Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Punk Goes Pop and anything similar is pointless, talentless poo poo without a modicum of creativity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Memento posted:

I've seen signs at the front of theme park rides that say like "If you hit your head on this you're not allowed on".

Kind of like this, not a great example but all I could find in the seven seconds I cared about it.

Well now I feel stupid. In my defence, I've been to 2 theme parks in my 26 years, and they were both before I was 10.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Istari posted:

This is a really stupid 5'5" person thing to say, but it genuinely never occurred to me that tall people would have trouble fitting on rides. Is it very common ? Do the workers tell you you're too tall, or do they just let you on and laugh when you bump your head ?

Some suspended roller coasters where you hang down from the car have height limits, presumably cos your feet would hit stuff. I've been knocked back from one which had a 200cm limit.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Parrotine posted:

Well of course she's a great person, she owns her own theme park my dude, that's like one of six jobs that won't make you dead inside as an adult :cool:

Her theme park is literally next door to a UNESCO World Heritage site so you can ride the rides and then see some of the best natural beauty on the East coast in the same day.

Istari posted:

Well now I feel stupid. In my defence, I've been to 2 theme parks in my 26 years, and they were both before I was 10.

Most theme park rides have a pretty good head clearance; like good for 8 foot tall people. The major problem is that the safety restraints may not fit a tall person very well.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

kid looks thrilled

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Littte brother

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

NLJP posted:

Huh this is actually real loving good and made me appreciate the song. Never gave it much thought before other than background in a film or summat.
It actually did the exact same thing for me. Postmodern Jukebox is pretty fantastic in general.

And now to alleviate the derail, I give this offering

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Chrpno posted:

kid looks thrilled

He's making the same face that I made while looking at the image

gbut posted:

Littte brother

That brother lit fam

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nordick posted:

It actually did the exact same thing for me. Postmodern Jukebox is pretty fantastic in general.

And now to alleviate the derail, I give this offering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_LFYj_UxJg&t=13s

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Dolly Patrons Imagination Library is a wonderful cause and creates a love of books and reading at a young age.

My daughter received these books until she turned 5 (her grandmother signed us up for it) and with the last book she also got a letter from Dolly that made me cry like a big dumb baby. And I'm a goon so I've been dead inside for decades.

The worst thing about this is the short shorts with cargo pockets.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
those aren't short shorts. They are regular length shorts. If you think those are short shorts, what do you consider to be regular length shorts, this?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

:same:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Guy Goodbody posted:

those aren't short shorts. They are regular length shorts. If you think those are short shorts, what do you consider to be regular length shorts, this?

I own a dozen pair of Chubbies and wear them exclusively 9 months out of the year. No one I know would consider them, or the picture I quoted, "normal length".

I agree with you completely, that's just not reality where I live (Southeast USA)

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Worth it.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Guy Goodbody posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't know that he got that fat. Happy to see that he lost it though.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blistex posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't know that he got that fat. Happy to see that he lost it though.

As much as I love to hate the guy I still have to side with him against Southwest Airlines

And I hate an overflow passenger as much as the next person who fits in their own seat

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Are you allowed to eat it or what? I don't want garlic bread hovering around to taunt me. That's not funny.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I.C. posted:

Are you allowed to eat it or what? I don't want garlic bread hovering around to taunt me. That's not funny.

I think it's like how they give service dogs to vets with PTSD. Surely you've heard of Service Bread.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

"This is my emotional support bread. Don't tell me my I can't bring my garlic bread into the movie theater!"

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

Picnic Princess posted:

"This is my emotional support bread. Don't tell me my I can't bring my garlic bread into the movie theater!"

Omg why not. Give it five years people will be taking everything everywhere because they HAVE to.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
"...the fall of your whole civilization through your tendency to breed weak humans and strong plagues".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Picnic Princess posted:

drat, I can hear that in his voice, too.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

A bit late, but my entry as best Jolene cover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNqYsozeLk4&t=20s

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Nordick posted:

PYF Jolene cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
PYF Funny Pictures 2.0: Dolly Parton's Jolene, Hilarious

For content, here's a comic.

Here's the response to the comic.

A lot more over here, as dear god it just keeps going and going.
http://paulftompkins.com/post/162066559594/existentialismandmakeup-bransonreese

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
No I have a feeling your work here will continue precisely until the end of your persistence.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

SomeJazzyRat posted:

A lot more over here, as dear god it just keeps going and going.
http://paulftompkins.com/post/162066559594/existentialismandmakeup-bransonreese

I'm the first to admit I don't know how to Internet, but is there any way to read that without opening each bit of it in its own tab? It's all squashed up and totally illegible.

VV nice one, thanks mate VV

Sanford has a new favorite as of 11:39 on Jun 21, 2017

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Sanford posted:

I'm the first to admit I don't know how to Internet, but is there any way to read that without opening each bit of it in its own tab? It's all squashed up and totally illegible.

http://notcaycepollard.tumblr.com/post/159712424601/the-twitter-thread-the-artist-created-after-this

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

:yeah:

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Istari posted:

This is a really stupid 5'5" person thing to say, but it genuinely never occurred to me that tall people would have trouble fitting on rides. Is it very common ? Do the workers tell you you're too tall, or do they just let you on and laugh when you bump your head ?

I'm 6'3" and the biggest issue I have, especially on older rides, is that my legs are too long to fit comfortably in the ride. So my knees are either trying to push through the back of the seat in front of me, or I have to do some weird yoga pose contortion to fit right.

10 Beers has a new favorite as of 13:47 on Jun 21, 2017

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Holy poo poo I want to party with this cat!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

10 Beers posted:

I'm 6'3" and the biggest issue I have, especially on older rides, is that my legs are too long to fit comfortably in the ride. So my knees are either trying to push through the back of the seat in front of me, or I have to do some weird yoga pose contortion to fit right.

Same. :saddowns:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

10 Beers posted:

This is usually my biggest problem too. Also Dollywood is awesome.

The whipped cream cat thing reminded me of something from yesterday. I stopped at the store to grab some coffee creamer on my way to work. When I opened the door to grab it from the cooler I heard one of the worker ladies inside the cooler say to someone "Every time I see whipped cream it makes me think of my cat." I really wanted to ask her what she does with the cat and whipped cream but I guess now I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
She probably feeds her cat whipped cream