Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Hamelekim posted:

The link below has the desert map from above in concept form. Seems pretty interesting to me.

https://www.goldah.com/pubg/news/39...ice-map-in-pubg

Reading below the picture said that the other map had an icy/snowy center and moderate jungle around it. That would be awesome if that's the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Having a straight-out large canyon taking up a third of the map is an ace move that I look forward to playing. I'd imagine a lot of high loot areas will be down there with easy sight-lines from the top ridges.

DeckardPain
Feb 29, 2016

Cicadalek posted:

Are the ironsights on pistols still hosed up and useless?

Yes. Just use third person view when shooting pistols.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

DeckardPain posted:

Are we sure? In that recent clip compilation someone posted a few pages back there were several decent revolver shots using the sights

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Invisible parachutes are still at thing right? Dropped in to military, me and one other visible dude at the same building, grabbed a gun and was loading while he was on the other side of a crate and I get lit up from behind by some mystery man.

loving solos.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying About Lag And Love the Silenced 8x Kar98

Schiavona fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 21, 2017

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Gah! Finally put together a good game on maybe my 8th try. Got 6 kills and made it down to the final two, at which point I completely choked. I saw the other guy, he didn't see me, and I missed all my shots as he made his way behind a tree a good ways away. Then, like a drat rear end moron, I start crawling. He jumps out from behind his tree and kills me easily.

I was shaking for a good five minutes after. This game is intense in ways I have never experienced in a game. I love it.

Now that I feel vaguely competent I might try the discord this weekend.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
If you're not on the discord add me: tracerbulletbishop

Random squads are terrible :(

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cicadalek posted:

Are the ironsights on pistols still hosed up and useless?

https://streamable.com/9p55t

Probably?

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

The crosshair was off-target on the first shot. It's important to line up the crosshair with the enemy you wish to eliminate. Then, you need to click. You did it in the wrong order. Hth.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I just realized how hosed up and (more) stressful this game would be if there was no counter for how many players were still alive.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

eriddy posted:

The crosshair was off-target on the first shot. It's important to line up the crosshair with the enemy you wish to eliminate. Then, you need to click. You did it in the wrong order. Hth.

It's more the incredibly disorienting jump in perspective as the revolver recoils in first person.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

cosmicjim posted:

I'm disappointed it's going to be a desert city and not a regular city. Tan city is probably easier to make. If my googling is accurate, the current total map is roughly 5 miles X 5 miles. Making a map that big with this much detail is pretty amazing.
A bunch of a tall buildings with 5+ stories would probably be a pain in the rear end to play in. A few buildings with 10+ stories with multiple stairwells might be pretty neat.

Try 8x8 miles. The "small" one will be 4x4 miles.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Try 8x8 miles. The "small" one will be 4x4 miles.

It's 8 km x 8 km.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

OdinsBeard posted:

It's 8 km x 8 km.

woops you're right. my bad

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
well bluehole is a Korean mmo studio so they should be pretty used to making giant maps of various terrain and have lots of staff on hand to work on it

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Zo posted:

well bluehole is a Korean mmo studio so they should be pretty used to making giant maps of various terrain and have lots of staff on hand to work on it

I somehow missed the "mmo" part of that sentence and kept thinking "what, is this some kind of new Korean stereotype I haven't heard of? That's so weird and specific".

Anyway, I found a playlist of tutorials for game strats and tactics from some guy. May be helpful to some of the newer players and those who are having difficulty. This is 1 of 9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhSbGkKQAr4

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

aniviron posted:

Yes. It Has Been Determined.

Airstrikes will never land on an empty area. If you see an airstrike near you, someone is there. It's not centered on them, they can be right at the edge, but someone is there.

how was it determined

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I saw it in a dream.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Ended up in a rain game with Grimmz. Did not stream snipe, tried to stay alive as long as possible being a giant prone pussy towards the end. It was a different feeling game, like everyone I saw move died to Grimmmz. When I finally had to move to get across a field I died too to his silenced M24. Tuned in, he ended up getting 17 kills and 1st.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I have definitely seen a red circle so far outside of the white that it stuck in my memory. The play area had already shrunk on to the military island, but this red circle was northeast of Rozhok. Given how much damage the blue was doing I'm not sure anyone could have been alive out there unless they had 15 medkits.

That said, someone in this thread had a bug where the blue wasn't damaging them, and it's always possible someone could have just driven way outside the play area for dumb reasons, so it's hard to say for sure there was no one there.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
HOT drat

In this round I used 6 bandages, a first aid kit, an energy drink, an adrenaline syringe, and a med kit. The circle was determined to gently caress me over but a miraculously unclaimed supply drop bailed me out.

Someone drove his car into the circle with about 11 people left, and I laid in the grass and missed him a bunch before just saying "gently caress it" and laying into the car with the M249 until it exploded and killed him. Feels good.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
I keep a pistol in case I find a pistol silencer, which gives me a silenced weapon for stealth kills. I might start ditching it when melee takedowns are implemented.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Got another squad dinner tonight, Goon games best games.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Is there a list of what can be gotten out of the reward crates? I've been hitting doubles the last 4 crates I've gotten.

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

Sir Spaniard posted:

Is there a list of what can be gotten out of the reward crates? I've been hitting doubles the last 4 crates I've gotten.

Snipers: Awm, M24, Kar98, VSS
Guns: M249, Tommy Gun
Unique: Ghillie suit, Adrenaline syringe, 15x scope

Level 3 helmet/vest/backpack, 8x scopes, random weapon attachments (excluding silencers) and very rarely dumb clothing.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

RedQueen posted:

Ended up in a rain game with Grimmz. Did not stream snipe, tried to stay alive as long as possible being a giant prone pussy towards the end. It was a different feeling game, like everyone I saw move died to Grimmmz. When I finally had to move to get across a field I died too to his silenced M24. Tuned in, he ended up getting 17 kills and 1st.

Scary stuff

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I can't wait for the replay functionality.

3 people left with a small building and shack beside each other, smallest circle. Kill one guy in the shack, then someone behind me kills me, but it was less than 20 feet, and no trees. No idea how he got behind me there. So close to that dinner....

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Linstar posted:

Snipers: Awm, M24, Kar98, VSS
Guns: M249, Tommy Gun
Unique: Ghillie suit, Adrenaline syringe, 15x scope

Level 3 helmet/vest/backpack, 8x scopes, random weapon attachments (excluding silencers) and very rarely dumb clothing.

Ah, no, I meant the reward ones that you get for 700/1400/2800 etc points on the rewards tab in the menu.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
I seem to be making victory via grenade a thing...

The poor dude had no idea where I was in the ghillie suit, I'm not even sure he saw the grenade.

rage-saq fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jun 21, 2017

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

DeckardPain posted:

Pistol iron sights are accurate. It's just bullets come directly from the barrel to your crosshair. So in ADS, the recoil from the pistol causes the barrel to be pointed upwards if you shoot too fast. In third person you don't deal with that, the bullet will just travel from your pistol to your crosshair.

Basically if you need to shoot accurate shots ADS works fine. However, typically when you pistol you're just spamming shots as fast as possible so third person works better for that. Works the same for all guns, just not as noticeable with ARs.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Spanish Matlock posted:

I keep a pistol in case I find a pistol silencer, which gives me a silenced weapon for stealth kills. I might start ditching it when melee takedowns are implemented.

I tried this once with the 9mm pistol. Do not use the 9mm pistol. I think I landed 8 shots on the guy before he got up out of prone, turned around, and headshot me with his rifle.

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

Sir Spaniard posted:

Ah, no, I meant the reward ones that you get for 700/1400/2800 etc points on the rewards tab in the menu.

Ah, my bad. Not sure about a direct list, but everything in the steam marketplace for pubg are from the pioneer crates with the exception of the preorder playerunknown items.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Odobenidae posted:

I tried this once with the 9mm pistol. Do not use the 9mm pistol. I think I landed 8 shots on the guy before he got up out of prone, turned around, and headshot me with his rifle.

The .45 is really the only pistol I take; does a heap of damage but doesn't require a 20 second reload like the Nagant.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

gently caress the Groza and the Glock. I don't care about redundant guns that people are never going to have or use. What I'm excited about is this red flannel shirt.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm all for flannel shirts.
This game needs to take a leaf out of Wildland's book of dressups.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Red plaid is top tier.

Also ha ha, skillets are awesome butt savers. I wasn't expecting to see that.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

VulgarandStupid posted:

gently caress the Groza and the Glock. I don't care about redundant guns that people are never going to have or use. What I'm excited about is this red flannel shirt.

I'm in the opposite camp: I'm very excited about a new gun that shoots off my fingers.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
If you're in the last 2 or 3, is it worth it to drop your backpack to make yourself less noticeable? I was thinking about that based on grass chat earliers. If you're so light that you don't need your backpack at that point in the game, then just drop it regardless, but if you're carrying heavy, maybe drop some extra ammo and stuff you don't need because if it's just down to a 1v1, odds are you won't need 300 rounds of 5.56. More like 60, tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that sounds like the strategy of someone who's going to need 61 bullets to kill the last guy

• Locked thread