Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

euphronius posted:

Butler didnt want to go to CLE why would he want to go to Philly.

Well he might Trust The Process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

pubic works project posted:

Well he might Trust The Process.

How does he feel about cats and their positions relative to the floor

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Frank to NYC has been the hard rumoure forever it shouldn't be double surprise eyes

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

Is there a place to check percentage of play type by player other than Synergy? Could have sworn there was a spot on the NBA site that had this.

On stats.nba.com you can get elbow/post/ catch and shoot, but the pnr etc stuff is reserved for higher lifeforms who pay the dollar$$$$$

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Paul Zuvella posted:

How does he feel about cats and their positions relative to the floor

Lemme hit up his DMs.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

euphronius posted:

Butler didnt want to go to CLE why would he want to go to Philly.

He doesn't want to be in Cleveland because Bron is going to leave/retire in a year.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

More chaos please
https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/877528824543674369

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dejan Bimble posted:

On stats.nba.com you can get elbow/post/ catch and shoot, but the pnr etc stuff is reserved for higher lifeforms who pay the dollar$$$$$

After digging a little more it looks like you can find it in list form but not on the player pages themselves. Good enough.

Dwight Howard really hates the pick and roll, huh

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

They've been pushing the Tatum thing for like a week now so it's not much chaos. Jackson letting them know that he doesn't want to be drafted by them had its effect

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

They've been pushing the Tatum thing for like a week now so it's not much chaos. Jackson letting them know that he doesn't want to be drafted by them had its effect

Yeah right after the trade happened you started seeing a bunch of "Tatum is Paul Pierce 2.0" stuff popping up and they got a lot of the fans already bought in on it big time.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jackson falling to the Kings means something good happens to the franchise which is pure chaos defined

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

WhyteRyce posted:

Jackson falling to the Kings means something good happens to the franchise which is pure chaos defined

More likely to take a point guard at 10, though :(

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

a new study bible! posted:

He doesn't want to be in Cleveland because Bron is going to leave/retire in a year.

Which has what to do with Philadelgia? There was never any indication that he/Philly tried to initiate a trade the #3 for him.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

More likely to take a point guard at 10, though :(

Don't know any mocks are having us pass on Frank to avoid a guard logjam but draft Collins​ instead

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Which has what to do with Philadelgia? There was never any indication that he/Philly tried to initiate a trade the #3 for him.

It has to do with euphronius' statement, which I was responding to.

The fact that Philly, LA, or Boston hasn't pulled the trigger on Butler, if the report is true that all the Bulls want is a top three pick, seems crazy. Dude's under contract for 3 more years and is an actual all-star. Banking on an unknown because they might be better than someone who is already better than 99 percent of the league is bonkers.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

It seems really unlikely that the Suns pass on him but I will pray for you my friend

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/wccoradio/status/877491873128083456

I guess it wasn't a medical retirement (not sure why it wasn't) but apparently an agreement was made and the Wolves get some of the cap back.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

The fact that Philly, LA, or Boston hasn't pulled the trigger on Butler, if the report is true that all the Bulls want is a top three pick, seems crazy. Dude's under contract for 3 more years and is an actual all-star. Banking on an unknown because they might be better than someone who is already better than 99 percent of the league is bonkers.

His third year is a player option and there is no way he doesn't opt out and I probably wouldn't want to give up the #3 pick if he didn't give any indication in wanting to stay here after he opts out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

https://twitter.com/wccoradio/status/877491873128083456

I guess it wasn't a medical retirement (not sure why it wasn't) but apparently an agreement was made and the Wolves get some of the cap back.

All of the cap

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/877365786364571650

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Oh, maybe it was a medical retirement then.

https://twitter.com/Twolves_PR/status/877544511379046404

I wonder how many pounds of muscle Dunn is going to put on? Will it be 20?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm glad our official and verified PR account finally switched to the new logo three months after the reveal.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

You said almost the same thing yesterday out of the blue.

There was never any serious indication that Philly was interested or able to trade the #3 for Butler. I'm not sure being able to acquire the best guard prospect in the draft since DRose is "retarded", especially considering that they were able to put solid protections on the Lakers pick and didn't have to move any other core players.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jota posted:

His third year is a player option and there is no way he doesn't opt out and I probably wouldn't want to give up the #3 pick if he didn't give any indication in wanting to stay here after he opts out.

Especially since the sixers in hindsight had an relatively easy moveup to 1

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Redgrendel2001 posted:

You said almost the same thing yesterday out of the blue.

There was never any serious indication that Philly was interested or able to trade the #3 for Butler. I'm not sure being able to acquire the best guard prospect in the draft since DRose is "retarded", especially considering that they were able to put solid protections on the Lakers pick and didn't have to move any other core players.
Solid protections? It's only #1 protected right? That and the back-end protections for Boston's sake.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Jota posted:

Yeah right after the trade happened you started seeing a bunch of "Tatum is Paul Pierce 2.0" stuff popping up and they got a lot of the fans already bought in on it big time.

Hearing Bill Simmons' dad go after Ainge and hint that Bill is in the tank for him because he has friends at the organization was awesome.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Especially since the sixers in hindsight had an relatively easy moveup to 1

I mean it's the opposite of hindsight to say they had an easy move when it's going to take 2 years to be able to tell

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Solid protections? It's only #1 protected right?

Lakers is #1 protected and the 2019 kings / sixers mashup is also #1 protected

What I meant by relatively easy was the celtics were interested in moving to 3 immediately after the lottery

It was going to happen

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/877547283608477696

Friends, there exists a 3 on 3 basketball gap.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Solid protections? It's only #1 protected right? That and the back-end protections for Boston's sake.

#6-#30 is a rather substantial back end protection.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Now that's what I want to see

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

who even played for us

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

who even played for us

Smart money's on Damon Huffman being a Kevin Durant pseudonym

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 21, 2017

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq2aZm1R7t8

The Real Dream Team.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

Smart money's on Daniel Huffman being a Kevin Durant pseudonym

Hahaha

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Big3 starts Sunday, right? And we can literally watch the potential Cavaliers GM suit up.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/877551872831311872

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/877541088696905728

Milsap going to end up in GS.

Or Bazemore comes home

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

yeah, pretty sure the serbian team is the best, which is actually pretty cool and good.

those guys have been scraping by for years and its great that the olympics and the general growth of 3v3 will get these guys paid

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

Big3 starts Sunday, right? And we can literally watch the potential Cavaliers GM suit up.

Got my ghost ballers shirt ready y'all.

It may be the dumbest piece of merchandise I have ever purchased but....Ricky Davis and Ivan Johnson

• Locked thread