Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

http://www.snopes.com/dog-saves-abandoned-newborn/

looks like it's unverifiable that it actually happened. I'm not surprised one bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

http://www.snopes.com/dog-saves-abandoned-newborn/

looks like it's unverifiable that it actually happened. I'm not surprised one bit

everyone knows snopes is liberal bullshit :rolleyes:

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

That dog has the same look on its face as my dog when he's about to eat something he's not supposed to and he's waiting to see if you'll stop him or not

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea a stray dog picked a dead baby out of some garbage and totally rescued it and absolutely in no way ate it, of course

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

That's how I became...Purina Smith Manchow

*haunting instrumental theme song plays, marvel logo overlays*

*netflix box comes up to ask if youre still watching*

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
wasn't there a video of some heroic boars saving a baby from the garbage in india?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Edgar posted:

wasn't there a video of some heroic boars saving a baby from the garbage in india?

What country did they take the baby to?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Edgar posted:

Regular pig, long pig; I doubt boars are up on the nuances of cuisine. Wasted scavenging opportunity SMH

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Well I for one think it's nice that someone was photographing a dog eating garbage long enough to get a couple photos of it dragging a dead baby off and doing nothing about it except take more photos.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ron Darling posted:

everyone knows snopes is liberal bullshit :rolleyes:

:bahgawd: Reality has a liberal bias.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Dear Watson posted:

Well I for one think it's nice that someone was photographing a dog eating garbage long enough to get a couple photos of it dragging a dead baby off and doing nothing about it except take more photos.

The dog is clearly exorcising a botchling

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I mean, it wouldn't be unprecedented to take a picture of something horrid and not intervene.

http://100photos.time.com/photos/kevin-carter-starving-child-vulture

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Volcott posted:

I mean, it wouldn't be unprecedented to take a picture of something horrid and not intervene.

Yeah but how many people would stop and photograph a random dog digging through garbage in the first place.... Unless it was their baby in the dump I guess.

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
Speaking of dead babies...

:downs: "Let me post a photo of my child with a plastic bag over her head on a public site. No way this could end up poorly for me!"

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lmao

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
people are loving dumb

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

anglerfish posted:

:downs: "Let me post a photo of my child with a plastic bag over her head on a public site. No way this could end up poorly for me!"

ahahaha no way

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Volcott posted:

There was absolutely nothing the photographer could have done for the child other than not take an amazing photo and then commit suicide due to survivor's guilt.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

anglerfish posted:

:wtc:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Volcott posted:

Don't worry the vulture picked the child up and took him back to his family where they washed him up! :downs:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The baby in the after shots is not the same one unless it was months later. Like, the dog is clearly holding an undeveloped fetus. Still actually think it's dead though.

Also lol at "not being harmed" that kids still gonna have brain damage if the bag was on even part of that trip.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

anglerfish posted:

No wonder the baby looks thrilled to end her miserable loving life

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zesty posted:

:bahgawd: Reality has a liberal bias.

not for long

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"

anglerfish posted:

Charles Grodin would approve.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

anglerfish posted:

Dawww someone is gonna be an astronaut.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

The baby in the after shots is not the same one unless it was months later. Like, the dog is clearly holding an undeveloped fetus. Still actually think it's dead though.

Also lol at "not being harmed" that kids still gonna have brain damage if the bag was on even part of that trip.

But she can breathe fine, it isn't sealed??

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

realbez posted:

But she can breathe fine, it isn't sealed??

It might be fine in this particular instance because a ziploc bag is pretty rigid, but the issue with plastic bags is that you create a seal when you inhale, and a child might not have the ability to remove the bag when they don't get enough air as a result.

If you were making a jojoke disregard this post.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Volcott posted:

It might be fine in this particular instance because a ziploc bag is pretty rigid, but the issue with plastic bags is that you create a seal when you inhale, and a child might not have the ability to remove the bag when they don't get enough air as a result.

If you were making a jojoke disregard this post.

I know why you shouldn't put plastic bags on a kid's head. In this instance though, it is an open ziplock bag and she can breathe fine and is obviously being supervised since she's being photographed, and hence won't have sustained brain damage from this occurrence, unlike me and the rest of the internet from commenting on it

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

THat is a badass mom

cnut
May 3, 2016

Wish my mom was cool enough to put a plastic bag over my head.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

http://www.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=99

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Last month I pulled up behind a car at a gas station and waited for the person to come back from paying inside. When they came out I saw that they were 1) Woman 2) White 3) wearing a Minions t-shirt and 4) had a Pokemon wallet, 1+2 being fine but 3+4 being a :redflag:

She got into her car, started it, and sat there for a minute. I got out to check and see if there was someone in front of her blocking her, but there was no one, just the truck next to her.

I waited another minute, and she still wasn't moving, so I slowly reversed, thinking that for some goddamn unknown reason she felt she was too close to the truck next to her to pull through (which doesn't makes sense because she was able to get into her car without hitting it...).

Anyway, once I had reversed she very quickly and dangerously did a two point turn and drove by me with the smuggest gently caress-you face as I stared at her in confusion. I pulled up into the empty spot, filled my tank, and thought about this thread.

Minions

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jun 22, 2017

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

A good thing I saw on fb today.

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2017/6/21/15845032/robot-sumo-wrestling-fast-furious

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Frankly, I would have had a better all round experience in life if my mother had smothered me with a plastic bag when I was young.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

While some bags could theoretically suffocate a kid like that, that one isn't. It's kinda weird y'all get some kind of dopamine release from pretending that it is.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

While some bags could theoretically suffocate a kid like that, that one isn't. It's kinda weird y'all get some kind of dopamine release from pretending that it is.

WRONG that baby is DEAD now

god bless

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"Officer, I know it was only a nerf gun. But, if she had shot him with a real gun, he would have died!'

"Take her away, boys."

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I was just talking about a K-Mart bag (well before Walmart had explosive success) over my head until I stopped struggling :shrug:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Lol the robot rebellion is going to last all of 10 minutes when a billion of these things are unleashed onto us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Lol the robot rebellion is going to last all of 10 minutes when a billion of these things are unleashed onto us

We can always hope they upload themselves into littoral combat ships and F-35s and just own themselves.

• Locked thread