Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I didn't even know organized international three on three existed like two months ago but now I DEMAND that the US take back dominance in the sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717026-jimmy-butler-reportedly-told-by-cavaliers-players-to-avoid-team-after-gms-exit

Lebron gone

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/877552748996284417

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

E2M2 posted:

Lebron gone

not until 2018, i imagine. i don't think there's a trade that can happen to put him in a place he would rather be

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/877553326690361348

🌚

Ah, drat, didn't see it was posted already

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

RaySmuckles posted:

not until 2018, i imagine. i don't think there's a trade that can happen to put him in a place he would rather be

I mean unless they win another title. Yea I don't see him signing long term if they don't win again or look like they can win again.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
lol sell your team gilbert you pile of trash

you're ruining the entire city

open letter to dan gilbert

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I like this part of that article.

"Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical said on a podcast last week James could again leave Cleveland next year, this time potentially landing in Los Angeles with the Lakers or Clippers. Meanwhile, Cowley added Irving has been contacting fellow Team USA players to inform them "he might be willing to push for a trade" due to the ongoing drama."

edit: if you look at the roster of last Team USA, you can assume he didn't contact the Warriors, Knicks, or Pacer from the team. That means he is allegedly considering forcing a way to the Raptors, Pelicans, Bulls, Clippers, or Mavs.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 21, 2017

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Better to remain in rock solid Chicago.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

"Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical said on a podcast last week James could again leave Cleveland next year, this time potentially landing in Los Angeles with the Lakers or Clippers. Meanwhile, Cowley added Irving has been contacting fellow Team USA players to inform them "he might be willing to push for a trade" due to the ongoing drama."

edit: if you look at the roster of last Team USA, you can assume he didn't contact the Warriors, Knicks, or Pacer from the team. That means he is allegedly considering forcing a way to the Raptors, Bulls, Clippers, or Mavs.

Spoiler: it is not the Raptors

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Spacebump posted:

edit: if you look at the roster of last Team USA, you can assume he didn't contact the Warriors, Knicks, or Pacer from the team. That means he is allegedly considering forcing a way to the Raptors, Pelicans, Bulls, Clippers, or Mavs.

Jesus Christ Dan

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

According to my 2K franchise Durant will be going to the Clippers this year to deliver Chris Paul and co a championship

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If Lebron leaves Cleveland again, I assume it wouldn't reach The Decision levels of rage but would it be worse than KD leaving OKC?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RaySmuckles posted:

Kris Dunn + the rights to the 7th pick will still leave Minnesota under the cap if we rescind our other cap holds I believe :getin:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

zoux posted:

If Lebron leaves Cleveland again, I assume it wouldn't reach The Decision levels of rage but would it be worse than KD leaving OKC?

He gave them a title and Dan Gilbert sucks poo poo, I'm sure most people (or at least more people) would understand

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

zoux posted:

Probably not because of the title he won there and assuming Gilbert messes up even more.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

zoux posted:

Not at all. He won a championship for them and Gilbert fired the GM

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

He won a championship so I don't think anyone will care

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What if he joined the Warriors though

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Looking forward to An Open Letter pt. 2

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zoux posted:

i doubt anyone but the small fraction of nba fans who still hate him would get angry tbh

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

zoux posted:

It just sets him up to purchase the team from Gilbert when he retires, becoming even bigger of a hero

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebron is not a techbro so no.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

he next three alphas of chicago are going to be butler, lebron, and irving

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My concern is that I loving hate the Lakers but I love Lebron so I hope he stays outta my conference and off my least favorite team of all time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Shear Modulus posted:

he next three alphas of chicago are going to be butler, lebron, and irving

Lets goooooo, totally gonna happen, putting all my blind faith in this.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
here's some 3v3 basketball if anyone hasn't checked it out yet

no pro players will be playing 3v3 in the olympics so this is what it'll most likely look like

serbian team may not be as good since their best player will be like ~34 but maybe he'll age well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD9M4XiaqLM

zoux posted:

i don't think people would begrudge him leaving a completely dysfunctional franchise and he already did what he set out to do in spectacular fashion (win cleveland a championship). besides, as long as this iteration of golden state exists i think it seriously relieves pressure on lebron's decisions. the warriors are the monster and the most important thing right now, so whatever lebron does is secondary to that

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the only way i would become a lebron hater again like i was post-Decision would be if he joins the lakers

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/877557941871808513

pour news all over my frail body

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is this team source gilbert or billups

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Or is this tweet the real fabrication

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Everyone told me Amico's sources fuckin stink so let's go with that and choose to believe the other one

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Spacebump posted:

I'm here for Kyrie/Brow/Boogie

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I was about to add that Amico is also a hack who gets poo poo wrong all the time, so this is really awesome back and forth stuff ahaha

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm here for Kyrie/Brow/Boogie

This works for me, big time.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Come to the Suns lebron and kyrie we can keep you in your primes forever

*fired up the old man Lazarus pits*

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

zoux posted:

hell if anything, this bullshit gilbert is pulling right now ought to be making people give LeBron some retroactive slack for The Decision

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

brow/boogie/love. the triple towers

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the tulane triple towers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

the tulane triple towers