy.