Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
There's a shoulder pad/armband on the right minifig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Evil BB-8 not being BB-H8 is a missed opportunity.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
More probably fake spoilers:

-Rey is a reincarnation of the first force user
-Anakin returns as a force ghost incarnation of hate
-Snoke is a ghost who can possess different bodies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL6hodXNUFk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Cardboard Box A posted:

More probably fake spoilers:

-Rey is a reincarnation of the first force user
-Anakin returns as a force ghost incarnation of hate
-Snoke is a ghost who can possess different bodies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL6hodXNUFk

Those are all dumb.

Not saying they're not true. Just hoping they're not.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Q: Why did I decide to read the comments to that dumb video?

A: Because I hate myself

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Lord and Miller left the Han Solo film.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Thats not good. Kennedy and l&m both cited creative differences. They were the real reason i was excited for it

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
gently caress, you were supposed to fire Colin Trevorrow not these dudes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, sounds like what Kennedy and Kasdan want are studio stooges so Treverrow is going nowhere.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug
Beloved geek duo fired from SW film (and reports are already coming in that they were indeed fired no matter what was dictated to the publicists) and disliked hack who SW geeks wanted fired remains in place. No way this won't be a shitshow!

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Apparently they immediately went to WB to discuss returning to do The Flash. How bad must it be to leave what is considered one of the hottest "universes" right now to go return to one of the most disliked, and that seems like a win for you.

Whoo boy, Lucasfilm.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Damage control incoming.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Seems exactly like what happened with Edgar Wright on Ant-Man; auteur comedy filmmaker(s) turn out to be more distinctive than the producers bargained for, get axed in favour of someone who'll play ball.

Meanwhile, Trevorrow being out of his element actually makes him creatively malleable and gives him job security. Wheeee.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

It kind of disproves what Rian Johnson and Colin Trevorrow have said recently, how they had very few restrictions in place from Lucasfilm. Johnson said he was surprised how much free reign he had, and that he was only bound by what was explicitly in the movies before, that he could take the story wherever he wanted. Unless they somehow exert more control over the spin off movies? But that doesn't make much sense.

It's also possible that whatever Lord & Miller were doing really was turning out pretty poorly, and that it wasn't really clear until the studio had seen enough footage. But I'd say that is less likely.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
It could also be that JJ and Rian are more closely on Lucasfilm's wavelength with what they were doing and brought to the table, while Lord and Miller took what was there and started going real out there with it. Gareth might have been the same way, but I get the sense the problems they saw with Rogue One weren't necessarily due to him, more that weaknesses in the script weren't apparent until it was filmed and a cut was put together. That then necessitated going back with all the additional reshoots. It didn't reflect poorly on him, so he stayed on through the whole process.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

thrawn527 posted:

It kind of disproves what Rian Johnson and Colin Trevorrow have said recently, how they had very few restrictions in place from Lucasfilm. Johnson said he was surprised how much free reign he had, and that he was only bound by what was explicitly in the movies before, that he could take the story wherever he wanted. Unless they somehow exert more control over the spin off movies? But that doesn't make much sense.

It's also possible that whatever Lord & Miller were doing really was turning out pretty poorly, and that it wasn't really clear until the studio had seen enough footage. But I'd say that is less likely.

I could see their style just not gelling at all if Han solo is shooting people's dicks off or something

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

ShineDog posted:

I could see their style just not gelling at all if Han solo is shooting people's dicks off or something

Presumably that would have come up in the script stage, though.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Apparently there were multiple scenes of Han Solo, on all fours, eating out of a dog's bowl. Naturally, the studio found this confusing and almost insulting, given the budget.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress, a '21 Jump Street Style' Han Solo movie would have been rad.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The guy who made Book of Henry is still on track to make the finale to the latest Star Wars trilogy.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The guy who made Book of Henry is still on track to make the finale to the latest Star Wars trilogy.

The "canon" of post-ROTJ Star Wars is that Emperor Palpatine put his soul into a bunch of robots to carry out his agenda in case of his untimely death so this actually lines up perfectly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUEGD_PW-2k

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Taintrunner posted:

The "canon" of post-ROTJ Star Wars is that Emperor Palpatine put his soul into a bunch of robots to carry out his agenda in case of his untimely death so this actually lines up perfectly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUEGD_PW-2k

I'm not watching this video because that YouTube channel is crazy, but I don't think they're suppose to have his actual soul. I think they're just droids with a holographic face of him giving orders he set up ahead of time, to make people think he was still giving orders and wasn't dead.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I still don't understand why Lucasfilm chose Colin Trevorrow to direct anything to begin with. Yes it was announced right after Jurassic World made a trillion dollars but he was in talks to direct Episode 7 before JJ came along when he had nothing to his name besides Safety Not Guaranteed.

And then they give him a tighter timeline by setting a release date for May 2019. (which will compete with another Disney property in the Avengers at the same time which makes so little sense.)

I am really concerned that Episode 9 is going to be a dumpster fire.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The popular internet answer to that has been "Frank Marshall" but who knows

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

I think this is actually exactly what happened. And Kasdan wasn't happy with them ab libing everything. Arguments over who solo is as a character make sense. It also makes sense why Kennedy went with Kasdan over them. She's worked with him plenty and trusts him.

Unlike a lot of Hollywood moves this one makes sense, and I have more faith in the project now.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Someone hire Marty Scorsese.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I wonder what George is up to.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I wonder what George is up to.

Working on low income housing, enjoying his billions, racing his work to the grave.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thrawn527 posted:

I'm not watching this video because that YouTube channel is crazy, but I don't think they're suppose to have his actual soul. I think they're just droids with a holographic face of him giving orders he set up ahead of time, to make people think he was still giving orders and wasn't dead.

I agree that it's crazy but I want to hear someone else say it, can you articulate why?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Operation Cinder was Palpatine's posthumous contingency revenge plan to cleanse the galaxy of his secrets in the event that poo poo went south for him and/or the Empire.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Operation:_Cinder

The viewscreen faced robots are almost certainly recordings.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I still don't understand why Lucasfilm chose Colin Trevorrow to direct anything to begin with. Yes it was announced right after Jurassic World made a trillion dollars but he was in talks to direct Episode 7 before JJ came along when he had nothing to his name besides Safety Not Guaranteed.

And then they give him a tighter timeline by setting a release date for May 2019. (which will compete with another Disney property in the Avengers at the same time which makes so little sense.)

I am really concerned that Episode 9 is going to be a dumpster fire.

Like this whole trilogy isn't already a dumpster fire.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

kathleen kennedy should just stop being involved with star wars

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

kathleen kennedy should just stop being involved with star wars

:frogout:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
They were fired for refusing to budge on the young Han and Greedo scene where they made a pact that if they ever found each other on the opposite side of a blaster, they'd shoot at the same time.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

They were also in trouble because there was a twenty minute discussion of Life Day and another lengthy scene where two unnamed characters (that feature in no other scenes) tell stories that confirm Boba Fett was actually a very busy and good Bounty Hunter.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I could see Lord & Miller pushing to buff Jaxxon's story.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Taintrunner posted:

I agree that it's crazy but I want to hear someone else say it, can you articulate why?

That YouTube channel, or the theory? The YouTube channel, as I remember it's just a guy saying things that happened in a book. Like, I get as much from Wikipedia.

As far as his soul being put into robots, eh, sounds too Dark Empire to me, and I don't remember it actually being supported in text anywhere. Just that the robots with his holographic face started giving some orders. That doesn't say anything about a soul, so I don't know where that's coming from.

edit: I watched the video, he doesn't say anything about the robots having Sheev's soul in them. Just that sentinel droids delivered Palpatine's messages after his death.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Turns out Ronny Howard is stepping in.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Han Solo movie with Arrested Development style voiceovers.

(I didn't think that up, but it's too funny a mental image to not share)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Greedo had gone too far, and had best watch his mouth.

• Locked thread