Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

ThinkTank posted:

Yeah, usually it's the European guy infecting the Black Hawk guy to get what they want.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Yeah, usually it's the European guy infecting the Black Hawk guy to get what they want.

Hell yeah :thurman:

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

ThinkTank posted:

:allbuttons:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

ThinkTank posted:

:golfclap:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
If the NHL hadnt retroactively hosed the Hawks on cap recapture I bet hossa would've retired

this sucks though

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I call bullshit on this, but if it happens OH HELL FUCKIN YEAH

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/877592234186514433

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Jonny Nox posted:

All
Day
I
Dream
About
Someone

(It's Crosby, btw)

What the gently caress, me?

All Day I Dream About Sidney was right there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

If the NHL hadnt retroactively hosed the Hawks on cap recapture I bet hossa would've retired

this sucks though

Yeah I bet he hates money too.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Lebrun posted:

Hearing that VGK have selected Marc Methot in the expansion draft... whether or not he gets flipped over the next few days...

loving Phaneuf

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

loving Phaneuf

Both Methot and Ceci are bad. Also don't give players NTC if you don't want them to exercise their options.

Stiev Awt posted:

I call bullshit on this, but if it happens OH HELL FUCKIN YEAH

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/877592234186514433

The funnier part is apparently VGK might flip him because he apparently has trade value???

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I just hope losing Methot doesn't preclude Dorion trying to trade Ceci as well (Who am I kidding? They protected him, he's probably first choice to play with Karlsson next year)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't know if people hated them or not, but I kind of miss the college hockey look for the Dallas Stars.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Who signed Phaneuf to thst contract anyways? It's not still the CGY one is it?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Pretty sure it was the Leafs, but Murray agreed to take it to get us away from Cowen, so in a way we're all responsible.

I predict Methot will look bad.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Bring back Mooterus

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

It was the Leafs.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/877605397749682177

Looks like it's set up so that Gretzky gets to present the Hart trophy to McDavid.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So how badly will OAS melt down if McDavid doesn't win the Hart?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
If Emelin has trade value maybe we can get rid of Marc Staal after all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kilza posted:

Looks like it's set up so that Gretzky gets to present the Hart trophy to McDavid.

Gainey's gonna present it to the guy who tied (and will beat) his record.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The NHL is really knocking its award presenters out of the park again I see.

Lindsay: Former players, whatever

Selke: Bob Gainey and then noted annoying Habs Superfan and Seth Rogen knower Jay Baruchel

James Norris: Denis Potvin and then Baruchel again because he directed two hockey movies

Calder: Some guy I've never heard of who apparently was a third run actor in Hamilton

GM of the Year: The least famous guy from Stranger Things

Jack Adams: The Stranger Things guy again

Masterson: An actual ten year old presenting an award by himself

Lady Byng: Marcel Dionne and an Olympic Gymnast for some reason?

Vezina: Former Players

Hart: Wayne giving it to Connor

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Oh, if it's Potvin presenting the Norris maybe Karlsson's winning. Denis loves Karlsson.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

I think Mario is supposed to present some award. Guess it'd be Player of the Year maybe? i dunno

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Blues are going to lose Perron and nothing else will involve them. so not only will it be boring, but it is also frustrating to make an unforced error like that.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Ted Lindsay presenting the Ted Lindsay Award is pretty cool, mostly because I didn't realize he was still alive. He's 91 years old. Cool.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/877614134245826560

Goddammit we're going to lose Lindbergh aren't we?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

David Harbour is the new Hellboy.

And Taran Killam was on SNL for like 10 years.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/877614134245826560

Goddammit we're going to lose Lindbergh aren't we?

Or Fast

Maybe Grabner

I mean, it's a better situation than a lot of teams

e: some random guy claims it is indeed Lindberg

Life goes on

Also apparently Emelin started following the Vegas Knights on twitter so that's pretty funny if it's n indication they selected him

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/877618713276579840

:rip: white gloves, taken too soon from us

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Levitate posted:

Or Fast

Maybe Grabner

I mean, it's a better situation than a lot of teams

e: some random guy claims it is indeed Lindberg

Life goes on

Also apparently Emelin started following the Vegas Knights on twitter so that's pretty funny if it's n indication they selected him

Grabner pls. I don't even care if they flip him to Chicago.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Sounds like it's definitely Lindberg

Oh well, I like the guy, he played real well near the end of last year, but he's not a big cog for any team

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kilza posted:

his team, meaning gretzky's team

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Lindsay: Former players, whatever

Selke: Bob Gainey and then noted annoying Habs Superfan and Seth Rogen knower Jay Baruchel

James Norris: Denis Potvin and then Baruchel again because he directed two hockey movies

Calder: Some guy I've never heard of who apparently was a third run actor in Hamilton

GM of the Year: The least famous guy from Stranger Things

Jack Adams: The Stranger Things guy again

Masterson: An actual ten year old presenting an award by himself

Lady Byng: Marcel Dionne and an Olympic Gymnast for some reason?

Vezina: Former Players

Hart: Wayne giving it to Connor
Former players who won it are the kind of guys who should be handing it out

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

White gloves shows your hands on the steering wheel when you wreck someone into the - oops, wrong sport.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
VEGAS IS TAKING BELLEMARE :tastykake:

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
sucks to lose lindberg but i expected it. happy to keep grabner and fast, and, apparently, raanta. really hope there wasn't a deal in place to keep raanta for anything more than like, a late pick.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

a false posted:

sucks to lose lindberg but i expected it. happy to keep grabner and fast, and, apparently, raanta. really hope there wasn't a deal in place to keep raanta for anything more than like, a late pick.

I'm pretty sure both the New York Post and Newsday said the rangers don't have any deals in place with vegas.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Apparently Vegas is taking Tomas Nosek from the Red Wings, which I guess says a lot about Vegas' opinion of the "talent" on the Wings since they picked him instead of Mrazek, Ouellet, or Sheahan.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Apparently Vegas is taking Tomas Nosek from the Red Wings, which I guess says a lot about Vegas' opinion of the "talent" on the Wings since they picked him instead of Mrazek, Ouellet, or Sheahan.

they're tanking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shawn Cotureier posted:

VEGAS IS TAKING BELLEMARE :tastykake:

Lol people on Facebook are apparently upset as hell about this, why, who gives a poo poo it's loving Bellemare, the way some people are acting you would think we just sent away Couterier

"People are dumb, news at 11" and all that but he seems like an odd choice to get bent out of shape over

• Locked thread