Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

purple death ray posted:

Those are both mods but the game does come with the cannons, the crusher, the angle thing, and Gridmap which is just a bunch of ramps and weird tubes to smash cars into.

E: oh and the roller for chewing up cars, and the spinning crusher...

If you're making a game all about modeling soft-body physics interactions, those seem like good things to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Serf posted:

If you're making a game all about modeling soft-body physics interactions, those seem like good things to have.

They're all extremely good but I think they might not have been included in a "straight faced" driving simulator, is all I'm saying

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

purple death ray posted:

They're all extremely good but I think they might not have been included in a "straight faced" driving simulator, is all I'm saying

Except there's a difference between a driving simulator and a "dynamic soft-body physics vehicle simulator", which is what it advertises itself as. It's straight-faced in that capacity. It's not meant to be a driving simulator.

Serf
May 5, 2011

purple death ray posted:

I think the driving is just the method by which you convey the chosen vehicle to the deforming.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

"Are we recording Rose Buddies?"
"I don't know which one this is."

Wait, where was this from?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

kmzh posted:

Wait, where was this from?

72, in the intro.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

purple death ray posted:

It's about the presentation. Kerbal Space Program is also a 'simulator' but it involves cute little green people. It'd be a fun game to see the Boys play, but it's not as much of a blank slate as BeamNG.drive was.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Serf posted:

I think the driving is just the method by which you convey the chosen vehicle to the deforming.

Yes if Car Boys taught us anything it's that actual cars are at most a convenience and ultimately incidental to the game

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Someone just posted on the Monster Factory /car boys FB page that they were having trouble getting into Minster Factory because it was too mean-spirited. I understand every bully in the universe now.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Someone just posted on the Monster Factory /car boys FB page that they were having trouble getting into Minster Factory because it was too mean-spirited. I understand every bully in the universe now.

I can't imagine how much of a stick in the mud you'd have to be to think that Monster Factory is mean-spirited. They love all of the boys and girls they make so much. There's not malice in it at all, I think.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

You know's what's mean-spirited? Me laughing out loud when I saw that guy's profile photo paired with the post

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Stroop There It Is posted:

You know's what's mean-spirited? Me laughing out loud when I saw that guy's profile photo paired with the post

Dang I just joined the group to see what's up but they look like a normal human? No more a gremlin than anyone I saw at the Austin shows.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

poor life choice posted:

Dang I just joined the group to see what's up but they look like a normal human? No more a gremlin than anyone I saw at the Austin shows.

same, this confuses me

I really appreciate the responses for genuinely asking what the poster finds mean-spirited so they can find a good episode for that person. :allears:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Did the person say what they found mean spirited about MF? I'm not in the group and I'm not going to join

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

poor life choice posted:

Poque posted:

same, this confuses me
he does, it wasn't his appearance, it was being surprised it was an adult man and not a teenaged girl being triggered by how mean-spirited MF is

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

he does, it wasn't his appearance, it was being surprised it was an adult man and not a teenaged girl being triggered by how mean-spirited MF is

Teenaged girls? Triggered?? drat son, you better copyright this super hilarious, and very original, joke before someone steals it!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n1VaOE1mgM

P.S. If you're the kind of person who uses the word "triggered" as a joke, I don't see how you can be a fan of the McElroys~

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n1VaOE1mgM

P.S. If you're the kind of person who uses the word "triggered" as a joke, I don't see how you can be a fan of the McElroys~

I went into Travis's mentions a while back and some dude was bitching about how the brothers had been "such cucks lately". They exist, somehow

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Who What Now posted:

Teenaged girls? Triggered?? drat son, you better copyright this super hilarious, and very original, joke before someone steals it!

Sounds like that facebook person needs to go back to tumblr, am I right?

Hello?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, that person was off base, I actually really like how Monster Factory starts with a creature that makes you feel bad to look at, and by the time the episode is over you love it. Still, joke lame.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

This rosebuddies... :smith:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

SpacePig posted:

I can't imagine how much of a stick in the mud you'd have to be to think that Monster Factory is mean-spirited. They love all of the boys and girls they make so much. There's not malice in it at all, I think.

I guess the Saint's Row episode? I really like those games, and hearing them be put on the same level as South Park and Family Guy really pissed me off. I mean, they're not even as bad with the edgy jokes as GTA is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mikedawson posted:

I guess the Saint's Row episode? I really like those games, and hearing them be put on the same level as South Park and Family Guy really pissed me off. I mean, they're not even as bad with the edgy jokes as GTA is.

I love SR but they are 100% 'I love that random south park humor though'.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mikedawson posted:

This bothered me a bit too. Sr3 is one of my all time favorite games. But Griffin is Griffin and I'm me, so I try to let it go. Nothing is going to come of me nagging a total stranger to defend the honor of a video game

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

sexpig by night posted:

I love SR but they are 100% 'I love that random south park humor though'.

Exactly. SR3 does that type of humor better than South Park does, of course, but that doesn't make it something it's not.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Mikedawson posted:

There is a chance that they themselves were being somewhat ironic and/or facetious when talking about a game I'm pretty sure they both very much like. But also, they weren't wrong. It's basically the core of the Saints Row franchise at this point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

Exactly. SR3 does that type of humor better than South Park does, of course, but that doesn't make it something it's not.

yea like it wins points for being the more I guess now old-school 'lol toilet with a gun am I right guys???' monkey cheese random instead of the current Family Guy/South Park 'lol asians am I right guys how random' edgy poo poo but it's totally the same kinda style of random and sudden jokes played straight for humor.

Like, the bad guy in 3 was a lucha crime boss voiced by hulk hogan and everyone just accepted that 'oh yea the crime boss who settles things with wrestling matches, yea he's a bad rear end don't gently caress with him' was reality. That's a solid vein of comedy to mine, but it's 100% random bullshit.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Angel was your homie in SR3 fool

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

This is unironically p funny now that you've pointed it out but it's hard to convey sincerity on the forums. Thanks. :shobon:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
boy this sure feels like its going to be the last rose buddies for obvious reasons

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Edit: nvm

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 22, 2017

KoB
May 1, 2009

The best part about people getting "triggered" is that its almost always grown men getting triggered by people merely suggesting to be a little considerate to other people.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Blockhouse posted:

boy this sure feels like its going to be the last rose buddies for obvious reasons

They said they'd still finish the season, and they'll still do a show together after, but yeah I imagine it would be a smart idea to distance themselves from (at least the American) Bachelor franchise.

I still want them to do a Terrace House spoilercast because that pure and good show deserves the treatment they give to this trash reality show

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

TBH I wouldn't be too broken up if they ended Rose Buddies and made a podcast about anything else

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fellatio del Toro posted:

TBH I wouldn't be too broken up if they ended Rose Buddies and made a podcast about anything else
I'd be ok with it

make a Survivor podcast

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
An everybody loves Raymond podcast

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Also, phone posting so I can't drop a screen cap but ages ago on rosebuddies they joked about someone who was a florist who found the podcast thinking it was about tending roses and how silly that would be.

And just today someone came into the Facebook group asking for advice on their first batch of roses.

Sometimes things are great :shobon:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bogart posted:

An everybody loves Raymond podcast

That's all podcasts, eventually.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I wasn't expecting the heaviest McElroy podcast to ever be produced would be an episode of Rose Buddies. Griffin and Rachel probably didn't either. drat...

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I don't think they should make another podcast because hot drat do they have enough on their plate as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Yeah but it can't be any easier to schedule a recording than with your wife. Sure Griffin still has to edit it but I don't think he puts much production effort in on rosebuddies or coolgames inc. they're not meant to be polished so I can't imagine it costs him more than two hours a week on each.