Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Kashuno posted:

Borderlands 3 will be out in a few years

I want to dislike this post but I have to 100% admit that this could be a real loving thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
You'll get a fidget spinner weapon from your in-game, branded Loot Crate. Claptrap and/or Tiny Tina will explicitly lampshade this product placement thus "excusing" it, and players will think it is very clever and cool.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They had fidget devices in the 80's you know. People called then Rubik's cubes.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Doing a bad thing but acknowledging that it's bad is the same as not doing a bad thing.

A bit of a "pro tip" for everyone :hehe:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wheany posted:

Lol imagine how dated a game would look at release if it featured fidget spinners and they started making one now.

There are still zombie games actively in development, so don't be surprised.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Use of the spinner requires a fidget spinner Amiibo.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dizz posted:

I want to dislike this post but I have to 100% admit that this could be a real loving thing

You must have missed E3 because Randy Pitchford said there's already a Borderlands movie in the works

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

There are still zombie games actively in development, so don't be surprised.

I'm still loving baffled last year Sony choose to cap their conference showing off a game with a guy mowing down dozens of zombies with a machine gun like a few days after Pulse.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm still loving baffled last year Sony choose to cap their conference showing off a game with a guy mowing down dozens of zombies with a machine gun like a few days after Pulse.

That was E3 in a nutshell last year: "Our thoughts are with Orlando, now here's yet another game about a badass with an M4 just going ham on hundreds of people." Ubi and MS were just as guilty.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Where's my Link's Awakening remake?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What are you implying about the victims here?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Golden Goat posted:

Remove all Test of Strength Shrines. They suck

Yeah they're real bad and it's weird when you're 60 hours into the game in a super hostile area and it's MINOR TEST OF STRENGTH.

Also it's real dumb that you can't see attributes on weapons until they're in your inventory. Come on now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Real hurthling! posted:

What are you implying about the victims here?

Zombies are a representation for the Other. They're just human beings people pretend they could justifiably kill.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Theyre called freakers now.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is there some Pro controller driver or remapping software for PC? I tried to play Ori with it but the controls were messed up.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah they're real bad and it's weird when you're 60 hours into the game in a super hostile area and it's MINOR TEST OF STRENGTH.

Also it's real dumb that you can't see attributes on weapons until they're in your inventory. Come on now.

Yeah. Nothing having to drop a weapon 3 times when you kill a Hinox just to see if he dropped anything worthwhile.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Yeah. Nothing having to drop a weapon 3 times when you kill a Hinox just to see if he dropped anything worthwhile.

That's something I wish they'd address in an update. It would be really nice to have a way to switch out things you pick up without having to go back into the menu and drop something.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Olivil posted:

Here.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Chernabog posted:

Is there some Pro controller driver or remapping software for PC? I tried to play Ori with it but the controls were messed up.

Games that expect DirectInput controllers (some newer games, nearly all older Windows games, emulators) will just work. If it's a newer game that only supports XInput/Xbox controllers, you'll need to mess with dumb software like x360ce. If it's something like Spelunky that only requires simple digital inputs, use JoyToKey.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Olivil posted:

What it should get is a "reimagining" along the lines of what Link Between Worlds was to Link to the Past. Links Awakening was easily my favourite Zelda game up until Link Between Worlds, but the basic underpinnings would gain at least as much from the treatment.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I didn't put it together, but the 'DX' branding goes back a long way.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Games that expect DirectInput controllers (some newer games, nearly all older Windows games, emulators) will just work. If it's a newer game that only supports XInput/Xbox controllers, you'll need to mess with dumb software like x360ce. If it's something like Spelunky that only requires simple digital inputs, use JoyToKey.

Ah, ty. I think JTK will do.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Olivil posted:

It should be in the form of BotW DLC.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Why is Cave Story+ $30 on the Switch

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Because they can.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

WHy is cave story even still being sold

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
did stardew valley release?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Mahoning posted:

Use of the spinner requires a fidget spinner Amiibo.

You're a genius!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Because it's perfect on the Switch

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Believe it or not, a lot of people have "A Nintendo" that don't give a flying fig about PC games or Steam or even other consoles.

There is money to be made and gamers to reach.

Also, it costs what it does because they suspect said Nintendo owners will pay it. :capitalism:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They are right. I bought it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just chiming in to Zeldachat to say that I think LBW was too easy and I didn't like the "rent" all the items at the beginning and then literally never die the whole time mechanic.

I do appreciate the style and them trying new things, though.

I also think BotW is one of the best games ever even though there are a lot of things that could be improved upon. Maybe someday I'll look at it the way I look at Mario64 whereby something like Galaxy does everything it does but better and sort of dethrones it from the top slot, at least in absolute terms (M64 like OoT will always be super important in historical terms)

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Olivil posted:

Some games are so perfect they don't need a remake

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bloop posted:

Just chiming in to Zeldachat to say that I think LBW was too easy and I didn't like the "rent" all the items at the beginning and then literally never die the whole time mechanic.

I also think BotW is one of the best games ever even though there are a lot of things that could be improved upon. Maybe someday I'll look at it the way I look at Mario64 whereby something like Galaxy does everything it does but better and sort of dethrones it from the top slot, at least in absolute terms (M64 like OoT will always be super important in historical terms)

Did you play on hero mode though. Also m64 is better than galaxy

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Should I get Mario Kart 8DX even if I don't have friends to play it with

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I've never played any version of the game before today, which I played about 10 minutes on a friends' 3DS. What are the big differences between those two versions?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

aware of dog posted:

Should I get Mario Kart 8DX even if I don't have friends to play it with

Do you like other Mario Karts?

If so, then probably. If not, then no. If you haven't tried, try it out.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

bef posted:

Did you play on hero mode though. Also m64 is better than galaxy

Double points for being so right.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The Bloop posted:

Agreed, Mario 64 had noticeable flaws even at the time (that camera), and it's pretty dated now, but it was still revolutionary in a way that even BotW isn't, and amazingly fun. But it also paved the way for even greater things to come, and I can easily see a new BotW-esque Zelda being much better as a game, even if just as an evolution on the formula.

Unless they find a way to shake things up even more, but this was such a radical departure I'm not sure where they could take it next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Kashuno posted:

WHy is cave story even still being sold

Nicalis has no other games

• Locked thread