Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I doubt it. I recall that 3v GTs of that era were roughly a driver's race against the '11+ V6, and my understanding is that the EB is faster than the V6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
It's a functional tie. And the EB will handle better.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
i'm harping on him over the v8 shenanigans but honestly why would you want to swap an EB in. If you are gonna do a swap just get something that's already making high power.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Buhbuhj posted:

i'm harping on him over the v8 shenanigans but honestly why would you want to swap an EB in. If you are gonna do a swap just get something that's already making high power.

Financially more prudent to swap in a $6K coyote than to finance another car.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Lol I pull on stock and bolt on 5.0 GT's in my FBO ecoboost on E30. My car sounds like poo poo but at least it's fast. I will admit the sound of an uncorked coyote is very tempting. I really like the features of the 18MY but that front end is just 🤢

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

mechaet posted:

Financially more prudent to swap in a $6K coyote than to finance another car.

I meant an engine??????????? No one said anything about buying a car.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
If you put two ecoboosts in you'd have 8 cylinders, just sayin'

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Dinurth posted:

Wait, they make non V8 Mustangs?

Next you'll tell me people choose automatics on purpose too.

Buhbuhj posted:

The saddest types of people, those.

Please do not blaspheme ITT.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

PT6A posted:

If you put two ecoboosts in you'd have 8 cylinders, just sayin'

And two turbos :getin:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Two is the proper number of turbos.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

ilkhan posted:

Something I think we can all agree on.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Watched some rando drive my car into a trailer today... after he stalled it twice. They wouldn't let me do it because I'm not covered on their insurance.

Here's hoping I see my car in Raleigh in a few days.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

ilkhan posted:

What about 8?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

frozenphil posted:

What about 8?

[tg]http://i.imgur.com/M0cUZeO.jpg[/timg]

[tg]http://i.imgur.com/ltQuEAE.jpg[/timg]
Nope. It's 2.
*Maybe* 4. But always 2.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Will normal sized mustang wheels fit on an ecoboost with performance package? They are some dumb 19 inch wheel with low profile summer tires. I think the disc is half an inch bigger.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

Will normal sized mustang wheels fit on an ecoboost with performance package? They are some dumb 19 inch wheel with low profile summer tires. I think the disc is half an inch bigger.
What do you mean by normal? Any of the 15+ wheels fit fine on the EB PP, they have the same brakes as the non-PP GT.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I mean ones I can find on craigslist for $100, normal wheels you can buy in a liquor store parking lot.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
First you said normal mustang wheels, then you said normal wheels. I don't know what this means. What wheels do you want?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
The stock wheels for those calipers are 18s. I doubt a 17 would clear them and even some 18s might have issues.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
E: ignore me, I'm a dummy

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I guess I should have asked if 18 inch wheels would fit an ecoboost with the performace package that puts 19 inch wheels on it. I thought I read the disc was half an inch bigger but that could just be imagination. I know the caliper is bigger. Searching google just gives me a bunch of crazy forum results about people insulting ecoboost owners. I prefer a taller sidewall for daily driving in pot hole country. I really just want the package for the gauges (manifold warning) and the posi rear. Did I mention ecoboost mustangs seem to depreciate $10,000 in 12 months? That is the mustang depreciation I know and love.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
You are probably better off getting a premium. All s550s have a lsd and the digital gauge shows the same readings as the one in the pp.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

I guess I should have asked if 18 inch wheels would fit an ecoboost with the performace package that puts 19 inch wheels on it. I thought I read the disc was half an inch bigger but that could just be imagination. I know the caliper is bigger. Searching google just gives me a bunch of crazy forum results about people insulting ecoboost owners. I prefer a taller sidewall for daily driving in pot hole country. I really just want the package for the gauges (manifold warning) and the posi rear. Did I mention ecoboost mustangs seem to depreciate $10,000 in 12 months? That is the mustang depreciation I know and love.

EB PP wheels and brakes are bigger than the wheels/brakes on a standard EB. The brakes are the same as the standards on a GT, though. It's the GT PP that has stupid big brakes disks.

And if the depreciation bugs you buy a used one.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
My winter tires are 18s on my non-PP GT, you should be fine. Depending on the specific wheel.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

You're definitely better off getting a PP GT. Yes that is correct.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Random, but anyone interested in a 5-speed shift knob? The Mach 1 came with the exact same one, except black on white which fits the gray a little better. It was purchased from CJPonyparts in Feb of 16 and there are no scratches any hardly a sign of wear and tear.

The webpage says it fits 83-04. Link

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So a PP GT without leather is 28k an eco poop with leather and PP is 21K. Both under 5000 miles. The ECO is a year newer in service but both are 2015 MY.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Buy whatever you can afford I don't get what's going on here.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Eco poop

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You should be able to find a 2017 GT w/o leather at $30k brand new.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Going with an eco for $17k that Ford bought back as a lemon will post pics when it gets delivered. It is not yellow though it is a maroon (just like me). It has cloth seats. Buying it over the internets like everything is amazon cause it is 2017. It comes with an extra year of warranty for the lemon buy back.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Elephanthead posted:

Going with an eco for $17k that Ford bought back as a lemon will post pics when it gets delivered. It is not yellow though it is a maroon (just like me). It has cloth seats. Buying it over the internets like everything is amazon cause it is 2017. It comes with an extra year of warranty for the lemon buy back.

why is it a lemon? what was the problem with it? that sounds scary.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

kalvick posted:

why is it a lemon? what was the problem with it? that sounds scary.

I am not frightened by cars and often even drive them.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Why is it a lemon?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Probably something stupid like the trunk doesn't line up right. So many people on mustang forums will try to lemon their car over the weirdest things.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Lemon means the dealer tried to fix it multiple times and the problem keeps coming back. 1st question I would ask would be why is this car lemoned?

im not saying you cant enjoy it and drive it often, but if something keeps failing all the time, its not enjoyable, and you may not be able to drive it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, keep in mind that no matter how minor a niggle someone may have about a car, it is always cheaper for the manufacturer to fix it than buy it back. Even if it was something like "the trunk gap is uneven", that means Ford was literally unable at any level to correct the issue.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, "I'm not afraid of cars" doesn't seem like the soundest reasoning for buying a car that was legally declared a piece of poo poo.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I didn't even know it was legal to resell a lemon. I thought if the dealer was forced to take it back, it was junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

Looking forward to you coming back here complaining that the lemon lawed car you bought is, in fact, still a loving lemon.